Upcoming changes to Ranger — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Upcoming changes to Ranger

Dragana.1497Dragana.1497 Member ✭✭✭
edited April 19, 2019 in Ranger

Ranger

With this update, druids, who gain a new mode and access to additional abilities by slotting the specialization, get the trade-off of their pet becoming a bit weaker than a core ranger's pet, as their focus on celestial magics means less time strengthening the bond with their pets. At the same time, druid glyphs have been reviewed and brought in line with design standards. Glyph of Empowerment has been replaced by the former druid elite skill, Glyph of Unity, as Glyph of Empowerment was deemed too passive. Glyph of Unity's radius has been reduced to a standard radius (a multiple of 60), and its duration has increased. Finally, we've introduced a new elite skill, Glyph of the Stars, which you can read about in its note below.

• Nature's Renewal: Added an additional ring visual effect to indicate the range of the toggle skill.
  • Druid: The base attributes of pets have been reduced by 20%.
  • Glyph of Unity: Reduced the radius of this skill from 400 to 360, and increased its duration from 6 seconds to 8 seconds. This skill is no longer an elite skill, and it replaces Glyph of Empowerment.
  • Glyph of Rejuvenation: Increased the healing multiplier across both versions of this skill by 40%. In celestial avatar form, the base healing to the druid and their pet has been increased by 50%. Outside of celestial avatar form, the base healing to allies has been increased by 50%.
  • Glyph of Alignment: Outside of celestial avatar form, this skill no longer inflicts 5 seconds of cripple or 2 stacks of poison for 8 seconds. Instead, it now inflicts 1.5 seconds of immobilization and 3 stacks of bleeding for 8 seconds.
  • Glyph of Empowerment: This skill has been replaced by Glyph of Unity.
  • Glyph of the Stars: This new elite skill heals, prevents allies from being inflicted with conditions, and removes conditions already on allies at range. In celestial avatar form, it heals, prevents downed allies from losing health while being revived, and grants boons at range.
  • Pack Alpha: This trait now grants its attribute bonus to condition damage in addition to the attributes it previously affected.
  • Poison Master: This trait no longer grants poison on the next attack when swapping pets. It now grants this effect upon the use of a beast skill.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/74076/balance-changes-upcoming

"I'm not quite what I thought I was but then again I'm maybe more"

Comments

• Lydia.7913Lydia.7913 Member ✭✭
    edited April 19, 2019

Well, I enjoyed using my Druid condi build in PvP that used literally no glyphs, or really any Druid mechanics at all outside of traits... looks like it's finally taken a hit.

• GoE being gone hurts PvE Druid a bit, especially when FB/Rev is strong but oh well because that change helps the PvP side.

The new glyph of stars looks like it has real promise for both WvW and PvP. Condition immunity for your team that cannot be stripped (it's not resistance?) sounds amazing. Hopefully a decent CD/duration.

What I'm super curious about is poison master because it has no real ICD at the moment. With the new function, does lacerating slash from an eagle or hawk give you a 6 (or 4.8) second CD on poison master? GftE has a 12 second ICD on blind but wilting strike doesn't have an ICD on weakness so there is precedent for both. If there is no ICD or a low ICD, this buffs condition ranger/druid a lot! The cost is of course no condition clear from WS on the PvP/WvW side. However, with glyphs being buffed, maybe it'll work out for a poison master/glyph druid.

• Levetty.1279Levetty.1279 Member ✭✭✭

Still no axe unsplitting?

Anyway I agree that the Pet nerfs for Druid doesn't seem necessary since the trade off is that Druid has no traits to buff Pet or Ranger damage. If they used this as a reason to revert the nerfs on Iboga, I'd be all for it.

• Euthymias.7984Euthymias.7984 Member ✭✭✭

The druid changes are really interesting, but I was also hoping for a Rework for Staff......

• I wouldn't feel bothered by pet nerf if they actually reworked Druid first instead of solely focusing on the need to justify a trade-off with pet nerf.

Even if Iboga nerf gets reverted, Druid will still fall behind Soulbeast and standard ranger just because they have a 20% nerf on their Iboga compared to the other two playstyles

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

Glyph of Stars sounds awesome, but Glyph of Unity is still going to be trash.
    At this point, I wouldn't mind if they just delete spirits so Druids can actually be thoroughly balanced as a legitimate support spec (in PvP/WvW). I can't help but see it as more than a troll spec with little actual group value in comparison to other supports.

