[Suggestion] 1 More New mount — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Suggestion] 1 More New mount

Can we have at least 1 new mount for underwater? I know people in general poopoo the idea of underwater anything but I'd like to see at least 1 underwater mount because some of us do actually enjoy underwater.

Tagged:
<1

Comments

• I was thinking about this as well, and I hope they do this. I think a great time for this would be when, and if, they bring in the Deep Sea Dragon.

• Purgatori.3645Purgatori.3645 Member ✭✭✭

It's a nice idea, but since there is basically no new content for underwater combat, and I actually think at one point it was said there wont be underwater combat, I dont see the Devs spending the resources to make a mount for this :3 Maybe thats why we got the Skimmer?

When life knocks you down ... Rollover and look at the Stars

• I would love an underwater mount and actually wanted to suggest this!

The underwater environment is really nicely done in guild wars and I really enjoy exploring it's scenery. However, swimming feels very stiff and doesn't really encourage underwater exploration. With how great the mounts have been done, this would be a great solution.
    I of course understand that the resources for making a mount are high, but I do think that the great underwater scenery deserves that investment!

• I see us getting an underwater mount when we have to deal with the Water Dragon. Maybe it is the Largos that we will get it from. It could be a jellyfish or maybe a turtle. A giant anglerfish might be good to give us a light source for deep dark portions of the ocean.

J Sword
    Server: EBay

• tigirius.9014tigirius.9014 Member ✭✭✭

Fishing is a whole other story it would be awesome to be able to do that too!

It's funny someone was saying a quaggan mount LOL

• @Zahld.4956 said:
    Maybe a lizard that can go on land and in water.

Really, that would be awesome.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping at some point they bring out an expansion focused on underwater content. At the moment they're in a bit of a catch-22 situation - it's hard to justify putting in the work to improve underwater combat when there's so little content for it, but it's hard to make more underwater content when people don't enjoy playing it because of the combat. An expansion would allow them to work on both together.

Now they've got the mount system in place they could add an underwater mount as part of that.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• Zahld.4956Zahld.4956 Member ✭✭

More simple and streamlined underwater content might be a good start.

-AKA yes 'I Approve this pwn'

• Zahld.4956Zahld.4956 Member ✭✭

Dolphin would be a good water mount.

-AKA yes 'I Approve this pwn'

• RandomWolf.3986RandomWolf.3986 Member ✭✭✭

When playing with a few friends I noticed a bug where a "swimming" animation was activated for a Raptor for a few seconds. It seems like the original mounts were meant to work on water but the idea was later scrapped.

And I'm positive we're not getting any new mounts.

• PopeUrban.2578PopeUrban.2578 Member ✭✭✭

No more underwater content.

Make the bubbles expansion about boats and ship to ship combat.

Its a shame the universe has all these cool vehicles and the closest we ever get to using them is manning the occasional turret or a glorified transformation.

Mounts are fine. I'd like to see some group based mechanics that are more complex and rewarding than "I made a combo field"

GW2 is still a very lonely game, even in its largest events.

All the perks, none of the responsibilities.
    PopeUrban - The Papacy [POPE]
    Dude in Charge, Chief Financier, and Cave-Polisher
    It's really just a club for lazy people! Join today and get big-guild services with no-guild schedules!

• Giant Lobster mount ftw!

@PopeUrban.2578 said:
    No more underwater content.

Make the bubbles expansion about boats and ship to ship combat.

Its a shame the universe has all these cool vehicles and the closest we ever get to using them is manning the occasional turret or a glorified transformation.

Mounts are fine. I'd like to see some group based mechanics that are more complex and rewarding than "I made a combo field"

GW2 is still a very lonely game, even in its largest events.

Well you don't speak for the whole community, as you can see people here like the idea because there is a large following that likes underwater content whether you like it or not. Underwater is really fun in this game and more games should include things like this.

I for one would love a mechanical mount or even an underwater toy that allows for unusual movement speed it would be nice to have such things.

• If it's underwater, it must be a turtle.

Thief F1 must remain an instacast Steal skill. DE will simply apply DE Mark on target on Steal.
    Malice build-up independently from DE Mark. Mark only speed up the build-up, not be the pre-requisite.
    http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning...there was Tarnished Coast...

• Xbon.9086Xbon.9086 Member ✭✭

as a result of mounts, underwater has become my least favorite content, where I was okay with doing it before, I only do it now for heart quests and the like... I definitely think a living world step should introduce an underwater mount of some kind.

• they have a good place to go for an expansion someday

we investigate the Largos race and the deep sea dragon?!

