ANet's favourite Child

Lincolnbeard.1735

Staff Master: This trait no longer grants a percentage damage increase based on endurance. Instead, it grants 120 power, and grants an additional 120 power when the thief wields a staff. The endurance gain per initiative point remains the same.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swindler%27s_Equilibriumhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Silent_Scopehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forceful_Greatswordhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Axe_MasteryEvery one of those gives passive stats. So why are we stuck with the kitten Fencer's Finesse - hit 10 times to receive stats for 6seconds?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Companion%27s_Defense - Master MinorWe're stuck with 1,5sec protection on mirage cloak ending. - Master Major.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vigorous_Precisionhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renewing_StaminaWe're stuck with 3sec vigor on crit.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rocket_BootsJaunt - elite, removes one condi, half the range, same recharge, instant but who cares.

Go for the Eyes: On Beast abilities instead of a shatter (profession mechanic), Major Adept (a lower category than Major Master), 12 sec cool down, 5 sec blindhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Go_for_the_EyesJustice is Blind: On Virtue of Justice (profession mechanic), Minor Adept (a lower category + get it for free just for using the trait line), 20 sec cool down, 3 sec blind, additionally get 4 sec of Light Aura (when struck you gain retaliation and condition damage is reduced by 10%).https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Justice_is_BlindBlinding Dissipation: On Cry of Frustration (profession mechanic), Major Master, 25 sec cool down, 3 sec blindhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blinding_Dissipation

Thermal Release Valve:Damage: 199 (0.75) Cannot Critical HitBurning (6s): 786 Damage15% heat loss (fueled by permanent vigor/adrenal implant)786 heal on heat loss per evade(fueled by permanent vigor/adrenal implant)Dune cloakDamage: 133 (0.5)?Bleeding (4s): 264 DamageIncrease condi duration on bleeding enemies

Give more examples of how we're ANet's favourite child if you want.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Also besides free 120/240 power/precision bonus this traits also offer some unique bonus. (Attackers insight need a nerf?)Warrior gets 50/100% to get might on crit.DE gets stealth on evade.DRD get endurance back.Sw gets steal cd shave.Axe adrenaline bonus on critical hits.FF unique ability - suffer - hit 10 times to get this bonus for 10 seconds

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:Staff Master: This trait no longer grants a percentage damage increase based on endurance. Instead, it grants 120 power, and grants an additional 120 power when the thief wields a staff. The endurance gain per initiative point remains the same.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swindler%27s_Equilibriumhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Silent_Scope

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forceful_Greatswordhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Axe_MasteryEvery one of those gives passive stats. So why are we stuck with the kitten Fencer's Finesse - hit 10 times to receive stats for 6seconds?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Companion%27s_Defense - Master MinorWe're stuck with 1,5sec protection on mirage cloak ending. - Master Major.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vigorous_Precisionhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renewing_StaminaWe're stuck with 3sec vigor on crit.

give me mirage evades and invuls on thief and u can have the 120 power or 240 power if u use staff id even give u an extra 200 power just cus its useless when u cant survive a shit if ur out of dodges.

@reddie.5861 said:

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:Staff Master: This trait no longer grants a percentage damage increase based on endurance. Instead, it grants 120 power, and grants an additional 120 power when the thief wields a staff. The endurance gain per initiative point remains the same.

Every one of those gives passive stats. So why are we stuck with the kitten Fencer's Finesse - hit 10 times to receive stats for 6seconds?

- Master MinorWe're stuck with 1,5sec protection on mirage cloak ending. - Master Major.

We're stuck with 3sec vigor on crit.

give me mirage evades and invuls on thief and u can have the 120 power or 240 power if u use staff id even give u an extra 200 power just cus its useless when u cant survive a kitten if ur out of dodges.

I'll give you mirage evade, but it comes with you losing all of the endurance and vigor gains thief currently enjoys. Do you really want that?I would be more than willing to trade the invulns mes has with thief stealth access. That's fair right?

I love this lmao. We have two of the most hated classes through out the community, both of which have been heavily nerfed, thief bit by bit for yrs and mesmer hard nerfed recently battling over each others skills and mechanics (alot being similar) when really neither should want either because their all nerf traps in the end. All while the scrappers,soulbeast,fb,scourge and holos laugh at usGood stuff!

@reddie.5861 said:

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:Staff Master: This trait no longer grants a percentage damage increase based on endurance. Instead, it grants 120 power, and grants an additional 120 power when the thief wields a staff. The endurance gain per initiative point remains the same.

Every one of those gives passive stats. So why are we stuck with the kitten Fencer's Finesse - hit 10 times to receive stats for 6seconds?