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@LughLongArm.5460 said:
    WoW, I don't know if to laugh or to cry. Additional nerf to druid offensive capabilities and pet Survivability under the excuse of "trade off", are they serious? The trade off is having a trait-line with minors that mostly amplify ally support, this is not enough? What is soulbeast trade-off? He can function like a regular ranger and only while in beastmode loses pet for new set of skills. Why we don't get the 20% nerf only when druid use CA? It also hurts the pet defensive stats. Unlike soulbeast where pet death is a non-existed mechanic, for druid this is a major nerf, so stupid. Soulbeast actually just got buffed, free condi damage if they go BM and now soulbeast can use poison master while in beastmode, nice.

well it's only a matter of time until they cut out soulbeasts second pet, so i wouldn't get too attached to the no down side thing.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. This is what I am expecting as well.

• Revolution.5409Revolution.5409 Member ✭✭✭

They could change glyph of unity and add stability to the skill.

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2019

It depends on the changes to poison master and the new elite.
    IMO The nerfs to the pets won't be really noticeable, 20% Of nothing is still nothing. The flat buff from might and fury will still be unaffected and its there from where the pets get their damage.
    I dont think it will change anything for the druid in wvw unless the new elite is busted.

• Durzlla.6295Durzlla.6295 Member ✭✭✭✭

@anduriell.6280 said:
    IMO The nerfs to the pets won't be really noticeable, 20% Of nothing is still nothing. The flat buff from might and fury will still be unaffected and its there from where the pets get their damage.
    I dont think it will change anything for the druid in wvw unless the new elite is busted.

This is pretty much my thoughts on it 20% is going to lower damage potential, but other than that it's not going to be a huge deal, might force druids into using more utility/CC oriented pets instead of the squishy damage ones in PvP and that, but that's not exactly an issue.

I really want to see what this new elite is going to give though before i pass final judgement, I am VERY excited to be able to use glyph of unity without it taking up my elite slot though, very nice skill for killing people in team fights.

"But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:

This is pretty much my thoughts on it 20% is going to lower damage potential, but other than that it's not going to be a huge deal, might force druids into using more utility/CC oriented pets instead of the squishy damage ones in PvP and that, but that's not exactly an issue.

I really want to see what this new elite is going to give though before i pass final judgement, I am VERY excited to be able to use glyph of unity without it taking up my elite slot though, very nice skill for killing people in team fights.

Unity is low tier trash, you "transfer" a very low damage for each power hit. I don't remember the skill triggering for condition ticks. You end up in "negative" damage transfer, the skill has a multiplier of 0.55. You make make some use of Alignment thou as troll meme.

Stars is a very binary skill by design and it will impact 1v1 more than squad comps , or it becomes the most busted skill in the game or it becomes completely useless and irrelevant. If its minimally usefull it will make the druid practically immortal in roaming.

• @Durzlla.6295 said:

You pretty much mentioned the "big deal" as to why pet nerf on Druid is bad. They are forced to use smaller pet groups whereas core rangers have free range as to what they can use. Soulbeasts have a good reason behind using specific pets since it affects the mechanic itself whereas Druid literally has next to no reason as to why it should be limited with its choices of pets. And even if Soulbeast is limited to the choice of pets due to Beast Mode, some Soulbeast players play without using Beast mode since skills from Soulbeast Spec alone is more than enough to make Soulbeast viable without Beast Mode.

• UmbraNoctis.1907UmbraNoctis.1907 Member ✭✭✭

All ranger specs have access to the same pets, there are no druid specific limitations. "Balance" changes still don't make sense at all, but at this point there is nothing else to be expected.

• ChronoPinoyX.7923ChronoPinoyX.7923 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2019

@UmbraNoctis.1907 said:
    All ranger specs have access to the same pets, there are no druid specific limitations. "Balance" changes still don't make sense at all, but at this point there is nothing else to be expected.

