Why not just make 1 border no mount so everyone can join their preffered gamestate and be happy

Anput.4620

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anput.4620 said:

@rng.1024 said:I vote EB. Just so people have more reasons to populate the rest of the maps outside prime time.

We have 2 alpines so that would be the fairest one.

I get your logic. However having that as your home border would either:

• Leave it a ghost map
  • Get hammered by guild groups constantly

Neither is a desirable result and the hot potato would be passed around, in worst case press queues up on every other map.

The benefit of using EB is that it's a shared map (not a home border), usually where most players want to be, and historically intended for the fiercest fights.

Considering the dislike of mounts seem to mostly come from alleged veterans of the mode, guild groups shying away from EB, and it being the last map to un-queue in the evening - all would benefit except for those who want only to play in EB and only with mounts. I used to be like that, EB born and raised, however once I tried the other maps they really grew on me and therefore spreading the more casual players over to other maps might give ground for population growth and map activity.

We already saw this with Desert BL, at first it was avoided for the most part. But recently it's been increasing in popularity and become a great hub for big keepfights, guild groups and roaming alike. With the addition of mounts even more so, and this is the biggest factor in considering EB over any other border - everyone respawns an equal amount away from eachother.

@rng.1024 said:

@rng.1024 said:I vote EB. Just so people have more reasons to populate the rest of the maps outside prime time.

We have 2 alpines so that would be the fairest one.

I get your logic. However having that as your home border would either:
  • Leave it a ghost map
  • Get hammered by guild groups constantly

Neither is a desirable result and the hot potato would be passed around, in worst case press queues up on every other map.

The benefit of using EB is that it's a shared map (not a home border), usually where most players want to be, and historically intended for the fiercest fights.

Considering the dislike of mounts seem to mostly come from alleged veterans of the mode, guild groups shying away from EB, and it being the last map to un-queue in the evening - all would benefit except for those who want only to play in EB and only with mounts. I used to be like that, EB born and raised, however once I tried the other maps they really grew on me and therefore spreading the more casual players over to other maps might give ground for population growth and map activity.

We already saw this with Desert BL, at first it was avoided for the most part. But recently it's been increasing in popularity and become a great hub for big keepfights, guild groups and roaming alike. With the addition of mounts even more so, and this is the biggest factor in considering EB over any other border - everyone respawns an equal amount away from eachother.

I get your argument but i still think it would be fine, does it matter that much being a home border? It didn't matter pre-mounts.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:What about the eotmisters?

I think there should be 5 BLS personally, EOTM being the 5th one. No gliding or mounts could stay, but you get pips and contribute to WS. It seems that would solve most of the complaints from both sides.

Except EOTM is a shitty map, i made a post considering alpine as we have 2 of those at the same time.

@Anput.4620 said:

I think there should be 5 BLS personally, EOTM being the 5th one. No gliding or mounts could stay, but you get pips and contribute to WS. It seems that would solve most of the complaints from both sides.

Except EOTM is a kitten map, i made a post considering alpine as we have 2 of those at the same time.

It's not kitten, it just doesn't have pips which is why even anti gliders anti mounted don't play there.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

Except EOTM is a kitten map, i made a post considering alpine as we have 2 of those at the same time.

It's not kitten, it just doesn't have pips which is why even anti gliders anti mounted don't play there.

It kinda is though, the map isn't as fun, just a floating mess.

@Karnasis.6892 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:You realize that ANet will not listen to you on mounts no matter how much you whine.

Doesn't make me wrong, i will give feedback until this BS is fixed.

It's not BS, shame you haven't adapted yet.... also I've been able to get lots of small scale fights even after the mount was added. So.....

It clearly is from the point of balance, that is undeniable fact, otherwise anet wouldn't keep balancing it, also the fact it literally isn't balanced for how much it offers. Aren't you that PvE player enjoying their free passage from what i remember?

@Anput.4620 said:

It clearly is from the point of balance, that is undeniable fact, otherwise anet wouldn't keep balancing it, also the fact it literally isn't balanced for how much it offers. Aren't you that PvE player enjoying their free passage from what i remember?

