What are decent sigils and runes to run in both WvW and PvE?

Zexanima.7851

I'm thinking leadership or fireworks for rune and just accuracy and force for sigils. For now I'm running a mix of marauder's and berserkers until I can get a separate set of gear for both modes. Trying to balance a good medium between damage and survivability so I can use this set in PvE and WvW roaming.

For WvW.

Decent would me Strenght Rune.It helps with Might Uptime for you and your allies.

Force Sigil is a must have.Accurasy only is you need the critchance.If you dont then Impact Sigil.

Your job is to give Boons and doing big boy dmg.

If you have trouble surviving then you fellow firebrand/scrapper/tempest is doing his job wrong.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:For WvW.

Decent would me Strenght Rune.It helps with Might Uptime for you and your allies.

Force Sigil is a must have.Accurasy only is you need the critchance.If you dont then Impact Sigil.

If you have trouble surviving then you fellow firebrand/scrapper/tempest is doing his job wrong.

I'll be roaming though so I won't always have a dependable support.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:For WvW.

I'll be roaming though so I won't always have a dependable support.

Ohhhhh! Roaming.

Then Firework should be a good choice.

@"Zexanima.7851" said:I'm thinking leadership or fireworks for rune and just accuracy and force for sigils. For now I'm running a mix of marauder's and berserkers until I can get a separate set of gear for both modes. Trying to balance a good medium between damage and survivability so I can use this set in PvE and WvW roaming.

Firework is objectively pretty bad for Heralds from a "wasted stat weight" PoV unless you really think you need the Vigor (you don't). This would especially be true if you're trying to also double-dip it into PvE since it's boons are self-only, as opposed to Pack.

Here's a list of what most people deem as the "best" runes for WvW Roaming: Durability, Surging, Leadership, Scholars, Strength. With an honorable mention/budged flex for Rage, Hoelbrak, Pack, Fireworks (Really just a worse version of Pack but people have been dedicated to making it work since it's somewhat new and it makes them feel clever to do so).

Now when it comes down to PvE, it really depends what you're trying to do... But if you're trying to do anything group oriented and competitive (like fractals), you basically have one great choice, and it's Scholars. Anything that isn't scholars falls into the category of "not-as-good-as-scholars" and doesn't really matter, although some of the power runsets do actually come kind of close, especially if you consistently fail to keep the 2nd part of your scholar 6-set-bonus.

So I guess short answer, if you want one runeset for both, you should probably just use Scholars. Now scholars isn't the best choice for the current solo-roaming scene imo, but it's still a strong choice for busting people down, so it's certainly workable--and it is 100% the choice you want in PvE.

People often overestimate force sigil in WvW roaming. You will not be constantly hitting the enemy like in PvE. I prefer sigil of air instead although I do not use it on rev.

My rev has:Armor: zerker stats, durabillity runes.mainhand: sword, sigil of hydromancy.Offhand: sword, sigil of energy.Weapon swap: staff, sigil of cleansing and sigil of energy.Trinkets: Marauder stats.

I find that condi builds ruin you without the cleansig sigil. All the sigils are on weapon swap effects so swapping avatars trigger them off cooldown as well.

Archived