Karmic Retribution as an Item

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Aaralyna.3104 said:Karmic retribution is not karma itself. It is a buff you will have forever whenever you enter that specific map and it boosts karma gained in said map.

No, it doesn't boost karma gained. It causes defeated enemies to drop karma consumables.

Without the buff you get 0 karma per kill.With the buff you get x>0 karma per kill.

This is a boost to overall karma gained.

@Lottie.5370 said:

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:Karmic retribution is not karma itself. It is a buff you will have forever whenever you enter that specific map and it boosts karma gained in said map.

No, it doesn't boost karma gained. It causes defeated enemies to drop karma consumables.

Without the buff you get 0 karma per kill.With the buff you get x>0 karma per kill.

Toe May Toe / Toe Mah Toe.

The effect is that you gain more karma, but the mechanism isn't "+5% / +10% / +15% karma gains", which is how I'd normally read "boosts karma gained". In particular, KR doesn't affect the karma awarded for heart completion.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:Karmic retribution is not karma itself. It is a buff you will have forever whenever you enter that specific map and it boosts karma gained in said map.

The effect is that you gain more karma, but the mechanism isn't "+5% / +10% / +15% karma gains", which is how I'd normally read "boosts karma gained". In particular, KR doesn't affect the karma awarded for heart completion.

Where does it say ~~Karka ~~ karma gains?f0e0fc046fd5f838bb6aa0105b87c0b7.png

@Lottie.5370 said:

Where does it say ~~Karka ~~ karma
gains
?
f0e0fc046fd5f838bb6aa0105b87c0b7.png

Nowhere. But my statement was that I'd normally read your words "boosts karma gained" as meaning some sort of +X% to, well, anything that gains karma (that is, increases - "boosts" - gains in karma), rather than "gives karma consumables when killing foes". Whatever. I think we're in danger of violently agreeing in the end.