Coming Back to the game looking for a WvW server with a discord

ThenCameThree.4163

@Lawrencii.1356 said:JQ is the only server that moved in to Discord as far as I know? Wish mine did the same long time ago. Most guilds do have its own discord server tho.

Fort-Aspenwood recently has, as well.

@ThenCameThree.4163 said:do you know what servers i should be looking for NA WvW times

NA is the most popular time-zone and you can pretty much find an NA group to run with on any server.

If you're looking to join a server specifically who has Discord and uses it often, whom also has NA, AFAIK Fort-Aspenwood and Jade Quarry are the servers (both are currently locked, so you'll have to wait). Magumma iirc has a discord but they use the TS3 for their voice comms; they have a link server Devona's Rest, which is open and you can transfer to today (but the server is a link and will be reset in the next few weeks). Sea of Sorrows also has a discord but I believe like Maguuma they also use TS3 for voice comms (Sea of Sorrows is also a full server and is locked, but they have a few link servers you can transfer to).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#List_of_worlds

@atticus.5284 said:Because of the commander's channel issue, most servers use TS3. Is there a specific reason why you can't/won't use TS3?

@Seasniffer.1763 said:Lets be real, outside of (((Blackgate)))nobody, and I mean nobody uses CCOMs in the CURRENT year. Yet JQ and FA are the only servers who have hopped on the great program that is Discord.

Discord will have future functionality that will include channel communication. It's been backed. FYI.

https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/12321720-whisper?page=1&per_page=20

Crystal Desert also has a discord although we use ours mainly for outside game communications, and coordination between multiple time-zones, We do still use TS3 for voice. And as ref to who uses cc comm's in the current day and age...CD commanders do. In any case if you are serious about checking out cd feel free to join our discord at https://discord.gg/A7Ztvrv although you wont' be able to see much of anything unless your on a server that's currently linked to us or cd itself.

As someone who has just transferred off of Dragonbrand after spending nearly 2 years on that server. Be very wary if you are thinking of moving there. The only timezones that care on that server is SEA and EU.

NA timezone players on DB are very bad in terms of.-They'd rather spite each other while maps are queue and wipe over and over again needlessly. Then to work together and help each other out.-They promote wiping to other equal or less sized groups. They refuse leadership. They also just promote being bad and getting farmed.-For a lack of a better term NA timezone players on DB simply just don't care about the server in my honest opinion. And will throw away SEA's and EU's work efforts, over pity egos and very fragile emotions.

OCX timezone on DB, is basically empty.

SEA timezone on DB has some good guilds and are willing to work with each other.

EU timezone imo is where DB now shines, because guilds to include {RESO} are really try harding to be decent or better players. Who utilize teamwork over brute forcing their enemies down with numbers.

Also DB has loads fairweathers and PvE players who refuse to be taught WvW, and contribute to the server.

And yes DB just got a server wide discord as I walked out of the door, less than a week ago. If you do want to join a server with a decent NA. DB is really not the server for those people. Even with map queues in NA prime.

Archived