Never said there was limitations on the actual Druid itself, I'm saying due to nerf, some pets pretty much become less viable for Druids so there's less choices for viable pets whereas Soulbeast and core ranger won't have that issue depending on how heavily felt this 20% decrease is

edited April 21, 2019

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:

Unity is low tier trash, you "transfer" a very low damage for each power hit. I don't remember the skill triggering for condition ticks. You end up in "negative" damage transfer, the skill has a multiplier of 0.55. You make make some use of Alignment thou as troll meme.

Stars is a very binary skill by design and it will impact 1v1 more than squad comps , or it becomes the most busted skill in the game or it becomes completely useless and irrelevant. If its minimally usefull it will make the druid practically immortal in roaming.

I normally used Unity when mirage was literally everywhere (like 3 per match level everywhere) because every time a clone hits you for 0-4 damage it would proc the damage to anyone tethered to you, it’s pretty much just stronger retaliation that only hits people shackled to you, and doubles as a minor heal buff too, not fantastic and I definitely wouldn’t auto include it, but certainly useful when it’s abusable.

@ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:

You pretty much mentioned the "big deal" as to why pet nerf on Druid is bad. They are forced to use smaller pet groups whereas core rangers have free range as to what they can use. Soulbeasts have a good reason behind using specific pets since it affects the mechanic itself whereas Druid literally has next to no reason as to why it should be limited with its choices of pets. And even if Soulbeast is limited to the choice of pets due to Beast Mode, some Soulbeast players play without using Beast mode since skills from Soulbeast Spec alone is more than enough to make Soulbeast viable without Beast Mode.

The reason it should be limited in the scope of pet is the same reason people have cried about since HoT came out, druid taking a pure damage pet (like bristleback) pretty much sidesteps the main flaw of Druid being extremely low damage.

With all the healing and might stacking we have I doubt it’s going to prevent Druid from using squishy damage pets in small scale fights, but in team fights I don’t see it going well. I think Druid will be fine overall though.

@jcbroe.4329 sums up the issues I have with the nerf, it’s coming not because Druid is doing too well, but because Druid doesn’t have s trade off. I think it’s 100% fine to have a trade off for Druid, I just wish it would’ve came with a buff to staff and some CA nerf reverts to compensate.

"But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why does druid needs to get a trade off?
    They already sacrifice dmg by taking this spec due to the lack of dmg in the line and emphasize on healing.

I predict: Soulbeast will lose petswap.
    Otherwise the whole tradeoff shnizzle is a joke.
    Not that I hate petswap on soulbeast or that uw ant to see the spec nerfed, it's just more logical than bashing a dead spec.

• @Durzlla.6295 said:
    The reason it should be limited in the scope of pet is the same reason people have cried about since HoT came out, druid taking a pure damage pet (like bristleback) pretty much sidesteps the main flaw of Druid being extremely low damage.

With all the healing and might stacking we have I doubt it’s going to prevent Druid from using squishy damage pets in small scale fights, but in team fights I don’t see it going well. I think Druid will be fine overall though.

You'd have a point if the pet nerf for Druid occurred around the time of HoT release but as of current, that's not the case. There's been a lot of changes to this game to consider, especially with the power creep. It puts Druid behind other specs when it comes to plays outside of support since other Elite Specs that can be built for support don't have as much an issue as that of Druid when it comes to working around damage potential.

But as I said on the main thread itself, whether this makes Druid pets selection get reduced for the sake of making up for damage is going to depend on how heavily that pet nerf is felt. I do agree the nerf can be mitigated by healing and Might stack but at the same time, I'm taking into consideration how ANet will implement the nerf.

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2019

@jcbroe.4329 said:
    For PvP and WvW:
    Was Firebrand nerfed? No.
    Was Scrapper nerfed? No.
    Was Tempest nerfed? No.
    Was Herald/Renegade nerfed? No.
    Was tanky sidenode monkey build A-Z nerfed? No.
    Was CF cooldown reverted or compensated for? No.
    Was stability or viable support outside of CF provided? No.
    Was Druid nerfed? Yes.

For PvE:
    Was Druid nerfed? Yes.
    Was anything else? No.
    Was the thing that makes Druid so highly desired in PvE content nerfed? No.

So yeah, I don't know what the point of this patch was supposed to be. It's nerfing a relatively unused class outside of PvE raids just to nerf it.