• @RandomWolf.3986 said:
    When playing with a few friends I noticed a bug where a "swimming" animation was activated for a Raptor for a few seconds. It seems like the original mounts were meant to work on water but the idea was later scrapped.

When there’s so many possibilities such as 2 seater mounts, both land and air, or underwater mounts for an expansion against the Sea Dragon?

One should never say never or positive we’re not, when no one actually knows, as you might find your positive is the alternate definition of positive.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• @Paul Ella.2037 said:

@Zahld.4956 said:

She turned me into a newt!

A NEWT!? xD

On topic - I would also prefer for underwater combat to be fixed first before we potentially get an underwater mount, but I'm not against the idea at all.

"For the Panini!" // NA (USA)/Ehmry Bay/[EBAY]
    Main character--Runa Xandrill, Level 80 Female Human Dragonhunter

• Tasida.4085Tasida.4085 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2017

@Paul Ella.2037 said:

@Zahld.4956 said:

Yeah but does she weigh the same as a duck? And seems a waste to add underwater mounts as very few people actually exercise underwater combat regularly. Spend the resources on other content!!

(NOBL) rocking GW's since 2005, still rocking Sorrow's Furnace :P

• @Paul Ella.2037 said:

@Zahld.4956 said:

Newt mount confirmed.

• @LightningWolfTigerBear.6725 said:

@Paul Ella.2037 said:

@Zahld.4956 said:

Newt mount confirmed.

I got better

• StinVec.3621StinVec.3621 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@RandomWolf.3986 said:

When there’s so many possibilities such as 2 seater mounts, both land and air, or underwater mounts for an expansion against the Sea Dragon?

One should never say never or positive we’re not, when no one actually knows, as you might find your positive is the alternate definition of positive.

I would be curious to see how they would implement a two-seater mount as I think that would be quite a nice feature that I do not think any other game has.

Beyond being great for non-combat traversing for friends, combat would be quite interesting.
    One person (the 'driver') controls the mount, another person (the 'passenger') can fire off ranged attacks, or in the case of flying mounts, drop bombs. :)

@Paul Ella.2037 said:

@Zahld.4956 said:

Thanks for the smile!

It makes me sad that there are many who will not get this reference without looking it up to understand why that was your comment. :\

WOW - Done with forums for good now! - Someone creates a thread about Pharus's light on crit effect asking if it is a bug - I get warned for being "off topic" for commenting how to use the search and pointing out threads discussing Pharus and it being an intended effect... Goodbye all. Happy gaming.

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2017

@StinVec.3621 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@RandomWolf.3986 said:

I would be curious to see how they would implement a two-seater mount as I think that would be quite a nice feature that I do not think any other game has.

Beyond being great for non-combat traversing for friends, combat would be quite interesting.
    One person (the 'driver') controls the mount, another person (the 'passenger') can fire off ranged attacks, or in the case of flying mounts, drop bombs. :)

WoW has 2 seater mounts but my understanding is that the passenger has no capabilitites.

How about the deluxe model for carrying whole raid groups. ^^

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Dondarrion.2748Dondarrion.2748 Member ✭✭✭

@tigirius.9014 said:
    Can we have at least 1 new mount for underwater? I know people in general poopoo the idea of underwater anything but I'd like to see at least 1 underwater mount because some of us do actually enjoy underwater.

Imagine Cantha and meeting the Luxons and you get turtle mounts! That can both move slowly on land, but fast underwater :D

Vàsher (Grd), Bondsmith Yharnam (Eng), Mistress Glaive (War), Hasla the Huntress (Rng), Seaguard Hala (Mes) + The Wintertalon warband
    Northerner @ Dragon Season (DS) | Winter's Talon Reborn (WT)
    Seafarer's Rest (SFR) since launch!

• Abakk.9176Abakk.9176 Member ✭✭✭

Yes, i like underwater content very much. It seems weird that there is so much potential already programmed into the game while at the same time it looks so underdeveloped and neglected. Same with the mounts. There is land, watersurface, air, blink... but no underwater.

So yeah, put me down for a :+1:

• jwaz.1908jwaz.1908 Member ✭✭✭

@tigirius.9014 said:

IMO an underwater mount would be a great addition for a deep sea dragon expansion! I would also love to see Lion's Arch flooded by a tidal wave and turned into a fully underwater city!

Henge of Denravi - Equinox Solstice [TIME]
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Jwaz

• bOTEB.1573bOTEB.1573 Member ✭✭✭✭

@tigirius.9014 said:
    I know people in general poopoo the idea of underwater anything...