- Master MinorWe're stuck with 1,5sec protection on mirage cloak ending. - Master Major.

give me mirage evades and invuls on thief and u can have the 120 power or 240 power if u use staff id even give u an extra 200 power just cus its useless when u cant survive a kitten if ur out of dodges.What mirage evade has to do with core dueling trait and similar traits that not only permanent gain better stats but also passive bonus with unique effect ?Thief mains in nutshell

@reddie.5861 said:

give me mirage evades and invuls on thief and u can have the 120 power or 240 power if u use staff id even give u an extra 200 power just cus its useless when u cant survive a kitten if ur out of dodges.

I would kill for that, thief has a lot more evade uptime than mirage.

Thieves who can perma evade want to trade to one of the least vigor uptime profession...

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Staff Master: This trait no longer grants a percentage damage increase based on endurance. Instead, it grants 120 power, and grants an additional 120 power when the thief wields a staff. The endurance gain per initiative point remains the same.

Thieves who can perma evade want to trade to one of the least vigor uptime profession...

Perms evade lol with their infinite resources right?

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:Yes, thief can perma evade, dd, sw/p, vault. If you can't perhaps you should learn to play your profession before qqing.Yeah, you come to mesmer forums but not to do what you say you come here over and over to derail threads into oh poor me and poor thieves.

Secondly l2read, what part of fencers finesse is trash when compared to all those both thief and war traits, oh and apart from staff did any trait received an update? You just qq for the sake of qq.

Get a psychologist to heal that victim complex.

no we cant perma evade, DD is shit weapon set nerfed to the ground its fun to troll on but thats it.sword/pistol i mean really? another troll weapon set?vault, yes more or less maybe in small scale fight but in a blob ur "non evade frame" will soak up tons of conditions/dmg ull die pretty quick if not in group with something to help you out in smaller fights vault really isnt gonna help you out unless u stand still in 1 small spot.

i prefer a invul and evades from mirage and whoever said this is about core mirage, then dont pull daredevil into this and go nag about core thief, which is pretty much only thief build left to play in PvP/WvW

btw on serious note why would u mesmers want more power?u can 100 > 0 most classes in 1 rotationu have nice bunker buildsu have nice hybrid builds

see i dont play mesmer main i just play ones in a blue moon, but i think mesmer doesnt need a "big" change it might need some very little tweaks here and there but for sure doesnt need more power.

@reddie.5861 said:

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:Yes, thief can perma evade, dd, sw/p, vault. If you can't perhaps you should learn to play your profession before qqing.Yeah, you come to mesmer forums but not to do what you say you come here over and over to derail threads into oh poor me and poor thieves.

Secondly l2read, what part of fencers finesse is trash when compared to all those both thief and war traits, oh and apart from staff did any trait received an update? You just qq for the sake of qq.

no we cant perma evade, DD is kitten weapon set nerfed to the ground its fun to troll on but thats it.sword/pistol i mean really? another troll weapon set?Used by faeleth in monthly AT. Troll weapon set . Get on his levelvault, yes more or less maybe in small scale fight but in a blob ur "non evade frame" will soak up tons of conditions/dmg ull die pretty quick if not in group withi prefer a invul and evades from mirage and whoever said this is about core mirage, then dont pull daredevil into this and go nag about core thief, which is pretty much only thief build left to play in PvP/WvWThread not even about cmirage its about core traits and unfairness and bias, in stupid attempt to nerf mirage, obviously to make core mesmer even more garbage than it is and nerf as much builds as possible at once.btw on serious note why would u mesmers want more power?u can 100 > 0 most classes in 1 rotationI can slot core/DRD/DEADEYE for oneshot on the same classes mesmer can oneshot as you say but problem is ALL of they are unviable just as the mesmeru have nice bunker buildsDestroyed with scepter nerf. Look at mAT. Scrappers everywhere,not even soulbeasts. The only 1 chrono was brought by frenchies that cant play anything else apparently.u have nice hybrid buildsWhat hybrid builds? Have you seen scepter nerfs? Have you seen axe nerfs as 67% damage? What nice about it ?see i dont play mesmer main i just play ones in a blue moon, but i think mesmer doesnt need a "big" change it might need some very little tweaks here and there but for sure doesnt need more power.You dont play mesmer but think its fine ? Every single nerf on core was either unjustified or over kill.@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048I really dont understand, its hard to nerf overperforming skill by 10-25% and see if its need more? Waiting for months and then suddenly nuke it from orbit with 50-67% is fine? Why every nerf on mesmer is 50% or more ?Portal duration 50% duration nerf. Scepter damage 50% nerf. In the past Warlock on staff had 50% damage nerf despite not doing any significant damage. Chrono shield 50% damage nerf. Cry of pain 50% of confusions were deleted. Blind shatter trait basically was deleted with reflect on evade. Axe ambush is 67% damage nerf...IA 75% cd increase. Ineptitude nerfed by 60% in duration.Must be a magic number.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Staff Master: This trait no longer grants a percentage damage increase based on endurance. Instead, it grants 120 power, and grants an additional 120 power when the thief wields a staff. The endurance gain per initiative point remains the same.

