Balance Changes Upcoming - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Balance Changes Upcoming

245678

Comments

  • Sublimatio.6981Sublimatio.6981 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2019

    Reaper 10% more dmg trait is nice, but the GS3 change is a nerf since you only use it above 50% hp of enemy.
    Life leech cannot crit, so I assume warhorn will fall out of use - if the new focus skill hits hard enough and has a short cast time (instead of 1 whole second).

    You need to boost damage of Well of Corruption in PvE to be on par with Well of Suffering. Currently in PvE, Reaper lacks a 2nd good burst skill - it's either small sustained dps boost by using the Shadow Fiend, or very small burst using Well of Corruption. Also Plaguelands could get more direct dmg to function as direct dmg burst skill for power builds - let's be honest, Lich Form is still unusable, and we still don't have an elite well.
    Other option could be reworking the shout "Suffer!" to be more devastating - in it's current form it's as weak as a sigil would be, doesn't feel like proper slotted skill. At least other shouts have better utility in return for weak dmg. I suggest making "Suffer!" inflict foes with a debuff for a period of time that ticks direct damage (so it can crit and scale unlike leech). - Think of Guardian focus skill, Ray of Judgment.

    Overall, the buffs will increase sustained dps of power Reaper, but it will still be crippled in content like Fractals, where the initial, short burst needs to be packed with most damage (Dragonhunter among other classes excels in it while offering sustained dps and party wide support mechanics).

    "clang clang shriiiiek clang!" -Belinda Delaqua
    When I join your LFG

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Xyonon.3987 said:

    Also great job on nerfing Druid a bit more (Empowerment) so other healers are about to have solid spots. Maybe give the others more abilities to stack might tho, for example HGH trait affecting 10 people would be amazing.

    Druid is already useless in every game mode not raids, the nerfs to the spec are also unjustified. It will probably be useless in every single game mode next patch.

    When you say this after also stating that Thief has been trash tier since forever you kinda lose any credibility

    Bite me.

  • Poobah.6254Poobah.6254 Member ✭✭

    Another balance patch another nerf to druid. Druid has been nerfed it seems every balance patch for the last, I don't know how long, and as a druid player and lover it's getting really really old. Does someone somewhere on the team/in the office really hate druids and their place in the meta?

    Yeah ok the standard pug meta is pretty stale but it's also comfortable and what people have been learning for years, and you guys did literally design Druid to be the class that did healing / buffing / utility back when HoT came out and some form of trinity stuff needed to be reintroduced. It's what the class was for, of course it should be good in that role. Like I'm sorry that the way book spread and party comps are tends to not allow firebrand or heal scourge or heal rev to shine in what has become the standard raid composition because people are much happier with symmetric groups but repeatedly beating the druid (and chrono, oh my poor chrono friends) with the nerf (and rework) bat isn't gonna change that unless you're willing to commit to fully destroying the identity of classes people have been enjoying for years.

  • Asum.4960Asum.4960 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2019

    "Right-Hand Strength: This trait no longer gives a flat critical-hit chance. Instead it gives an additional 80 precision, plus an additional 80 power while wielding a one-handed weapon."

    So we went from 15% crit chance to 3.8% on this Trait?

    "Havoc Mastery: This trait has been renamed Havoc Specialist, and it has been moved to the Master tier. This trait now grants 5% bonus damage for each bar of endurance that is not full."

    This is bad design imo, as it encourages DD's to be always completely out of Dodges to maximise their DPS.
    I get that it may sound like an interesting tradeoff in theory, but it has bad implications for actual gameplay.

    I'm glad Evasive Mirror got nerfed a bit, although I'm concerned about all these baseline stun and daze durations.

    Berserker changes look really interesting, looking forward to trying it out.

    Heal Rev might finally be worth running, with the FB on Quickbrand instead of support FB, if not running no heal anyway.

    New Druid Elite seems kind of nuts, would be interesting to know the duration of that.

    Really glad to see Necromancer Focus getting some love after all these years, maybe it's actually useable for the first time since launch now.
    Happy about the GS range increases, especially the pull, and the new Trait with another 10% modifier looks promising, although it might essentially delete the competing Traits, as they usually do. I would prefer those kinds of Traits to be phased out in favour of interesting Trait choices, but for now, Reaper really needs those modifiers, as everything else has them.

