Engineer best in 5 man groups it seems ?

Supermonk.6913

I haven't played in forever but it seems engineers are awesome in Fractals and Spvp

They have really great 5 targets skills and seem really powerful as a 5th member in a party

I notice engineer sucks in wvw as roaming or bringing strong damage.

They have good cleansing it seems though which is not too bad. But Condi spam is stronger.

Any ways this is just my observation with the engineer.

I plan to play my asura engineer soon.

Yea 5 man groups seems to be engineer's speciality.

Any one else agree ? Thanks for reading and writing back.

They are alright but not top of the pack. For organized fractal runs DH and pSoulbeast are much better and higher burst. For WvW you want conversion scrappers as they are amazing at dealing with condis but in very limited amounts. PvP wise it's one of the A classes to look for but again, not at the very top like mirage has been.

Errr sucks in WvW roaming? Condi scrapper perform fine, so does power holo. Medkit scrapper is meta in zergs and almost all smaller guild groups have at least one in their heavy meleeball setup (a couple spellbreakers, a fb, a scrapper, maybe a rev plus burst dps like shatter mesmer, staff thief or stunlock holo).

Condi engie is also a build where if they get close to an enemy mount and they dont dodge, they have a 100% chance to bring the mount down (and probably half the player hp). If you combo it with magnetic pull only those with passive procs can get away.

Hi, sorry i been out of the loop. I always thought engineer suck at doing damage in wvw. I don't care about scrapper cleansing as i don't like to usually be a support (i also don't play firebrand because they do no damage but have high protective boons).

I love the dps they do in fractals. I started wearing marauder exotic armor and overall the gameplay feels good.

I still think engineer are useful in 5 man groups but are not that good in 6+ man or zergs. I still love my engineer and will always play it hehe.

Thanks for the advice, i will try to build a damage spec engineer for wvw and see if i can get some kills, or maybe i just will roam with a group / guild as a support scrapper (pretty boring to be honest).

In spvp i feel like i would be able to carry but only as a scrapper with marauder amulet - i think paladin is too tanky. I also have to get used to flipping the elixir gun constantly.

Thanks again for the advice friends. I will get back into the engineer gameplay, best wishes guys.

Archived