How do you get new members to join your guild?

LimeDragon.7312

I think it helps to establish what the goals for your guild are. What type of content you're wanting to focus on and such like that. Of course, as a new guild, you'll probably be wanting to build up your guild hall as well which means running PvE events to get materials as well as missions for favour to spend on the hall.

Hosting (commanding) groups for various content around the game is a good place to start and recruiting from the folks that join you can be good. My guild has never had a representation requirement which makes it friendly for people who even already have a main guild and just join for particular events like raiding or factals. I've found that you'll get more people to help join or organize specific content types by recruiting in them.

The forums and beginner areas of the game are a great place to find new players although quite a few veterans are also just looking for new homes on the forums as well. Don't forget to mention your region and a general guild philosophy in the message (even if it's just casual PvX, meaning just about anything goes). If you're looking for raiders, the aerodrome and commanding raids is a great place to recruit. For fractals, you can try after running groups. Command a meta event or some bounties in open world and you'll probably find people looking for PvE. I've found some friends through duo queue in PvP as well although that has been slower.

I've also found that keeping additional apps simple can help a lot unless you've got a very large, very dedicated member base. Things like websites, facebook pages, twitter profiles and such are cute but a lot of people find them to be a pain to keep up with or even remember to visit regularly. Because voice communication is so vital to a lot of content in the game, I'd recommend starting off with just having an app for that. My guild uses Discord because we like also being able to keep in touch and announce weekly, monthly or the odd event on there but anything works at least for comms. WvW servers often use TS, for example.

In the end, it depends on what you're looking for in a guild as well. If you simply want numbers, actively recruit everywhere. Advertise on the forums regularly, recruit in-game, make a bio on Guildex, post on r/guildrecruitment, etc. If you're looking for more "quality" in the players in terms of creating a smaller but close-knit group of guild members, it's much slower but I think it can be worth it. Find those folks you end up having great conversations with, are really helpful, friendly, and the like. Usually people who you end up grouping up with to do in-game content. Those kinds of friendships I've made from having smaller guilds in the past are the ones that tend to last for a very long time and even end up extending out to other games.

I hope that helps a bit! Good luck with your new guild!

I run a guild with over 400 people. The guild has been going since before launch.

The thing is, why would anyone join a new guild? What does it offer? There's no shortage of guilds out there, so you have to think in terms of what makes your guild worth joining, as opposed to already established guilds that have every buff unlocked. Already runs guild missions. What makes a new guild valuable?

In the case of a new guild, it's the ability to be there for the ground up, and should probably be promoted that way. But a lot depends on what content you're going to focus on, what benefits you're going to offer. How much work and time you want to put into it.

I guess the question is, what's the purpose of your guild over any other?