[Achievements] Harpoon Master bugged: only Spear kills count! Speargun Master stalled.

Update

Obviously, Spear kills are counting as Harpoon Gun kills, while Harpoon Gun kills don't count at all. Also, Speargun Master won't progress at all, neither by using a Spear, nor Trident or Harpoon Gun!

I am currently trying to get my last few kills for this Achievement, but it remains stuck at 4,953 kills, regardless of where I go and what type of enemy I kill.

What I've tried so far:

• Merging with my pet
  • Unequipping the secondary weapon (spear)
  • Equipping the harpoon gun in the other weapon slot
  • Switching characters
  • Changing maps
  • Killing all types of underwater creatures

Please fix..

P.S. Yes, @Illconceived Was Na.9781, I already sent an individual bug report, as always. ;)

Some facts that may or may not be helpful:

The names of the achievements "Speargun Master" and "Harpoon Master" are misleading. The Speargun achievement is actually referring to Harpoon Gun weapons (sometimes just called Harpoon). The Harpoon achievement refers to Spear weapons.

Foes killed by area of effect damage from Sigil of Fire also count towards the title for whichever weapon skill caused the hit.

To acquire weapon-related achievements, the last hit must be dealt with that particular weapon a specific number of times. Only the weapon related to the weapon skill that strikes the killing blow will earn a point. If the target dies from any other source of damage such as Pets, trait effects, condition damage or most utility skills no credit is given, although several utility skills count as kills from a certain weapon.

Players can use the Combat log to check whether a weapon skill was the last hit dealt on a target as long as nothing else was attacking it too.

Good luck.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Some facts that may or may not be helpful:

The names of the achievements "Speargun Master" and "Harpoon Master" are misleading. The Speargun achievement is actually referring to Harpoon Gun weapons (sometimes just called Harpoon). The Harpoon achievement refers to Spear weapons.

That is crazy and should get fixed, as it makes no sense whatsoever. :angry:

Also, it does not explain why Speargun Master does not progress at all using a harpoon.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You might check the Combat Log to make sure it is the weapon delivering the killing shot, rather than a condition from a Trait, etc.

Edit: That was it after all for the Speargun achievement! You were right. Thanks!

So basically, kills don't count if you apply deadly conditions with your weapon. My ranger therefore can only achieve this by auto-attacking. GG, ANet.

P.S. Still hope they will switch the names, as this is majorly confusing...

Archived