Perms evade lol with their infinite resources right?

You don't recognise the absurdity of him wanting to trade thief evade for mirage evade (lmao), but you just had to complain when lincolnbeard uses hyperbole to drive home the point that thief and mesmer evade aren't even on comparable levels? You know well what he meant. Your elite alone has 4 seconds of evade.

@praqtos.9035 said:

no we cant perma evade, DD is kitten weapon set nerfed to the ground its fun to troll on but thats it.sword/pistol i mean really? another troll weapon set?Used by faeleth in monthly AT. Troll weapon set . Get on his levelvault, yes more or less maybe in small scale fight but in a blob ur "non evade frame" will soak up tons of conditions/dmg ull die pretty quick if not in group withi prefer a invul and evades from mirage and whoever said this is about core mirage, then dont pull daredevil into this and go nag about core thief, which is pretty much only thief build left to play in PvP/WvWThread not even about cmirage its about core traits and unfairness and bias, in stupid attempt to nerf mirage, obviously to make core mesmer even more garbage than it is and nerf as much builds as possible at once.btw on serious note why would u mesmers want more power?u can 100 > 0 most classes in 1 rotationI can slot core/DRD/DEADEYE for oneshot on the same classes mesmer can oneshot as you say but problem is ALL of they are unviable just as the mesmeru have nice bunker buildsDestroyed with scepter nerf. Look at mAT. Scrappers everywhere,not even soulbeasts. The only 1 chrono was brought by frenchies that cant play anything else apparently.u have nice hybrid buildsWhat hybrid builds? Have you seen scepter nerfs? Have you seen axe nerfs as 67% damage? What nice about it ?see i dont play mesmer main i just play ones in a blue moon, but i think mesmer doesnt need a "big" change it might need some very little tweaks here and there but for sure doesnt need more power.You dont play mesmer but think its fine ? Every single nerf on core was either unjustified or over kill.@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048I really dont understand, its hard to nerf overperforming skill by 10-25% and see if its need more? Waiting for months and then suddenly nuke it from orbit with 50-67% is fine? Why every nerf on mesmer is 50% or more ?Portal duration 50% duration nerf. Scepter damage 50% nerf. In the past Warlock on staff had 50% damage nerf despite not doing any significant damage. Chrono shield 50% damage nerf. Cry of pain 50% of confusions were deleted. Blind shatter trait basically was deleted with reflect on evade. Axe ambush is 67% damage nerf...IA 75% cd increase. Ineptitude nerfed by 60% in duration.Must be a magic number.

Holo Leap history (Originally it would crit for 7k on a 2 second cooldown [Yes, 2 second cooldown] in Photon Forge after might stacking with Corona Burst)

August 28, 2018The damage of this skill has been reduced by 17% in PvP only.

March 27, 2018

Reduced damage by 17% in PvP only.

November 07, 2017

The swiftness or superspeed applied by this skill is now applied at the end of the leap rather than at the start.

September 22, 2017 Path of Fire release:Holo Leap has been added to the game.

It's so weird how Arenanet is very moderate with their nerfs when it comes to Engineer. Multiple patches in a row where it's been left completely untouched outside of buffs to scrapper and core.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

no we cant perma evade, DD is kitten weapon set nerfed to the ground its fun to troll on but thats it.sword/pistol i mean really? another troll weapon set?Used by faeleth in monthly AT. Troll weapon set . Get on his levelvault, yes more or less maybe in small scale fight but in a blob ur "non evade frame" will soak up tons of conditions/dmg ull die pretty quick if not in group withi prefer a invul and evades from mirage and whoever said this is about core mirage, then dont pull daredevil into this and go nag about core thief, which is pretty much only thief build left to play in PvP/WvWThread not even about cmirage its about core traits and unfairness and bias, in stupid attempt to nerf mirage, obviously to make core mesmer even more garbage than it is and nerf as much builds as possible at once.btw on serious note why would u mesmers want more power?u can 100 > 0 most classes in 1 rotationI can slot core/DRD/DEADEYE for oneshot on the same classes mesmer can oneshot as you say but problem is ALL of they are unviable just as the mesmeru have nice bunker buildsDestroyed with scepter nerf. Look at mAT. Scrappers everywhere,not even soulbeasts. The only 1 chrono was brought by frenchies that cant play anything else apparently.u have nice hybrid buildsWhat hybrid builds? Have you seen scepter nerfs? Have you seen axe nerfs as 67% damage? What nice about it ?see i dont play mesmer main i just play ones in a blue moon, but i think mesmer doesnt need a "big" change it might need some very little tweaks here and there but for sure doesnt need more power.You dont play mesmer but think its fine ? Every single nerf on core was either unjustified or over kill.@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048"I really dont understand, its hard to nerf overperforming skill by 10-25% and see if its need more? Waiting for months and then suddenly nuke it from orbit with 50-67% is fine? Why every nerf on mesmer is 50% or more ?Portal duration 50% duration nerf. Scepter damage 50% nerf. In the past Warlock on staff had 50% damage nerf despite not doing any significant damage. Chrono shield 50% damage nerf. Cry of pain 50% of confusions were deleted. Blind shatter trait basically was deleted with reflect on evade. Axe ambush is 67% damage nerf...IA 75% cd increase. Ineptitude nerfed by 60% in duration.Must be a magic number.