    "As you know, those who you once called friends have become enemies." ~Glint

  • Warscythes.9307Warscythes.9307 Member ✭✭✭

    Does the new soul eater heal while in shroud too? Or is it for out of shroud only?

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    these are awesome changes. makes me wanna play the game!

    Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

  • Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭
    • Unyielding Devotion: With this new trait, revenants gain 15% damage reduction for 2 seconds when they heal themselves and 5 seconds when they heal an ally.

    I hope this has an ICD

  • @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 you guys should add antitoxin rune to pvp next patch , it would be very balanced and usefull

  • Adam.9572Adam.9572 Member ✭✭

    Dungeon update when

  • Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vegeta.2563 said:

    • Unyielding Devotion: With this new trait, revenants gain 15% damage reduction for 2 seconds when they heal themselves and 5 seconds when they heal an ally.

    I hope this has an ICD

    I don't really think it's that powerful but it probably will. Revenant is pretty squishy even with heavy armor, 15% damage reduction periodically isn't going to make them able to face tank. It'll just make their support builds slightly more survivability. Selfless Amplification will probably be a more useful pick anyways.

    No longer playing the game due to PvP being abandon.

  • Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

    @Zexanima.7851 said:

    @Vegeta.2563 said:

    • Unyielding Devotion: With this new trait, revenants gain 15% damage reduction for 2 seconds when they heal themselves and 5 seconds when they heal an ally.

    I hope this has an ICD

    I don't really think it's that powerful but it probably will. Revenant is pretty squishy even with heavy armor, 15% damage reduction periodically isn't going to make them able to face tank. It'll just make their support builds slightly more survivability. Selfless Amplification will probably be a more useful pick anyways.

    I was more referring to the 5 seconds given to allies than the 2 seconds to rev itself.

  • Please reduce the casting time "Symbol of Faith" to 1/2 second and possibly grant condi clear and/or aegis. it is way too slow with a 1 second melee casting time and only grants regen.

    Also, please do NOT reduce "Shield of the Avenger" range to 900 from 1200. It's a clutch skill as it is, and reducing it to 900 would make it even more difficult to justify its use.

    thank you.

  • "Soul Eater: This trait has been reworked. It now increases the strike damage dealt to all foes within a range of 300 by 10%, and it causes the reaper to heal for 5% of the damage dealt to foes within that range. It no longer reduces greatsword-skill recharge by 20%."
    Wow! i cannot tell you how disgusted and disappointed I am at this massive nerf, and don't kid yourselves it is a huge nerf. GS is so bloody slow as it is that the removal of reduction is going to seriously limit the use of this in all areas of the game, more so in WvW and PvP.
    Unneeded, unnecessary, and totally unbalanced, so disgusted I need to walk away from these boards and this game for a while!

  • Arzurag.7506Arzurag.7506 Member ✭✭✭

    I rarely play pvp due it being a broken mess for a very long time so the impact in pvp couldn´t bother me less, though the pve-side in this balance-patch is quite interesting.
    First, the reaper-changes are awesome, finally adding healing through damage besides the healing through condi-damage. Trading decimate defenses for this trait is quite the huge change but I´ll wait how it plays out when it´s live.

    The mesmer-changes are also great, considering that the chronomancer(mesmer in general) no longer needs his clones to shatter in order to get boons like alacrity.
    This makes it much easier to play chronomancer in the open-world, where it happens quite often that clones do nothing and shatter without running towards the tageted enemy. Overall, a pretty neat QoL-change.

    Now over the last few weeks, I fell in love with condi-berserker and these changes make him pretty powerful, though I´m not that euphoric about them because it´s strong power-creep and in addition just strengthens his place as support in raids.

    In the end, we will have to wait how the changes affect the game when they´re live, I bet pvp becomes an even greater mess as it already is, if that´s even possible but for pve this patch is pretty neat.

    "I´m not big on sermons nor words, Broken bones teach better lessons and speak for themselves."

  • I already made a comment just for the steal change. Anet overthink the thief changes because they are, well not that good. Daredevil will be absolutly usless in pvp so we are losing third dodge and all the other benefits we had and losing them because steal will be usless. Maybe increase range to 900 because 600 is way to short. The engi flamethrower has 425 range and thats almost the same. Please do not make this change happend in this way.

