did the garden plots (or gathering) change?

Nothing has changed regarding the gardens, and there is nothing to "work out". Stand near the plant, it will prompt you to "Press [keybind, default F] to Gather". It's smart enough to prioritize grown plants over seedlings unless you're standing directly on top of one or have it targeted. Please pay more attention to what you're doing.

Somewhat related to this question: did Arenanet ever say anything about the third garden plot? Will we be able to buy it eventually? Seems odd to design three plots but only sell two. It also makes your garden look uneven and disorganized as instead of unlocking the two plots on the sides and leaving the middle/top one empty, it left one side empty.

@"Trise.2865" said:Nothing has changed regarding the gardens, and there is nothing to "work out". Stand near the plant, it will prompt you to "Press [keybind, default F] to Gather". It's smart enough to prioritize grown plants over seedlings unless you're standing directly on top of one or have it targeted. Please pay more attention to what you're doing.

Excuse me?

I bought two plots when they first came out. I know EXACTLY where to stand on each so hitting the f key 4 times can gather from all of the plants in the Kyrta instance plot before I need to move. Yesterday was the first time since the initial day that it told me I was standing too far from another plant after I had harvested one of them. Not only that but it KEPT on happening unless I was pretty much standing on top of another plant.

I do not need you to tell me to 'pay more attention'.

@ewenness.6482 said:Somewhat related to this question: did Arenanet ever say anything about the third garden plot? Will we be able to buy it eventually? Seems odd to design three plots but only sell two. It also makes your garden look uneven and disorganized as instead of unlocking the two plots on the sides and leaving the middle/top one empty, it left one side empty.

I am guessing there is some technical limitation or just that they wanted to see how many sales of the 2nd they would get (we might get something else for the 3rd plot if they were bad).

@Menadena.7482 said:

@ewenness.6482 said:Somewhat related to this question: did Arenanet ever say anything about the third garden plot? Will we be able to buy it eventually? Seems odd to design three plots but only sell two. It also makes your garden look uneven and disorganized as instead of unlocking the two plots on the sides and leaving the middle/top one empty, it left one side empty.

I am guessing there is some technical limitation or just that they wanted to see how many sales of the 2nd they would get (we might get something else for the 3rd plot if they were bad).

I would buy a third one instantly.

The mini primers are just awesome.

@Menadena.7482 said:I bought two plots when they first came out. I know EXACTLY where to stand on each so hitting the f key 4 times can gather from all of the plants in the Kyrta instance plot before I need to move. Yesterday was the first time since the initial day that it told me I was standing too far from another plant after I had harvested one of them. Not only that but it KEPT on happening unless I was pretty much standing on top of another plant.

Did you change one of the plots to the special plants that are used for the guaranteed dye unlock recipes? I have one plot growing regular plants and one plot growing the special plants. On my alt account, I can stand in one spot and harvest all the regular plants, then move over to the other plot and harvest all the special plants. On my main account (and home instance owner), I can harvest all the regular plants from one spot, but the special plants I have to either move to each one or select each one individually to harvest them, just like you are reporting in your OP.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

@Menadena.7482 said:I bought two plots when they first came out. I know EXACTLY where to stand on each so hitting the f key 4 times can gather from all of the plants in the Kyrta instance plot before I need to move. Yesterday was the first time since the initial day that it told me I was standing too far from another plant after I had harvested one of them. Not only that but it KEPT on happening unless I was pretty much standing on top of another plant.

Did you change one of the plots to the special plants that are used for the guaranteed dye unlock recipes? I have one plot growing regular plants and one plot growing the special plants. On my alt account, I can stand in one spot and harvest all the regular plants, then move over to the other plot and harvest all the special plants. On my main account (and home instance owner), I can harvest all the regular plants from one spot, but the special plants I have to either move to each one or select each one individually to harvest them, just like you are reporting in your OP.

No, I have already unlocked all the normal dyes. My plots are just growing normal plants.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Op most likely remembers wrong.

?????

I suppose the message that came on the screen telling me to have a seed pouch was my imagination too, right?

Just stand properly and you wont have a problem, friend :)

Have to love it how some people can turn anything into some variation of 'git gud'.

It is happening tonight too. I know I am standing in the right place to gather from 4 plants so nobody please even suggest that as an option. Even if I could not reach all 4 why am I standing in the middle and only able to reach one of them?

I anything below is relevant:

kryta instanceinfinite unbound magic gathering toolasparagus

@Linken.6345 said:it did change for the better you can no longer uproot your flowers without having a seed bag in hand.

Yes, that's the only change I know about, but it was done quite a while ago. It's not a recent one. Otherwise, I did not notice anything new. I can still stand in middle of each plot to gather the 4 plants without moving, as always. However, my input covers only BC, Divinity, Hoelbrak and Rata Sum. I cannot tell for The Grove, I never farm there.

Everything seemed normal when I harvested today.

However... I have had the plants themselves move me out of place at times. I'm not sure why, but there have been times where harvesting a plant pushes me away just a bit. Enough to make it where I have to move again before I can finish. Is it possible that this is what happened?