Except the only balance they plan to do now is a dismount skill, if you can't find fights once that's added then you have a problem. Also, aren't you that thief that has only cried about the mount since day one when you couldn't get your precious fights?

Honestly, what are you gonna do if they NEVER nerf the speed of the mount? Quit? Finally give up and play Apex Legends with your friends (given your constant whining maybe they were just getting away from you)?

@Karnasis.6892 said:

Except the only balance they plan to do now is a dismount skill, if you can't find fights once that's added then you have a problem. Also, aren't you that thief that has only cried about the mount since day one when you couldn't get your precious fights?

Honestly, what are you gonna do if they NEVER nerf the speed of the mount? Quit? Finally give up and play Apex Legends with your friends (given your constant whining maybe they were just getting away from you)?

Why did you assume i am a Thief? I mained warrior before mounts, now i main ranger. Once the dismount skill is here it will either work or suck depending on if it is dodgable, that still doesn't solve the chasing out of own territory problem though.

I will just keep complaining ofc, the game isn't balanced around this BS, it is just a clusterfuck now, especially groupfights with constant remounting and the constant whoops an enemy at the camp lets turn around and not play the game!

I have valid reasons to be upset.

@Anput.4620 said:

Why did you assume i am a Thief? I mained warrior before mounts, now i main ranger. Once the dismount skill is here it will either work or suck depending on if it is dodgable, that still doesn't solve the chasing out of own territory problem though.

I will just keep complaining ofc, the game isn't balanced around this BS, it is just a kitten now, especially groupfights with constant remounting.

Because you complained about being a thief unable to do anything like a month ago when you complained about the same issue. Lol, why do you assume having increased movement speed in TERRITORY YOU OWN a problem. By that logic there should be no benefits to owning anything.

They are going to do something about the remounting too. God you need a better hobby though, you remind me of someone that goes to local government meetings calling for stop signs every 10 feet and a speed limit decrease by 40 km/h (or whatever that equates to in miles) because it ruins your life to see others having fun or getting somewhere less than a speed of god awfully slow

@Anput.4620 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:You realize that ANet will not listen to you on mounts no matter how much you whine.

"Fixed" is relative. A great many people have learned to live with the mount. Quite a few people love the mount. I'm kind of ambivalent to it, but they will never get rid of it.

@Kaiser.9873 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:You realize that ANet will not listen to you on mounts no matter how much you whine.

"Fixed" is relative. A great many people have learned to live with the mount. Quite a few people love the mount. I'm kind of ambivalent to it, but they will never get rid of it.

Or balance it to his desires, forgetting that he is one voice and honestly completely outnumbered, even by folks who just see it as a tool to be used, but not the end all be all of wvw.

@Kaiser.9873 said:

Fixed means balanced, in a way it isn't skewed towards 1 side.

@Karnasis.6892 said:

Or balance it to his desires, forgetting that he is one voice and honestly completely outnumbered, even by folks who just see it as a tool to be used, but not the end all be all of wvw.

Making a mount strong to benefit the majority is not balance, do you even understand what balance is? Balanced towards someone doesn't exist, currently it is clearly above the point of balance seeing how much of a free pass it is and how easy it is to abuse it.

@Anput.4620 said:

Making a mount strong to benefit the majority is not balance, do you even understand what balance is? Balanced towards someone doesn't exist, currently it is clearly above the point of balance seeing how much of a free pass it is and how easy it is to abuse it. It should be balanced between both sides, not be skewed towards one, which it clearly is right now.

@Anput.4620 said:

But it is balanced, because YOU get the same benefits as the opposing team when YOU own an objective. So YOU get increased speed when YOU own a camp/tower or keep. It's your incentive to make sure YOU keep taking stuff. If all you are doing is looking for fights then maybe you should be penalized for not doing anything but fighting.

Also, in case you haven't notice, most MMO's are NEVER balanced perfectly, so wherever you got the notion that everything has to be balanced is wrong.