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vlad Morbius.1759 said:
    "Soul Eater: This trait has been reworked. It now increases the strike damage dealt to all foes within a range of 300 by 10%, and it causes the reaper to heal for 5% of the damage dealt to foes within that range. It no longer reduces greatsword-skill recharge by 20%."
    Wow! i cannot tell you how disgusted and disappointed I am at this massive nerf, and don't kid yourselves it is a huge nerf. GS is so bloody slow as it is that the removal of reduction is going to seriously limit the use of this in all areas of the game, more so in WvW and PvP.
    Unneeded, unnecessary, and totally unbalanced, so disgusted I need to walk away from these boards and this game for a while!

    Decimate Defenses was always taken over it. I am actually intrigued by this buff and significant new modifier. Hopefully it will be able to bump up the poor reaper damage and more sustain is awesome, especially if it works in shroud. Greatsword recharges was irrelevant, and it doesnt matter for Gravedigger once sub 50%

  • Levetty.1279Levetty.1279 Member ✭✭✭

    Still no plans to use PvP values for Ranger's axe in PVE?

    Also if you are making Pets weaker for Druids can you revert the nerf on Iboga?

    Berserker sounds great, can't wait to try it out.

  • Sublimatio.6981Sublimatio.6981 Member ✭✭✭

    @Warscythes.9307 said:
    Does the new soul eater heal while in shroud too? Or is it for out of shroud only?

    you are immune to healing in shroud so it won't work. the only healing that works in shroud is unholy sanctuary and vampiric presence

    "clang clang shriiiiek clang!" -Belinda Delaqua
    When I join your LFG

  • Warscythes.9307Warscythes.9307 Member ✭✭✭

    @Sublimatio.6981 said:

    @Warscythes.9307 said:
    Does the new soul eater heal while in shroud too? Or is it for out of shroud only?

    you are immune to healing in shroud so it won't work. the only healing that works in shroud is unholy sanctuary and vampiric presence

    I know but is worth confirmation at least.

    Also leeching bolts work too pretty sure

  • Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Daredevil buffs

    Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

  • HeadCrowned.6834HeadCrowned.6834 Member ✭✭✭

    Nice that druid receives some changes. Allthough the CA cooldown is still too high. Besides, Wilderness survival remains mandatory if glyphs dont remove 2 condis (traited) as they used to do. Some glyphs need an extra functionality to get stability for example. Druid lacks stability hard.

  • Asum.4960Asum.4960 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vlad Morbius.1759 said:
    "Soul Eater: This trait has been reworked. It now increases the strike damage dealt to all foes within a range of 300 by 10%, and it causes the reaper to heal for 5% of the damage dealt to foes within that range. It no longer reduces greatsword-skill recharge by 20%."
    Wow! i cannot tell you how disgusted and disappointed I am at this massive nerf, and don't kid yourselves it is a huge nerf. GS is so bloody slow as it is that the removal of reduction is going to seriously limit the use of this in all areas of the game, more so in WvW and PvP.
    Unneeded, unnecessary, and totally unbalanced, so disgusted I need to walk away from these boards and this game for a while!

    It's a global 10% damage increase for Reaper (as I understand it), and all you lose for it is a few seconds recharge on Nightfall and Grasping Darkness (which you didn't take in most cases anyway over Decimate Defenses), and Grasping Darkness got a pretty major range increase.

    Not sure what you are complaining about here, or how this is a nerf, let alone a massive one.

    "As you know, those who you once called friends have become enemies." ~Glint

  • Razor.9872Razor.9872 Member ✭✭✭

    So long Glyph of Empowerment. We had some good times. I won't forget you :'(

    NSPride~

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Glad to see more PvP centric garbage changes dictating the direction of balance in this game.

    It wasn't enough that power herald and reaper are about 30%+ behind the top power DPS specs in PvE, but you needed to divert your attention to revamping power warrior and daredevil, two of the meta specs. Obviously for PvP reasons, since we've established you only do inane token changes for PvE.

    Then the poorly thought out nerfs to druid keep rolling in. It's not enough that renegade+firebrand completely outclass druid/chrono in PvE in healing, damage output, and boon provision, but you've felt it necessary to make the druid spec more like the healing elementalist specs (a pure healer with decreasing offensive utility) which is precisely what leaves healing elementalist specs irrelevant to begin with compared to support specs which boost the offensive performances of a group.

