Malice for weapons not Dagger and Rifle

Shiyo.3578

Could you please make it so malice adds damage to other mainhand weapons besides these two?

There's a reason the best weapons for DPS are dagger and rifle for deadeye, and it's simply due to this. The other weapons are incredibly underwhelming to use on deadeye and I'm not sure why?

Technically it does add damage on a few other weapons. Pistol gets a lot of high duration torment. The issue is that the torment can be cleansed and there are enough stacks of it to make as big an impact as an extra 5-8k damage on a backstab.

Personally, I’d like it if Malice added even 2-3k to Sneak Attack in addition to its other effects.

That's PvP, though. I'm talking mainly PvE. Isn't sword very bad DPS in every single form of PvE? It's malice spender is a joke, +endurance? Why?

Torment damage doesn't help P/P at all so you basically ignore malice entirely using that weapon set as power.

Just feels like they finished dagger and rifle then tacked on random crap for the other weapons and called it a day.

@Valar Dotalis.6409 said:

@derd.6413 said:why does every weapon need to be a dps weapon?

Because thief is a class that can only do DPS effectively. Especially Deadeye where the best way to build malice is to land crits, so Deadeyes must invest in Precision. Thus DPS is the only way to play Deadeye effectively.

That sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy. If all your weapons are DPS weapons then of course you'll only be good for DPS. If thief is to have roles other than DPS then it will need weapons for those roles.

How is it flawed logic?

Deadeye isn't played very often in PvP, when it's played, you use rifle. Deadeye is only played in PvE using dagger/dagger and rifle.

Sword, shortbow, and pistol all gain nearly nothing from malice, and are not used in any high tier deadeye build.

It's obvious why - malice does essentially nothing for them. No way can you compare 10-25% dmg to "Gain 10 endurance per stack" in ANY game mode.

@"Shiyo.3578" said:How is it flawed logic?

Deadeye isn't played very often in PvP, when it's played, you use rifle. Deadeye is only played in PvE using dagger/dagger and rifle.

Sword, shortbow, and pistol all gain nearly nothing from malice, and are not used in any high tier deadeye build.

It's obvious why - malice does essentially nothing for them. No way can you compare 10-25% dmg to "Gain 10 endurance per stack" in ANY game mode.

that doesn't mean at all that anet should make all DE sneak attacks just be flat damage buffs.

WHAT?I srsly just strolled in here and I see this.WHATIT IS A WEAPONIT IS A DPS CLASSIT DEALS DMGIf you want healing sticks go to Wallmart and get some not even Druids staff goes without dealing dmgIT IS A WEAPON IT DEALS DMG PER SECONDS (dps for those who dont know) HOW CAN IT NOT BE DPS WEAPON

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

WHAT?I srsly just strolled in here and I see this.WHATIT IS A WEAPONIT IS A DPS CLASSIT DEALS DMGIf you want healing sticks go to Wallmart and get some not even Druids staff goes without dealing dmgIT IS A WEAPON IT DEALS DMG PER SECONDS (dps for those who dont know) HOW CAN IT NOT BE DPS WEAPON

it's strange that ppl are still trying to pigeon hole entire classes into one role like this is WOW.

also there's utility, CC, and as you mentioned support. there's probably more i'm forgetting

@derd.6413 said:it's strange that ppl are still trying to pigeon hole entire classes into one role like this is WOW.

also there's utility, CC, and as you mentioned support. there's probably more i'm forgetting

It still deals dmg per second which means weapon as such is DPS based. the way you can use it is oriented and altered according to what your class is but weapon as such is ALWAYS DPS BASED. CC is also dmg it is damage dealt to your ability to use ur skills it is CROWD CONTROL and has damaging affects on your game since you are stunned or dazed and cant fight in terms of battle it is dmg. Utility and support are just side effects your proffesion can give to a weapon but weapon is ALWAYS DPS INSTRUMENT

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:it's strange that ppl are still trying to pigeon hole entire classes into one role like this is WOW.

It still deals dmg per second which means weapon as such is DPS based.

by that logic druid staff is a DPS weapon

it is only druid is able to use it in other ways as well but it is dps weapon