Anet: Fix or Replace Warrior Vengeance #Sailor Pluto

LostInDarkness.5460

Downed skills are one of the GW2 mechanics that make it so much cooler than other games, except for the Warrior's Vengeance.Who wants a skill that is going to kill you anyway? Why not let the warrior live if he does kill someone after time runs out, or just replace it with something that is better in the down skill list?Downed skills are supposed to give you a fighting chance to recover not guarantee you die? LOL

Vengeance reminds me of Sailor Pluto's power World Killer. "I can slay any word that I am on. But er I can only do it once" :\

@LostInDarkness.5460 said:Downed skills are one of the GW2 mechanics that make it so much cooler than other games, except for the Warrior's Vengeance.Who wants a skill that is going to kill you anyway? Why not let the warrior live if he does kill someone after time runs out, or just replace it with something that is better in the down skill list?Downed skills are supposed to give you a fighting chance to recover not guarantee you die? LOL

Vengeance reminds me of Sailor Pluto's power World Killer. "I can slay any word that I am on. But er I can only do it once" :\

@Randulf.7614 said:Warriors vengeance gives 25% of staying alive if you kill something and 100% if traited.

It gives a fighting chance and doesn’t guarantee death

It is fine as is

@LostInDarkness.5460 see the response from @Randulf.7614 , that's your answer...and this really should have been posted in the Professions forum sub-forum for Warrior.

The only thing I don't like about this skill is its luck-based nature if not traited. I would like it better if warriors were guaranteed to die, or had to score 5 kills to rally, or anything else not bound to the 25% chance, really. Other than that, it is a great skill both thematically and functionally.

What about: to current bonuses, Vengeance also lasts 33% longer (20 seconds instead of 15)But even then, the trait is just too weak to be competetive with Warrior's Sprint (or even Crack Shot for rifle builds).Who even cares about 100 endurance gain? It is a bit arbitrary.

I would also suggest Hammer Toss (2nd downed skill) to be changed into frontal cone melee kick with launch/knockback effect and 3 targets cap. I find it currently a bit useless, long cast time, very easy to blind, dodge, reflect/destroy, etc... not that it is required as if the skill would be broken or anything, just a suggestion.

@cryorion.9532 said:What about: to current bonuses, Vengeance also lasts 33% longer (20 seconds instead of 15)But even then, the trait is just too weak to be competetive with Warrior's Sprint (or even Crack Shot for rifle builds).Who even cares about 100 endurance gain? It is a bit arbitrary.

I would also suggest Hammer Toss (2nd downed skill) to be changed into frontal cone melee kick with launch/knockback effect and 3 targets cap. I find it currently a bit useless, long cast time, very easy to blind, dodge, reflect/destroy, etc... not that it is required as if the skill would be broken or anything, just a suggestion.

You know a Trait is bad when a garbage trait like Crack Shot outclasses it.

@Airdive.2613 said:The only thing I don't like about this skill is its luck-based nature if not traited. I would like it better if warriors were guaranteed to die, or had to score 5 kills to rally, or anything else not bound to the 25% chance, really. Other than that, it is a great skill both thematically and functionally.I just don't want my play to be based on luck. It takes away the skill factor. I wish they would change or replace it with another skill.

That would be pretty broken if warrior without sacrificing anything would be able to just get up from the ground kill someone and go away, imagine this thing in pvp, you take down warrior he gets up in before you are able to kill him, and then he turns into hulk-smash (rampage) kills you back and gg.Right now you have to choose a trait and a entire tree for it to be this strong.