Holo Leap history (Originally it would crit for 7k on a 2 second cooldown [Yes, 2 second cooldown] in Photon Forge after might stacking with Corona Burst)

August 28, 2018

The damage of this skill has been
reduced by 17% in PvP only

March 27, 2018

Reduced damage by 17% in PvP only

November 07, 2017The swiftness or superspeed applied by this skill is now applied at the end of the leap rather than at the start.

It's so weird how Arenanet is very moderate with their nerfs when it comes to Engineer. Multiple patches in a row where it's been left completely untouched outside of buffs to scrapper and core.

I'll take a "wild guess" and say it is because Irenio is the designer of engi specs and Robert is the designer of the mesmer's ones.

@Mockaj.1846 said:

no we cant perma evade, DD is kitten weapon set nerfed to the ground its fun to troll on but thats it.sword/pistol i mean really? another troll weapon set?Used by faeleth in monthly AT. Troll weapon set . Get on his levelvault, yes more or less maybe in small scale fight but in a blob ur "non evade frame" will soak up tons of conditions/dmg ull die pretty quick if not in group withi prefer a invul and evades from mirage and whoever said this is about core mirage, then dont pull daredevil into this and go nag about core thief, which is pretty much only thief build left to play in PvP/WvWThread not even about cmirage its about core traits and unfairness and bias, in stupid attempt to nerf mirage, obviously to make core mesmer even more garbage than it is and nerf as much builds as possible at once.btw on serious note why would u mesmers want more power?u can 100 > 0 most classes in 1 rotationI can slot core/DRD/DEADEYE for oneshot on the same classes mesmer can oneshot as you say but problem is ALL of they are unviable just as the mesmeru have nice bunker buildsDestroyed with scepter nerf. Look at mAT. Scrappers everywhere,not even soulbeasts. The only 1 chrono was brought by frenchies that cant play anything else apparently.u have nice hybrid buildsWhat hybrid builds? Have you seen scepter nerfs? Have you seen axe nerfs as 67% damage? What nice about it ?see i dont play mesmer main i just play ones in a blue moon, but i think mesmer doesnt need a "big" change it might need some very little tweaks here and there but for sure doesnt need more power.You dont play mesmer but think its fine ? Every single nerf on core was either unjustified or over kill.@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048"I really dont understand, its hard to nerf overperforming skill by 10-25% and see if its need more? Waiting for months and then suddenly nuke it from orbit with 50-67% is fine? Why every nerf on mesmer is 50% or more ?Portal duration 50% duration nerf. Scepter damage 50% nerf. In the past Warlock on staff had 50% damage nerf despite not doing any significant damage. Chrono shield 50% damage nerf. Cry of pain 50% of confusions were deleted. Blind shatter trait basically was deleted with reflect on evade. Axe ambush is 67% damage nerf...IA 75% cd increase. Ineptitude nerfed by 60% in duration.Must be a magic number.

August 28, 2018The damage of this skill has been

March 27, 2018

November 07, 2017

The swiftness or superspeed applied by this skill is now applied at the end of the leap rather than at the start.

I'll take a "wild guess" and say it is because Irenio is the designer of engi specs and Robert is the designer of the mesmer's ones.

I admit I dont know much about the dev;s and such but who would that matter?

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

August 28, 2018

March 27, 2018

November 07, 2017The swiftness or superspeed applied by this skill is now applied at the end of the leap rather than at the start.

Robert G? I'll always remember him fondly for making Mirage playable

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2702/mirage-specialization-updates-for-the-path-of-fire-launch/p1

@mortrialus.3062 said:

March 27, 2018

November 07, 2017

Learn something new everyday. Thanks

@mortrialus.3062 said:

March 27, 2018

November 07, 2017

The difference is Robert caves in to every complain (nerf) while Irenio's engi specs never get nerfed into oblivion and in scrapper's case it came back op again.

@Mockaj.1846 said:

August 28, 2018

March 27, 2018

The difference is Robert caves in to every complain (nerf) while Irenio's engi specs never get nerfed into oblivion and in scrapper's case it came back op again.

This basically