Hardened Gates => Hardened Gates AND WALLS?

Svarty.8019

Now that we have paper walls on all objectives, and some people like it and some people don't, how about players get the OPTION to compromise?

I suggest we do so via the Guild Claiming system.Hardened Gates improvement could become Hardened Gates AND WALLS, and in doing so it could take them, for example, half way to the toughness they used to have.

This solution is elegant and promotes an otherwise meh improvement to AAA status instantly.

@Djamonja.6453 said:He is saying that catas or trebs would do 50% less damage to walls in addition to the current reduction to player damage on gates. I actually think it's a decent idea since right now hardened gates is only marginally useful.Walls already have 50% more hp than doors.

Again, the idea is nonsensical. It does the same stupid thing that armor did - add layers of the same thing.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Djamonja.6453 said:He is saying that catas or trebs would do 50% less damage to walls in addition to the current reduction to player damage on gates. I actually think it's a decent idea since right now hardened gates is only marginally useful.Walls already have 50% more hp than doors.

Again, the idea is nonsensical. It does the same stupid thing that armor did - add layers of the same thing.

Wrong. The idea is that when you slot the improvement (Note: You have to burn that upgrade slot and upgrade, so it's NOT free), it makes the walls AND doors HALF as tough as they were before anet changed the modifier to the same as wooden walls and doors. Nowhere does anybody say anything about attacking walls with axes.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@"Djamonja.6453" said:He is saying that catas or trebs would do 50% less damage to walls in addition to the current reduction to player damage on gates. I actually think it's a decent idea since right now hardened gates is only marginally useful.Walls already have 50% more hp than doors.

Wrong. The idea is that when you slot the improvement (Note: You have to burn that upgrade slot and upgrade, so it's NOT free), it makes the walls AND doors HALF as tough as they were before anet changed the modifier to the same as wooden walls and doors. Nowhere does anybody say anything about attacking walls with axes.

Either way, still nonsensical. Because if you really want this, you can go with just upping the hp with hardened gates/walls. No need to involve any crappy armor that only makes things double effective since it's also cheaper to repair, not just harder to siege. 10% extra hp for the cost of one less tactivator, or something like that. I only say 10% because the "cost" is too low and you cant up it without revamping tactivators to be either/or, or have a cost per slot so you just cant have the "best" of everything slotted everywhere (ie you have 3 slots, but say EWP and hardened gates/walls cost 2 slots or similar). I would be more than happy to say a 50% hp boost if you had to choose between that or EWP. But not as it is now.

Archived