Lighting rod vs fresh air roamer

whoknocks.4935

Hey guys, i'm trying to get into a burst oriented weaver build playing zerk and marauder stats for solo roaming in wvw.I know it will be an high risk high reward build, but what's the best to use for solo roaming?

Scepter/focus using fresh airScepter/focus using lighting rodSword/focus lighting rod?

On a first try i felt like lighting rod is more my playstyle, but i am a completely noob about it.

Any tips or working builds?

I would pick Scepter/Focus Fresh Air, especially on weaver. The reason, is the constant bursting, and the burst is way higher than that of Lightning Rod. Since Tempest Defense Change, Lightning Rod is not much of a favorite over its other counterparts. Also, Superior Elements is enough to get your crit and weakness moving.

For Sword/Focus, I don't know about Air line, but Fire line with Smothering Auras is quite fun to play and you can build 25 might stacks by attuning to Fire and using few skills. Lightning Rod on melee weapons, is mostly picked with D/D, which still has better options.

Scepter/Focus FA for mid-rangeSw/F Fire line for melee

However, keep in mind that each, with full zerk stats, is quite squishy as the built-in defense barely exists.

@Auburner.6945 said:I would pick Scepter/Focus Fresh Air, especially on weaver. The reason, is the constant bursting, and the burst is way higher than that of Lightning Rod. Since Tempest Defense Change, Lightning Rod is not much of a favorite over its other counterparts. Also, Superior Elements is enough to get your crit and weakness moving.

For Sword/Focus, I don't know about Air line, but Fire line with Smothering Auras is quite fun to play and you can build 25 might stacks by attuning to Fire and using few skills. Lightning Rod on melee weapons, is mostly picked with D/D, which still has better options.

Scepter/Focus FA for mid-rangeSw/F Fire line for melee

However, keep in mind that each, with full zerk stats, is quite squishy as the built-in defense barely exists.

Yeah of course i know i dont have the sustain of cele sword/dagger and will be an high risk high reward build, played right i feel it's so deadly in 1vs1s.Ill try fresh air then. Thanks.

Actually I tried some builds in pvp, to wait the fix of woven stride (I have hope), and I like very much lightning rod weaver, with dagger and focus you have some sustain and kite, and so strong cc . But defenitly about fresh air I would recommand TEMPEST, over weaver. A lot more sustain, and yes overload is a bit long and intteruptable, but in fact with superspeed or Harmonious conduit + lucid singularity I have no problem, and big aoe, big dps; you can "brawl" melee/midrange.