What?
    No, sir!

Most people will love underwater content

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2765/would-you-like-to-see-underwater-content-in-the-next-ls-exp-and-why-if-they-rework-combat-system/p1

Wishlist:
    Everything that kills me should be nerfed
    Remove all time gates - I play more than some people yet I receive the same rewards per day/week (PvP/WvW tickets etc)
    ANET developments/events and everything else should be in a schedule with the time I play

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2017

Any new underwater content would be awesome!! :) ANet, hear our call, and grant our wish to become true! :yum: :innocent:

| Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

• A sea slug mount! And before you poo poo it, look them up. Something like a spanish dancer would be quite fun.

Just to add some examples here are some that might be useful just the underwater ones in this video should be considered as we have the skimmer for the surface already.

Thanks!

[url]

• sorry for being late to this discussion, only just noticed it and was going to do a new one lol :)
    Here is my idea............. I too would love to see a underwater mout (i thought to myself as the skyscale came out) perhaps a Dolphin, as we see them playfully swimming round the waters of Tyria, instead of riding it's back (cos that just won't work lol) gripping onto it's top fin, pressing the appropiate keybind just under/or deep under the sea/water and be able to dive/rise with the commander attached at speed to be able to get to the under water events quicker, and it's special skill send a protective bubble towards your allies which gives roughly , maybe 6 seconds of reduced damage. just an idea.............and think of all the skins the fashion wars players could have lol ;)
    as far as i know we have several land based mounts, 2 air based mounts (semi flying style) and 1 water based mount, personally i think it's about time anet gave us another and final mount as a water based one . (to be more equal).
    As i said just an idea take it or leave it like marmite lmao :)

• Tsumiju.3071Tsumiju.3071 Member ✭✭

@Paul Ella.2037 said:

@Zahld.4956 said:

Well, I got better...

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24, 2019

After watching Aquaman, yeah, I want a Seahorse!

• Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭

@tigirius.9014 said:

Seriously?

• I would love a seahorse styled underwater mount, myself.

• FANY.6524FANY.6524 Member ✭✭

I would personally love a seahorse mount. :D

• VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭

There are some beautiful underwater areas to explore throughout Tyria! :3 Underwater combat seems to work better on some classes than others and we need more breather skins, but I do like the open world underwater content and having a mount to ease movement and exploration underwater would be terrific! =)

• @BunjiKugashira.9754 said:
    Oh I would love underwater mounts. The amount of underwater mounts that I can think of right now would be enough to fill another expansion!

Dolphin: For jumping big distances out of the water. Necessary to reach the top of some sea-side cliffs.
    Turtle: For riding underwater currents. Kinda like underwater ley-lines.
    Jellyfish: It envelops you and protects you from venomous sea anemones. Necessary for some passages.
    Angler fish: Illuminates dark places and keeps whatever is out there to kill you in the dark at bay. And as we've learned from the underwater fractal and that one place in tangled depths, there definitely is something that wants to eat you in the dark.
    Shark: It has a charge that can break thin walls. Useful for looting pirate-ship-wreckage or clearing paths that are overgrown with corals.

Lurking in the depths there is a threat, unseen by anyone, waiting for its time to strike. Largos and Quaggan tell of giant horrors dragging anyone unfortunate enough into the darkness, never to be seen again. But the deadly silence is about to end. The surface is no longer safe as Lions Arch faces it's biggest post-Scarlet challenge. Prepare your diving gear, the next submarine is heading for the Depths of Steve (DoS).

I love all those ideas! I'd add a turtle mount that can work on land OR water (although on land they'd be slow and lumbering while in the water ... fast and agile like Crush from Finding Nemo). The currents under water could be the function equivalent to the rivers of Ley energy in the sky.

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

A leviathan Mount that lets you ride in its mouth like gw1 worms could be cool.

But if they introduce Cantha at some point I could also see them adding a dragon turtle mount that swims underwater and walks on land.

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

A turtle or a shark would be fitting, I think. Or maybe a jellyfish or...argh there are so many great ideas for an underwater mount. :D

I'm Hunter, he/him/they
    Check out my Tumblr for more GW2 content if you want: http://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/characters

• Tekoneiric.6817Tekoneiric.6817 Member ✭✭✭✭

@tigirius.9014 said:

Just give the skimmer dive capabilities. Of course a water propelling backpack would do as well.

• Phyrak.7260Phyrak.7260 Member ✭✭

I like the idea of a drake - they're amphibious in movement and we can get some rad dragon style skins for them

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.