Thunderhead Oil Meta Stalled at Southwestern Rig

When the oil gathering phase of the southern meta-event in Thunderhead Peaks starts, I've repeatedly seen small delays for the southwestern oil rig, i.e. whereas the progress bars at the northern and southeastern events were already 25-33% full, there wasn't yet a single oil spill at the southwestern rig. On Sunday during the 9:45 UTC meta on EU I saw the most extreme of these delays yet: the progress bars at the other two rigs had been completely filled when there was still not a single drop of oil at the southwestern rig. People had begun carrying their excess oil from the other two rigs over to the stalled one, but that wasn't nearly enough to finish the event. The oil finally started to appear with barely a minute on the timer, and we managed to get the progress bar filled with just 9 seconds still on the clock, but a few people had given up by then and left the map.

Someone should investigate that delay, seeing as it has escalated from a minor nuisance to something that seriously threatens to fail the meta event chain.

I've stopped going to the map but back when I was active there I participated in several runs where it did end up failing. Although they did all have some oil spots initially. One will just stop in the middle. It wasn't always the same one but it was always 1/3 and not 2/3 or 3/3.

This seems to be a related but somewhat different issue: I've only ever seen it at the southwestern oil rig, but I've seen it with enough regularity there to have some confidence that it might affect only that one place. And it always shows as a delay for the spilled oil to appear, i.e. there will be no oil initially at southwest when both the northern and southeastern rigs are happily filling their progress bar already.

And just for completeness' sake, it seems entirely unrelated to the damage sustained by the oil rig in the previous phase of the meta.

Archived