    It's too bad the structural changes going on at Anet didn't happen to class development, because you alone are to blame for the dwindling raid and instanced PvE scene given your atrocious balance gimmicks which don't address the NUMERICAL DISPARITIES that are so vast across specs and which you refuse to bridge for some reason, instead choosing to implement strange changes to niche traits as if they were some solution.

    Take the revenant changes. How in hell does 25 more energy help a power revenant compensate for their abysmal numbers? They already swap legends on cooldown and at best it's 3 seconds of extra impossible odds, which does absolutely nothing. POWER REVENANT ISSUES ARE ITS ABYSMAL SKILL NUMBERS, FIX THEM. Making the core spec have some worthless 5 unblockable attacks in PvE in shiro will change nothing; a 30% buff across the board to its skills in PvE only WILL. Same goes for reaper.

    But who am I kidding, it's always this PvP/WVW first, PvE later garbage design for the past 5+ years. No wonder people have flocked away from the game when you show them what formats truly capture the attention of your developers.

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Zenith, did you even look at the Soul Eater change? a 10% universal damage buff. and too many are staring themselves blind on dummy dps rankings. Few will be able to hit their absolute peak in raid conditions.

  • vesica tempestas.1563vesica tempestas.1563 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2019

    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 fancy adding a fix to woven strides that you guys broke with last patch so we can actually play pvp and try out these changes - or at least acknowledge to your customer base that you are aware of it with an eta!

    "Any path that narrows future possibilities may become a lethal trap. Humans do not thread their way through a maze; they scan a vast horizon filled with unique opportunities." - The Spacing Guild Handbook.

    Beware the meta!

  • Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2019

    Punishing sweep change is actually a nerf. Previous functionality was hard to use, but actually very strong when done properly.

    Also LOL Renegade is now officially worse than core Rev in PvP. Depending on the recharge of Arcane echo though which is unstated.

  • every 3 months after the same class blance patch

    we need something new

    • New Craft İtems Maybe Drop Dungeon Cm's
    • New Dungeon For New İtems
    • No Collection Farm Dungeon Tokens.
  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @lordalucard.8096 said:
    every 3 months after the same class blance patch

    we need something new

    • New Craft İtems Maybe Drop Dungeon Cm's
    • New Dungeon For New İtems
    • No Collection Farm Dungeon Tokens.

    Dungeons are long dead, best get used to it. Fractals is where it is at.

  • Blue.1207Blue.1207 Member ✭✭✭

    Zerker changes are by far the most interesting. Wonder how they'll perform in Zergs.

  • Auburner.6945Auburner.6945 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2019

    @vesica tempestas.1563 said:
    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 fancy adding a fix to woven strides that you guys broke with last patch so we can actually play pvp and try out these changes - or at least acknowledge to your customer base that you are aware of it with an eta!

    What changes, do any of these buffs mean something? Cleansing Water and Healing cone already have low healing, and both are used for cleansing condis or some LUL healing. Changes to air is nothing but a bell ringing of the 130 range on sword. Changes to earth are the only thig that matter, but only one change. Changes to fire are meh, piercing means nothing now, air was the go to for auto attacks and the range got nerfed. The only buff is Arcane Abatement, better healing, that's it.

    Pull the strings. Watch them dance.

  • @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @lordalucard.8096 said:
    every 3 months after the same class blance patch

    we need something new

    • New Craft İtems Maybe Drop Dungeon Cm's
    • New Dungeon For New İtems
    • No Collection Farm Dungeon Tokens.

    Dungeons are long dead, best get used to it. Fractals is where it is at.

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/51844/my-advice-for-game-content

    look this topic. I write to long ago...

  • crazyhusky.2985crazyhusky.2985 Member ✭✭✭

    Still no Dragonhunter buff or rework... despite mentioning HoT elites.
    It really needs it after 3 years of being forgetten about.

  • Sazukikrah.5036Sazukikrah.5036 Member ✭✭✭

    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 are you guys fixing the Cooldown time to link up with underwater Battle Standard too? Because right now Battle standard underwater still has 240 Cooldown. Also what about fixing Asura Animation with Axe when using warrior? The animations look wonky when you're running with Asura using auto attacks.

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2019

    @Elrond.9486 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    Glad to see more PvP centric garbage changes dictating the direction of balance in this game.

