Simple Crafting QoL Change

Zacchary.6183

Just crafted something and noticed another thing I do because it's such a clunky interface. When I want to refine something, I click one of the first recipes and then expand it to get to a material to refine - then once the list has moved focus down there, I choose what I really wanted to refine in the first place. I mean, it works, but that shouldn't be the fastest way to get to an area in your crafting menu.

Hey, can I add another thing to this request? I'd love to have 'refine' separated out into 'refine materials' and 'refine intermediates'. I mean, that's a terrible name, but I'd love to have a separate category for refining my wood into planks and refining my planks into dowels, etc. Of course, I've never misclicked. I would never be that clumsy, but I bet it would help other people. whistles

I'm almost always going for the "Refinement" category, anyway, and it's most of the way down the list. I know it's probably easier to just type in the search bar, but that would mean shifting from mouse to keyboard. For most folks, that may be trivial, but my chair sits so much lower than my desk that I can't see the tops of the keys. I have to use both hands to type that way, so now I've fully abandoned the mouse and probably made at least one dog move off my left arm (I use a G600 so I can play most of the game with just mouse hotkeys and pet my dogs while I play).

So, yeah, it would be nice if I could just click on the minimized category of interest instead of going to all that trouble.

Archived