I mean, I've come to not expect much competence from the balance devs over the years but wow, at least TRY to do better.

JCbroe is entirely correct.

I noted the same thing in the recent WvW-themed thread. The issue with these changes is that they suggest that the balance team have no idea of where to take the Druid spec in various game modes. Most of the changes make absolutely no sense and the motivation given is completely nonsensical. I don't mind the pet nerf all too much myself (even if I can see where people are comming from when taking exception to it, because it too is not very well motivated) however replacing one glyph with another and citing "it was deemed too passive" is just ridiculous when they are replacing it with another glyph using the same mechanics. It is just worse and has less of a role.

Empowerment is the only glyph that isn't complete garbage. The other glyphs basically see no use for obvious reasons (they do things other abilities already do, only worse so there's hardly ever a reason to push those buttons). Stars looks more like an elite skill on paper but what exactly would you use it for? Where would you use it? It's not like it will magically make anything else the Druid does coveted in a scenario with overwhelming conditions. Again, it has no role, it makes no sense.

Instead they are just shaking up whatever roles the spec had with no appearant reason or goal. If the continued popularity in raids is the reason they could have adressed frost spirit instead of empowerment (and grace). In fact, as far as the mechanics go, it makes far more sense to swap the kind of things glyphs and spirits do as glyphs snappy nature caters more to quick offensive support and spirits bumbling nature suits slow defensive support. That may not fit into how they envision the Druid spec, however, if they now envision the spec as more of a healer again they have done a full 180 on that because they have absolutely slaughtered its comparative healing over the past few years. As a healer it is miles behind the other classes now and most of us have resigned to regard it as more of an offensive utility and support hybrid. Which they are now going after with the hack saw - first slashing access to those rare buffs by 50% and then by another 66%, leaving virtually nothing left.

• Eleazar.9478Eleazar.9478 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2019

Jeez could they at least revert the nerfs then, theyve made druid painfull to play. I miss my old hot shout druid. well theyve deff made beastmaster a required pick now for druid.

• Pirindolo.9427Pirindolo.9427 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2019

Trade-off is just a funny expression for the third time in a row druid nerf. What they want is forcing people to demand other healing/support classes, specially in fractals.

• Lazze.9870Lazze.9870 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2019

@LughLongArm.5460 said:
    DH for example, replaces virtues with new skills, so we have a "trade-off"? OFC not, the DH new skills also include the old virtues powers with additional effects. So where is the trade-off?

People seem to argue that their "function being different" and the longer cooldown is enough of a "trade off", or "fundamental change" to core mechanics to leave it as is.

Which is obviously a load of kitten.

• aymnad.9023aymnad.9023 Member ✭✭
    edited April 22, 2019

Nature's Renewal : Ok. I wonder how it will be shown.
    Glyph of Empowerment/ Glyph of Unity : I rarely used Empowerment but am sad to see this buff go away. However with the other changes it might be a good decision. They probably removed it in favor of Glyph of Unity because people mostly use the frost/sun spirit (also this comes after the spirits Rework which allowed to move them). I really hope this will give more space for Unity now that it is no more an elite.
    Glyph of Rejuvenation : A welcome buff. It was always tearing me apart to be either useless for allies or for me.
    Glyph of Alignment: I do not have any opinion on this. The current and the future one are both good in different ways.
    Glyph of the Stars: Wow I like it ! I do not know the durations, cd and all, but it has everything the druid lacked compare to a firebrand (especially in pvp). Dispell, boons, condition resistance !
    Pack Alpha: Good
    Poison Master: Sounds great. Some pets will be more usefull than others, there might be an icd but it is nice. (I hope it works for soulbeast skills)
    Druid pet : Kept it last because I do not have anything to add to other comments (but yes I do not get why 20% [sound huge] too).

Overall it seems good and I really want to test some changes.