    It wasn't enough that power herald and reaper are about 30%+ behind the top power DPS specs in PvE, but you needed to divert your attention to revamping power warrior and daredevil, two of the meta specs. Obviously for PvP reasons, since we've established you only do inane token changes for PvE.

    Then the poorly thought out nerfs to druid keep rolling in. It's not enough that renegade+firebrand completely outclass druid/chrono in PvE in healing, damage output, and boon provision, but you've felt it necessary to make the druid spec more like the healing elementalist specs (a pure healer with decreasing offensive utility) which is precisely what leaves healing elementalist specs irrelevant to begin with compared to support specs which boost the offensive performances of a group.

    It's too bad the structural changes going on at Anet didn't happen to class development, because you alone are to blame for the dwindling raid and instanced PvE scene given your atrocious balance gimmicks which don't address the NUMERICAL DISPARITIES that are so vast across specs and which you refuse to bridge for some reason, instead choosing to implement strange changes to niche traits as if they were some solution.

    Take the revenant changes. How in hell does 25 more energy help a power revenant compensate for their abysmal numbers? They already swap legends on cooldown and at best it's 3 seconds of extra impossible odds, which does absolutely nothing. POWER REVENANT ISSUES ARE ITS ABYSMAL SKILL NUMBERS, FIX THEM. Making the core spec have some worthless 5 unblockable attacks in PvE in shiro will change nothing; a 30% buff across the board to its skills in PvE only WILL. Same goes for reaper.

    But who am I kidding, it's always this PvP/WVW first, PvE later garbage design for the past 5+ years. No wonder people have flocked away from the game when you show them what formats truly capture the attention of your developers.

    Is this satire? If this is a PvP centered balance patch, it is one of the most misdirected patches ever, this does absolute nothing about any of the obvious problems in PvP balance.

    Let's see, scepter nerfs on mesmer (because they were so good in PvE, NOT), ventari buffs (because it was struggling in PvE clearly, yes this is sarcasm), daredevil steal change for no reason whatsoever alongside those "offsets", a berzerker warrior revamp that wasn't even needed because condi zerker was a functional meta build in PvE.

    No significant PvE buff for power herald or reaper, because those specs get cried about in PvP. More druid nerfs, because the babies in WvW are complaining about druid roamers alongside soulbeasts. And a couple more mirage and chrono nerfs just for further pandering to the pvp crowd, as if raids needed any more daredevil/weaver stacking with the only competitive condi build besides mirage, renegade, nerfed in an earlier patch to make sure no condi spec competes with the top power specs because god forbid condi specs be good, since the pvp/wvw crybabies will flood the forums with their tears about losing duels or eating an epidemic.

    Hey, I main healer renegade, I guess I will abuse buffs to the best support class in PvE because Anet saw fit to blindly throw darts at the board when it comes to balance.

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zenith.7301 said:

    @Elrond.9486 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    Glad to see more PvP centric garbage changes dictating the direction of balance in this game.

    It wasn't enough that power herald and reaper are about 30%+ behind the top power DPS specs in PvE, but you needed to divert your attention to revamping power warrior and daredevil, two of the meta specs. Obviously for PvP reasons, since we've established you only do inane token changes for PvE.

    Then the poorly thought out nerfs to druid keep rolling in. It's not enough that renegade+firebrand completely outclass druid/chrono in PvE in healing, damage output, and boon provision, but you've felt it necessary to make the druid spec more like the healing elementalist specs (a pure healer with decreasing offensive utility) which is precisely what leaves healing elementalist specs irrelevant to begin with compared to support specs which boost the offensive performances of a group.

    It's too bad the structural changes going on at Anet didn't happen to class development, because you alone are to blame for the dwindling raid and instanced PvE scene given your atrocious balance gimmicks which don't address the NUMERICAL DISPARITIES that are so vast across specs and which you refuse to bridge for some reason, instead choosing to implement strange changes to niche traits as if they were some solution.

    Take the revenant changes. How in hell does 25 more energy help a power revenant compensate for their abysmal numbers? They already swap legends on cooldown and at best it's 3 seconds of extra impossible odds, which does absolutely nothing. POWER REVENANT ISSUES ARE ITS ABYSMAL SKILL NUMBERS, FIX THEM. Making the core spec have some worthless 5 unblockable attacks in PvE in shiro will change nothing; a 30% buff across the board to its skills in PvE only WILL. Same goes for reaper.

