This is why I left this game and it looks like my tenure away will be extended again.
Don't get me wrong some things are changed for the better.
But then reading the concurrent nerfs along with it makes me scratch my head, and then re-realize that this team has no actual plan to improve the class they nerfed for a year with no actual compensation or redaction.
@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
Mesmer traits that influence shatter skills typically affect all shatter skills, which has caused a lot of design bloat over the years. In this update, we're moving to change some of these traits to affect specific shatter skills in a stronger way, in order to both cut down on this bloat and to make the individual trait selections more meaningful. Other traits, such as Flow of Time and Seize the Moment, have had their boons changed from multiple stacks to a single stack in order to make it less likely that rapid shattering will cause the mesmer to run over the stack cap. Finally, Mass Invisibility has fallen behind other mesmer elite skills—as well as other sources of stealth over the years—so we're giving it a boost to help it compete.
- Magic Bullet: Stun duration for this skill has been increased from 2 seconds to 2.5 seconds.
- Counter Blade: Daze duration for this ability has been increased from 1 second to 2 seconds.
- Illusionary Counter: This skill now uses an 8-second cooldown in all game modes.
- Confusing Images: The physical damage of this skill has been split and reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.
- Signet of Illusions: This skill's recharge now begins at the same time shatter skills are recharged.
- Mantra of Distraction: Daze time for this skill has been increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds.
- Confounding Suggestions: This trait no longer increases daze and stun durations. Instead, Diversion stuns foes for 1.5 seconds and no longer dazes foes.
- Blinding Dissipation: This trait no longer blinds foes on the activation of each shatter skill. It will now cause Cry of Frustration to blind every target it strikes. Blindness duration is split between game modes, lasting 1.5 seconds in WvW and PvP and 3 seconds in PvE.
- Dazzling: This trait now applies vulnerability when stunning a foe, in addition to when dazing them.
- Flow of Time: This trait now grants the full alacrity amount as soon as it is activated instead of waiting for illusions to shatter.
- Seize the Moment: This trait now grants the full quickness amount as soon as it is activated instead of waiting for illusions to shatter.
- Master of Manipulation: Instead of granting the mirror effect, this trait now grants superspeed for 3 seconds. This superspeed is also applied to allies affected by your manipulation skills.
- Mass Invisibility: Reduced the casting time of the land version of this skill to match the underwater version. Increased the base stealth duration from 5 seconds to 6 seconds. Reduced the recharge from 90 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Evasive Mirror: Increased this trait's cooldown from 1.5 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.
Tingle my stingleberry