• Omnicron.2467Omnicron.2467 Member ✭✭✭

With all these nerfs I think I might just run Soulbeast with Frost Spirit and leave the healing to specs that are better at it anyway, I am pretty sure you can max might without a druid between a chrono and a warrior

• Euthymias.7984Euthymias.7984 Member ✭✭✭

With all the talk of tradeoffs and such, I guess I'll just copy what I said in the other thread here about a possibility for (core) Rangers:

In a way, I'd like to see something like a customization option to turn (or buff) the pets into different Archetypes like their GW1 counterpart (Dire/Elder/Hearty) with a new command thats usable out of combat to give them a noticeable stat increase while being Core.
    "Elder" is the default state of a Ranger's pet as they are now. Dire could increase their overall damage and attack rate/movement speed while giving them a slight defense reduction. Hearty could make them more durable at the cost of less damage (as particularly in PvP/WvW, the common complaint was about how fast they die to just random cleave/AoE). Naturally, Soulbeast/Druid would be defaulted to "Elder" (or just make Druid stuck with Hearty instead of cutting everything down by 20%.....) and not have any ability to change from that archetype like Core could.
    Its just an idea, but I think it would be pretty cool.

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

All I can think of is the fact I stopped farming gear for my druid in favour of a potential new leggie. Just as well, really.

• EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@jcbroe.4329 said:
    For PvP and WvW:
    Was Scrapper nerfed? No.
    Was Tempest nerfed? No.
    Was Druid nerfed? Yes.

For PvE:
    Was Druid nerfed? Yes.
    Was anything else? No.

So yeah, I don't know what the point of this patch was supposed to be. It's nerfing a relatively unused class outside of PvE raids just to nerf it.

I mean, I've come to not expect much competence from the balance devs over the years but wow, at least TRY to do better.

From a PvP side of things (since I rarely pve)

I've come to expect the dev team to make changes to things that no one cares about.
    People that love rangers feel meh about changes. People that hate rangers are so unaffected they don't even notice anything changed.

Who wanted spirit changes? That didn't help Rangers in PvP

Now they nerfed druid pets? Why? Lore?
    They added one strong utility. Great...will the druid be competitive in PvP now?
    Druid will only get focused even more.

mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

• Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said:
    GoE being gone hurts PvE Druid a bit, especially when FB/Rev is strong but oh well because that change helps the PvP side.

The new glyph of stars looks like it has real promise for both WvW and PvP. Condition immunity for your team that cannot be stripped (it's not resistance?) sounds amazing. Hopefully a decent CD/duration.

Well. In advance I'll say that I'm not a ranger main. But I don't think this is condition immunity:

"Glyph of the Stars: This new elite skill heals, prevents allies from being inflicted with conditions, and removes conditions already on allies at range. In celestial avatar form, it heals, prevents downed allies from losing health while being revived, and grants boons at range."

Unless the glyph removes all conditions you can still take condition damage, it just prevents new conditions from being applied.
    The celestial avatar form sounds a bit overpowered though. Prevents health-loss of downed allies and revives them??? Or does it just prevent them from loosing health while you press f in them? But reviving, healing, preventing health loss and granting boons. This has to be either only 3 targets or a very very long cooldown. And/or a very long casttime if I compare its effects to a warrior standard

What I'm super curious about is poison master because it has no real ICD at the moment. With the new function, does lacerating slash from an eagle or hawk give you a 6 (or 4.8) second CD on poison master? GftE has a 12 second ICD on blind but wilting strike doesn't have an ICD on weakness so there is precedent for both. If there is no ICD or a low ICD, this buffs condition ranger/druid a lot! The cost is of course no condition clear from WS on the PvP/WvW side. However, with glyphs being buffed, maybe it'll work out for a poison master/glyph druid.

• Miellyn.6847Miellyn.6847 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2019

@jcbroe.4329 said:

This line is actually not quite correct. GoE was the last thing druids had going for them in PvE.
    Spirits can be brought by any ranger.
    Most builds don't require spotter anymore.
    Might is one of the easiest boons to come by.
    Healing is really bad.

Druids are dead in fractals and only have a real purpose in raids as a rezz bot with Nature spirit which isn't need it many groups.
    WvW was never alive for druids as a supporter and they are pretty bad in PvP too since quite some time.
    Let's hope Glyph of Stars is actually decent.

The pet nerf is actually fine. They just need to revert most nerfs of the last 3 years and get all pet skills (not Soulbeast, only the pet themselves) low base damage and good power scaling. That should work against complains in PvP.