    But who am I kidding, it's always this PvP/WVW first, PvE later garbage design for the past 5+ years. No wonder people have flocked away from the game when you show them what formats truly capture the attention of your developers.

    Is this satire? If this is a PvP centered balance patch, it is one of the most misdirected patches ever, this does absolute nothing about any of the obvious problems in PvP balance.

    Let's see, scepter nerfs on mesmer (because they were so good in PvE, NOT), ventari buffs (because it was struggling in PvE clearly, yes this is sarcasm), daredevil steal change for no reason whatsoever alongside those "offsets", a berzerker warrior revamp that wasn't even needed because condi zerker was a functional meta build in PvE.

    No significant PvE buff for power herald or reaper, because those specs get cried about in PvP. More druid nerfs, because the babies in WvW are complaining about druid roamers alongside soulbeasts. And a couple more mirage and chrono nerfs just for further pandering to the pvp crowd, as if raids needed any more daredevil/weaver stacking with the only competitive condi build besides mirage, renegade, nerfed in an earlier patch to make sure no condi spec competes with the top power specs because god forbid condi specs be good, since the pvp/wvw crybabies will flood the forums with their tears about losing duels or eating an epidemic.

    Soul eater gives +10% damage universally, how isnt that a significant buff?

  • melandru.3876melandru.3876 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    Glad to see more PvP centric garbage changes dictating the direction of balance in this game.

    It wasn't enough that power herald and reaper are about 30%+ behind the top power DPS specs in PvE, but you needed to divert your attention to revamping power warrior and daredevil, two of the meta specs. Obviously for PvP reasons, since we've established you only do inane token changes for PvE.

    Then the poorly thought out nerfs to druid keep rolling in. It's not enough that renegade+firebrand completely outclass druid/chrono in PvE in healing, damage output, and boon provision, but you've felt it necessary to make the druid spec more like the healing elementalist specs (a pure healer with decreasing offensive utility) which is precisely what leaves healing elementalist specs irrelevant to begin with compared to support specs which boost the offensive performances of a group.

    It's too bad the structural changes going on at Anet didn't happen to class development, because you alone are to blame for the dwindling raid and instanced PvE scene given your atrocious balance gimmicks which don't address the NUMERICAL DISPARITIES that are so vast across specs and which you refuse to bridge for some reason, instead choosing to implement strange changes to niche traits as if they were some solution.

    Take the revenant changes. How in hell does 25 more energy help a power revenant compensate for their abysmal numbers? They already swap legends on cooldown and at best it's 3 seconds of extra impossible odds, which does absolutely nothing. POWER REVENANT ISSUES ARE ITS ABYSMAL SKILL NUMBERS, FIX THEM. Making the core spec have some worthless 5 unblockable attacks in PvE in shiro will change nothing; a 30% buff across the board to its skills in PvE only WILL. Same goes for reaper.

    But who am I kidding, it's always this PvP/WVW first, PvE later garbage design for the past 5+ years. No wonder people have flocked away from the game when you show them what formats truly capture the attention of your developers.

    power warrior (berserker) meta

    thanks for the laugh

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2019

    @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:

    @Elrond.9486 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    Glad to see more PvP centric garbage changes dictating the direction of balance in this game.

    It wasn't enough that power herald and reaper are about 30%+ behind the top power DPS specs in PvE, but you needed to divert your attention to revamping power warrior and daredevil, two of the meta specs. Obviously for PvP reasons, since we've established you only do inane token changes for PvE.

    Then the poorly thought out nerfs to druid keep rolling in. It's not enough that renegade+firebrand completely outclass druid/chrono in PvE in healing, damage output, and boon provision, but you've felt it necessary to make the druid spec more like the healing elementalist specs (a pure healer with decreasing offensive utility) which is precisely what leaves healing elementalist specs irrelevant to begin with compared to support specs which boost the offensive performances of a group.

    It's too bad the structural changes going on at Anet didn't happen to class development, because you alone are to blame for the dwindling raid and instanced PvE scene given your atrocious balance gimmicks which don't address the NUMERICAL DISPARITIES that are so vast across specs and which you refuse to bridge for some reason, instead choosing to implement strange changes to niche traits as if they were some solution.

