How do you all deal with mental exhaustion.

As you all know this game does not shut your brain you have to think to research, to strategies and to react at most mobs, vistas, waypoints, hearts and an large number of event in this game. So of course it gets exhausting so how do you all deal with the issue of exhaustion that will arise sooner or later?

@adormtil.1605 said:As you all know this game does not shut your brain you have to think to research, to strategies and to react at most mobs, vistas, waypoints, hearts and an large number of event in this game. So of course it gets exhausting so how do you all deal with the issue of exhaustion that will arise sooner or later?

Go watch TV, read a book, take the dog for a walk, go grab some snacks form the store, draw, play a different game, ect.

@adormtil.1605 said:As you all know this game does not shut your brain you have to think to research, to strategies and to react at most mobs, vistas, waypoints, hearts and an large number of event in this game. So of course it gets exhausting so how do you all deal with the issue of exhaustion that will arise sooner or

Actually this game is the opposite, it is actually very basic when u understand how dull the mechanics and balance are.

Still if u feel that pushed by this game, avoid the redundancies, do something else or do something that does not include hamming.

I'm not sure I understand this question. Isn't a game's purpose to mentally stimulate and entertain while doing so? I could see intensive activities like PvP or hardcore PvE like raids becoming exhausting if one overdoes it but the ones you mentioned are the exact opposite of that.

If by "exhaustion" you mean routinely repeating the same activities over and over and getting fatigued from them, then that's common in MMOs and the obvious solution is taking a break and doing something else instead.

I play to avoid all that. Whilst I don’t play high end content, I find the rest of the game pretty automatic and mindless, albeit in a good way.

It is why I’ve kept playing. I can’t really get into anything too complex or detailed these days. I lack the focus and concentration

The point of a game is to relax you, to help you unwind or distract from the pressures of real life. If the game is actually exhausting you, physically or mentally, then something is amiss. Either the game as a whole, or the in game activities you choose to play are not healthy for you, or (most likely) your play sessions are too long. Try breaking them up and see if that makes a difference.

@adormtil.1605 said:As you all know this game does not shut your brain you have to think to research, to strategies and to react at most mobs, vistas, waypoints, hearts and an large number of event in this game. So of course it gets exhausting so how do you all deal with the issue of exhaustion that will arise sooner or later?

Lol this game is peanuts... One of the most relaxing games to play if you're not doing hardcore Fractals, raids or PvP content.I usually play it while watching youtube or series.

@"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:If by "exhaustion" you mean routinely repeating the same activities over and over and getting fatigued from them, then that's common in MMOs and the obvious solution is taking a break and doing something else instead.Obvious solution is to not play trash MMOs like that, and play those which at least resemble a proper game, like GW2 does, at times ;) At least, in GW2 you are not really obliged to do all that routinely repeated stuff, as it's usually only needed for some insignificant boost (like, moving from exotic to ascended), or for cosmetics (farming legendaries). When you start to turn a game into a boring, monotonous chore, you are doing something seriously wrong with your life, imo. Chores belong IRL, where they are hopefully also sufficiently rewarded with a paycheck.

It definitely is what you make of it. You have the choice to do everything your own way luckily, and you can choose easier content or tankier gear or another profession altogether - it all comes down to what you enjoy the most.

My recent experience of this phenomenon was playing core marauder elementalist in PvP, boy did I have to keep my head in the game and it ended up stressing me immensely. Whenever I play tempest, it's way more relaxed as I am tougher and don't need to move around the map as much.

This also applies to PvE, f.ex choosing to do content on an engineer instead of a ranger. Best solution I have to offer really is to make different characters with different builds for different content. This allows you to breeze through map completion on the profession you find most appropriate for the task, to be in tip top shape ready to rumble for HoT-metas, ready for laidback zerging during reset night or be a support beast when getting your PvP dailies.

I play the story season 3 actually and to my distaste there are some kind of enemies called jade constructs which take an ton to beat and they hit you will all kinds of debuffs and condition damage.1 vs 1 there not big of an deal but there not alone and that is so annoying. There everywhere.

@adormtil.1605 said:I play the story season 3 actually and to my distaste there are some kind of enemies called jade constructs which take an ton to beat and they hit you will all kinds of debuffs and condition damage.1 vs 1 there not big of an deal but there not alone and that is so annoying. There everywhere.

Maybe you're tired from playing too much when you were doing this? The Jade Constructs arent that hard to kill and you can keep respawning nearby so you can just keep chipping off its health.

If you're frustrated about that, take a break or go do some unproductive fun stuff with other players for a little while - last night there was an LFG for some idiotic fun, joined it, lasted for like 2 hours = tears of joy

There's plenty of stuff you can do in the game that's easy or relaxing. SAB is on right now and I enjoy the hell out of it. Chatting with my guild. Make some friends and hang out. The world boss train usually doesn't need much thought process. There's a ton of stuff you can do when you want some down time.

GW2 is entertainment. It is supposed to provide relaxation. If it causes mental exhaustion my advice is do not to play..