But we are at a point where druid needs a rework like salvation gets this patch.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

This skill is a binary design: Or it is very good or it is trash. Itf it has decent Cd/duration ratio the skill how is being design it will be a game changer for WvW. For anyother game mode it will be completely unused because there is no point.

For the wording of the description my guess is :

• in normal mode cleanses the conditions and apply a buff so no new conditions can be applied.
    • in avatar mode: it heals downed allies and those allies can not be cleaved.

Oversight wich the System team at Anet should have kept in mind.

• Removing the poison from the skill for an 1.5s immob i don't think it was a good change. The skill used to apply poison, cripple and weakness, Now it does only immob and bleeds, which in my opinion has made the glyph even worst.
    • Druid get the weaker pet. Why is not the staff buffed in damage? We strenghed our magical magic so our staff should be stronger. Like at least a 20% buff in all damage/durations.
  • Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

This is the second round of nerfs for the Druid in a row. Not going to go into it because I am too bitter.
    Map chat typically is overwhelmed with complaints about the druid over performing... < /sarcasm>
    Horrible just horrible....

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Miellyn.6847 said:

This skill is a binary design: Or it is very good or it is trash. Itf it has decent Cd/duration ratio the skill how is being design it will be a game changer for WvW. For anyother game mode it will be completely unused because there is no point.

For the wording of the description my guess is :

• in normal mode cleanses the conditions and apply a buff so no new conditions can be applied.
    • in avatar mode: it heals downed allies and those allies can not be cleaved.

Oversight wich the System team at Anet should have kept in mind.

• Removing the poison from the skill for an 1.5s immob i don't think it was a good change. The skill used to apply poison, cripple and weakness, Now it does only immob and bleeds, which in my opinion has made the glyph even worst.
    • Druid get the weaker pet. Why is not the staff buffed in damage? We strenghed our magical magic so our staff should be stronger. Like at least a 20% buff in all damage/durations.

It sounds like the Glyph of stars heals everyone not just downed people, and I can see it being extremely good in PvP too depending on the numbers.

As for the two other points.

1) based on what they said it only change poison —> bleed for.... reasons? And cripple —-> immob which I’m actually happy about. It sounds like weakness is staying, and if that’s the case I think it’ll be a very good and versatile Glyph skill, especially since the CA version is a heal + Condi clear.

2) im hoping that they’re going to look and see how Druid fares after this change and then begin rolling back some of the nerfs that were caused from Druids having tons of support AND damage due to the pet. But then again I’m optimistic.

• EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LughLongArm.5460 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@jcbroe.4329 said:
    For PvP and WvW:
    Was Scrapper nerfed? No.
    Was Tempest nerfed? No.
    Was Druid nerfed? Yes.

For PvE:
    Was Druid nerfed? Yes.
    Was anything else? No.

From a PvP side of things (since I rarely pve)

I've come to expect the dev team to make changes to things that no one cares about.
    People that love rangers feel meh about changes. People that hate rangers are so unaffected they don't even notice anything changed.

Who wanted spirit changes? That didn't help Rangers in PvP

Now they nerfed druid pets? Why? Lore?
    They added one strong utility. Great...will the druid be competitive in PvP now?
    Druid will only get focused even more.

Even if the new elite will be strong it probably will not benefit druid in many areas of the game. You pay a great toll for having a strong utility that benefit all allies(will it even work on the druid itself?). Expect very high CD(encouraging you to take VE) and short duration(up to 6 sec), so even if you could do a clutch maneuver in PvP team-fights, it probably will not add much to druid survivability. The fact that we now have 2 elites with direct interaction to downstate, is just a big sign declaring "spirit re-work was a complete failure". I just hate A.net method of putting something into the game without community testing or feedback and without any future followup after the changes go live. In their mind they fixed spirit now they fixed druid, Next....

Sometimes they get it right...some times.

But lately it feels like they think the best way to make a race car faster, is by painting it red and tinting the windows.
    They don't even ask the driver. They just come along with , "Hey we have these AMAZING changes we KNOW you are going to love!"

Driver be like, "Uh, did you make changes to the tires like I mentioned to you? Did you look at that suspension issue I had last week? Did you even look at the motor?"
    --and they give no reply.

mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.