Corruption Suggestions

DonArkanio.6419

Hey,!

I want to talk about changes that can be made to Corruption in order to improve its competitive use, as we know that in PvE environment the traitline doesn't have problems. I really like the concept of Dark Aura and would like to implement it to Mallyx builds.Mallyx itself feels like a PvP designed legend as we are able to sort of manage conditions. We can use them to boost the heal (pretty useless in PvE), we can strip boons (PvP thing) and we can absorb conditions (again, PvP). As for Corruption - it looks like the traitline struggles to find the spot where it can be used in both competitive and more PvE oriented environments. There are 3 (choosable) traits that are useful in PvE, rest is designed for PvP scenario. So, I'd like to suggest some changes that in my mind could improve the usage of Corruption line in order to work along Mallyx in PvP more than it does now.

• Replenishing Despair - Incoming conditions provide you a small amount of healing.CHANGED - Each unique conditions heals you for small amount every second. Similar to Steadfast Rejuvenation.
  • 1 condition: 60 health/ s
  • 2 unique conditions: 120 health/ s
  • 3 unique conditions: 180 health/ s
  • and so on.

The point of this trait would be to make it so you want to have conditions on you. Keep in mind they will still deal damage, but you can mix it with other traits.

• Demonic Defiance - Using a legendary demon stance skill grants resistance for a short duration. (5s ICD)CHANGED - Using legendary demon stance skill grants Dark Aura for a short duration. (5s ICD)

Core Mallyx is going to have Resistance via the new skill called Ancient Echo: This new baseline revenant skill grants the revenant 25 energy and a benefit based on the current legend. When not using Herald or Renegade elite specializations, this skill will be available in the second slot of the profession mechanic bar. This is legit info.

• Legendary Demon Stance: Gain 3 seconds of the Resistance effect.
  • Dark Aura: This new effect reduces incoming condition damage by 20% and inflicts 2 seconds of torment when you are struck (1-second cooldown per attacker).
  • This could give this trait and overall Minor Traits more room in PvE and PvP.
  • Spontaneous Destruction - Use Lesser Banish Enchantment when striking a foe that has at least as many boons as the threshold. (25s ICD)CHANGED I really don't like this trait, I don't like its 25s ICD because it seems so random. I'd rather change it to give you something when stealing or removing boons via Banish Enchantment, so:
  • V1 - Removing boons from your foes heals you for small amount
  • V2 - Blast Finishers (to which Revenant has a lot of access) will now remove boons from your foes. Mace 3 is pretty spammable, Staff #4, Hammer #3 and #5, Ventari's Elite

I could go on and suggest more changes but these IMO need most attention. Corruption and Mallyx have some grait traits that could make it special only if they connected well with each other. Resistance is a great thing but since Mallyx, Invocation and now Core Revenant will have access to Resistance, I thought it could be great to make use of Dark Aura and Resistance.This way you can for a very short time reduce or negate the condition damage, heal from them, actually manage them.I'd love Embrace the Darkness to pulse our condis once again, but we have that on trait now, so it is what it is.

Hope you like some of these changes. Let me know what you think needs the most work or what doesn't.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

• Demonic Defiance - Using a legendary demon stance skill grants resistance for a short duration. (5s ICD)
    CHANGED
    - Using legendary demon stance skill grants Dark Aura for a short duration. (5s ICD)

Core Mallyx is going to have Resistance via the new skill called Ancient Echo: This new baseline revenant skill grants the revenant 25 energy and a benefit based on the current legend. When not using Herald or Renegade elite specializations, this skill will be available in the second slot of the profession mechanic bar. This is legit info.
  • Legendary Demon Stance: Gain 3 seconds of the Resistance effect.
  • Dark Aura
    : This new effect reduces incoming condition damage by 20% and inflicts 2 seconds of torment when you are struck (1-second cooldown per attacker).
  • This could give this trait and overall Minor Traits more room in PvE and PvP.

Tbh if Demonic Defiance is changed to this it would be a huge blow to what’s left of Mallyx/Corruption condi rev in pvp/wvw (or when resistance is needed/useful in pve). The new core rev skill is good and all and I’m excited for us to have access to it, but 3s of Resistance on a (probably) 15+ second cooldown is completely inferior to 2s of resistance on a 5s cooldown. Additionally you’re forced to run core Revenant to get that 3s of resistance, missing out on the important things the elite specs bring to condi Revenant. The trade off isn’t worth it.

More importantly, gutting resistance uptime on this trait gives little other access to it outside of pain absorption and the core rev trait. It negatively effects the synergy of mallyx in general and forces the use of pain absorption more often to activate relevant traits. Mallyx is designed to have high uptimes of resistance on it in order to be Anti-condi and also activate relevant traits that either benefit from having resistance or benefit from having condis on us.

The main thing Corruption needs (now that Incensed Response has been gutted in pvp) is a way to generate and maintain 25 stacks of might In order to do enough damage to be relevant. While the introduction of Notoriety was helpful-ish for power builds and made it so the Incensed Response nerf wasn’t crippling, the loss of any useful might generation for condi rev has been a big blow to its overall damage. Notoriety isn’t particularly useful for condi builds due to the reduction in condi damage gain and the fact that Devastation has to be taken. Corruption needs someway to add might to help condi builds compete.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:The main thing Corruption needs (now that Incensed Response has been gutted in pvp) is a way to generate and maintain 25 stacks of might In order to do enough damage to be relevant. While the introduction of Notoriety was helpful-ish for power builds and made it so the Incensed Response nerf wasn’t crippling, the loss of any useful might generation for condi rev has been a big blow to its overall damage. Notoriety isn’t particularly useful for condi builds due to the reduction in condi damage gain and the fact that Devastation has to be taken. Corruption needs someway to add might to help condi builds compete.

I realize you're talking about the Corruption traitline itself and its lack of might generation, but in all fairness, condi Rev has ample ways to generate high stacks of might, albeit specifically condi Herald. Ofcourse there is the area might finisher combo on mace, but there is also the burst of strength giving constant might and the Demon Facet of Nature that gives you like 5 might for each condi transferred. I can't really speak on Renegade since I don't play it, but as a condi Herald might is very accessible and I compete fairly well.

Archived