Important note about Blunderbuss change

Swagg.9236

• Blunderbuss: Rather than inflicting between 1 and 4 stacks of bleeding for 7 seconds based on range, this skill now inflicts 3 stacks of bleeding with a duration of between 3 and 9 seconds based on range. This skill has been reworked to scale damage dynamically based on distance rather than at various tiers so that closer is always better, not just when the engineer crosses a particular range threshold. The range of this skill has been increased from 700 to 900.

This mechanic could save this game's PvP (as well as make fighting generally a lot more interesting in all modes). I didn't think that GW2's engine could support anything this fluid when it comes to risk-reward on damage calculation based on position to a target, but ultimately this is the sort of thing that drives the gameplay around successful arena-shooters: close-range damage is better, and being in close means being at risk. This damage calculation paradigm prevents auto-targeted attacks from oppressing open-ground engagements with extremely long-range damage. I know that most people who play GW2 think in terms of flavor rather than game design, but from a game design standpoint, taking lethal damage away from a lot of maximum range attacks would most likely create a lot more engagements based on earning good positioning and keeping it rather than certain classes simply forcing others into hiding at certain ranges. Obviously, the biggest issue still lies in instantaneous ranged damage (mesmer spikes, teleports which allow attack chaining, etc), but it's still interesting to know that this game has the potential to have a truly risk-reward damage paradigm instead of its current "line-of-sight footsie" gameplay (although, I have to admit that I'm 90% sure that this single instance of this mechanic is pretty spaghetti-coded into existence).

@"Noir.8561" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/74076/balance-changes-upcoming

For the love of the god , just equip the Gun and use the Flamethrower knockback to decap some bases....just like when Skyhammer was released(flame 2 , not a fan ... but ok)

Can Shortbow revenant have reduced energy to shiro spells or a dash dodge like thiefs ?

I have read this 3 times now and still dont know what you want.Its reads like random stuff put together.

@"Noir.8561" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/74076/balance-changes-upcoming

For the love of the god , just equip the Gun and use the Flamethrower knockback to decap some bases....just like when Skyhammer was released(flame 2 , not a fan ... but ok)

Can Shortbow revenant have reduced energy to shiro spells or a dash dodge like thiefs ?

Thanks for the link..

I hope Magnetic Leap retains its leap finisher, its fundamental to my DD Tempest for heals, condi cleansing and Dazes.