    Take the revenant changes. How in hell does 25 more energy help a power revenant compensate for their abysmal numbers? They already swap legends on cooldown and at best it's 3 seconds of extra impossible odds, which does absolutely nothing. POWER REVENANT ISSUES ARE ITS ABYSMAL SKILL NUMBERS, FIX THEM. Making the core spec have some worthless 5 unblockable attacks in PvE in shiro will change nothing; a 30% buff across the board to its skills in PvE only WILL. Same goes for reaper.

    But who am I kidding, it's always this PvP/WVW first, PvE later garbage design for the past 5+ years. No wonder people have flocked away from the game when you show them what formats truly capture the attention of your developers.

    Is this satire? If this is a PvP centered balance patch, it is one of the most misdirected patches ever, this does absolute nothing about any of the obvious problems in PvP balance.

    Let's see, scepter nerfs on mesmer (because they were so good in PvE, NOT), ventari buffs (because it was struggling in PvE clearly, yes this is sarcasm), daredevil steal change for no reason whatsoever alongside those "offsets", a berzerker warrior revamp that wasn't even needed because condi zerker was a functional meta build in PvE.

    No significant PvE buff for power herald or reaper, because those specs get cried about in PvP. More druid nerfs, because the babies in WvW are complaining about druid roamers alongside soulbeasts. And a couple more mirage and chrono nerfs just for further pandering to the pvp crowd, as if raids needed any more daredevil/weaver stacking with the only competitive condi build besides mirage, renegade, nerfed in an earlier patch to make sure no condi spec competes with the top power specs because god forbid condi specs be good, since the pvp/wvw crybabies will flood the forums with their tears about losing duels or eating an epidemic.

    Soul eater gives +10% damage universally, how isnt that a significant buff?

    Because it competes with Decimate Defenses, compare decimate defenses to right-hand strength trait for guardians. It's a considerable loss to crit rate in exchange for a modifier, so you don't truly gain a 10% buff. And power reaper needed significantly more than a 10% buff, especially after the changes to soul reaping.

    @melandru.3876 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    Glad to see more PvP centric garbage changes dictating the direction of balance in this game.

    It wasn't enough that power herald and reaper are about 30%+ behind the top power DPS specs in PvE, but you needed to divert your attention to revamping power warrior and daredevil, two of the meta specs. Obviously for PvP reasons, since we've established you only do inane token changes for PvE.

    Then the poorly thought out nerfs to druid keep rolling in. It's not enough that renegade+firebrand completely outclass druid/chrono in PvE in healing, damage output, and boon provision, but you've felt it necessary to make the druid spec more like the healing elementalist specs (a pure healer with decreasing offensive utility) which is precisely what leaves healing elementalist specs irrelevant to begin with compared to support specs which boost the offensive performances of a group.

    It's too bad the structural changes going on at Anet didn't happen to class development, because you alone are to blame for the dwindling raid and instanced PvE scene given your atrocious balance gimmicks which don't address the NUMERICAL DISPARITIES that are so vast across specs and which you refuse to bridge for some reason, instead choosing to implement strange changes to niche traits as if they were some solution.

    Take the revenant changes. How in hell does 25 more energy help a power revenant compensate for their abysmal numbers? They already swap legends on cooldown and at best it's 3 seconds of extra impossible odds, which does absolutely nothing. POWER REVENANT ISSUES ARE ITS ABYSMAL SKILL NUMBERS, FIX THEM. Making the core spec have some worthless 5 unblockable attacks in PvE in shiro will change nothing; a 30% buff across the board to its skills in PvE only WILL. Same goes for reaper.

    But who am I kidding, it's always this PvP/WVW first, PvE later garbage design for the past 5+ years. No wonder people have flocked away from the game when you show them what formats truly capture the attention of your developers.

    power warrior (berserker) meta

    thanks for the laugh

    Reading is hard. Condi zerker. Sorry you don't get one elite spec that's good at everything on top of bringing irreplaceable banners and empower allies. You'll find if you come down to the realm of mortals where revenants and necromancers sit, you might find that you don't get to be a meta buffing spec and a top competitive dps spec in the same elite spec.

    You can get your competitive dps spec when your banners get the same treatment druids and chronomancers have been getting.

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.