New Patch Glyphs — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New Patch Glyphs

Durzlla.6295Durzlla.6295 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can’t get online until tomorrow so anyone who’d want to be an awesome person and post the full details of the new Glyph here that’d be awesome!

Also more importantly... can glyphs finally be used underwater?

"But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

<1

Comments

• Have fun with this 7 second cast :D

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭

@Morroth.8652 said:

Have fun with this 7 second cast :D

7 friking seconds? AND 90 SECONDS CD?
    Another question, hows the avatar version?

7 seconds cast?

• Lynnie.7213Lynnie.7213 Member ✭✭✭

It could have been a great skill, but 7 second stuck in cast its a big no. Only useful in raids? Because in pvp you'll get focused.

DONEE - Youtube
    https://youtube.com/donee

• voltaicbore.8012voltaicbore.8012 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah. Another patch, another hard-to-swallow ranger "rework." I really hoped they would leave druids alone, but they seem hell bent on knocking it down a few more pegs. 7s is obscene, and might as well say "this is not for use in PVP" in the tooltip.

• Miellyn.6847Miellyn.6847 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2019

With no boon duration.
    It is pretty ok. But the 7 seconds cast still sucks.

• Pedro Sequeira.3198Pedro Sequeira.3198 Member ✭✭
    edited April 23, 2019

I feel like either the cooldown has to go lower or the channel disappear (more inclined towards the second option). Like seven seconds where you can't cast anything else, and stability is easily stripped nowadays in pvp, so what gives? The glyph is nice but it needs a lot of improvement, it also doesn't pay off the pets even bigger nerfs as it is. Boons applied could be a little more creative imo.

• Lynnie.7213Lynnie.7213 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2019

@Changer the Elder.2948 said:

@Lynnie.7213 said:
    It could have been a great skill, but 7 second stuck in cast its a big no. Only useful in raids? Because in pvp you'll get focused.

Seriously, no offense, but this makes me think that whoever made this thing never touched a druid in their life.

Together with heal-ele buffs (a class that was already outperforming a druid in raw healing power), this is another nail in a druid's coffin. I have to ask: why even put the class in the game if you're "unhappy" with how well it performs literally the only thing you designed it to do?

I have the feeling they are trying to push PoF sales, there is no other explanation for such changes. Its nerf after nerf and the spec is not even meta in 2/3 game modes and losing its spot on the only mode that it still had any usage.

DONEE - Youtube
    https://youtube.com/donee

• Deax.1572Deax.1572 Member ✭✭✭

Druid pre-patch was bad and now it's worse. We didn't get anything that would justify the 20% pet stat nerf across the board. Do you feel like your pets with their crappy AI are surviving too long in wvw/pvp teamfights? now you have the added benefit of them dying quicker! The new glyphs are meh at best and overall druid is still trash.
    Sorry, if i sound bitter, but there was little reason to swap from SB to Druid and now there is even less incentive to do so.
    Outside from PvE raids and occasional fractal Druid is ineffective. It's annoying to fight one, but it wasn't hard to ignore it during team-fights entirely and then just focus it once it's the last one standing because it contributes kitten all.
    Druid probably has better mobility and selfish-survival in wvw/pvp, but as an actual support is bad, very bad.

Maybe some Druid builds will pop up thanks to other classes/builds getting reworks, but i don't think druid will ever be as fun as it used to.

• At first I liked Stars. Then I started to think where it could be useful and honestly I don't think it's designed for anything in pve, but I like the idea of using it in wvw. It compliments other support options there while providing something unique. It's also bugged atm, it's not triggering Verdant Etching on me.

edited April 23, 2019

@apocalypso.4895 said:
    At first I liked Stars. Then I started to think where it could be useful and honestly I don't think it's designed for anything in pve, but I like the idea of using it in wvw. It compliments other support options there while providing something unique. It's also bugged atm, it's not triggering Verdant Etching on me.

In wvw could have some use if cast time where like 1 second, and thats already too much. With the 7 seconds cast time when you finish, if you are able to, the battle is already finish and everybody is back home. 90 Second CD is already extremely punishing, for an skill which should be in the 60 seconds for 7 seconds condition immunity.

We could play a game, to find any other skill in game with such or longer cast time. Just for the giggles.

• borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭

It's 3.5 seconds with quickness!

Hi.

• @anduriell.6280 said:
    In wvw could have some use if cast time where like 1 second, and thats already too much. With the 7 seconds cast time when you finish, if you are able to, the battle is already finish and everybody is back home. 90 Second CD is already extremely punishing, for an skill which should be in the 60 seconds for 7 seconds condition immunity.

Imo it's a good design to have elites with high impact and high cd, it's exactly why unity used to suck. Stars can completely negate a condi bomb on 10 allies and the channel time is balanced on the fact it has 1200 range and allows you to move while channeling it.

• Long cast times with long cooldown sucks. You eat one little knockback/rupt and the skill is gone. Same problem with Winds of Disenchantment (Warrior). Try to use this thing in the Sunspear Fractal: knockbacks everythere.

edited April 23, 2019

@apocalypso.4895 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:

Imo it's a good design to have elites with high impact and high cd, it's exactly why unity used to suck. Stars can completely negate a condi bomb on 10 allies and the channel time is balanced on the fact it has 1200 range and allows you to move while channeling it.

i could agree if the game generally would follow that design which is not the case. As such 60s cd i think is fair. 90s is simply too much where skills like rite of the great dwarf has 40 seconds CD, and battle standard has a cd of 60s once you click F to take it back.
    I think the CD is excessive still i could take it... but the cast time its just too little too much. Also its not affected by quickness...

How is the aligment glyph? Any good of its nerfed because they remvoed weakness as well?

• LughLongArm.5460LughLongArm.5460 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2019

Almost sure this is a mistake, I didn't have any expectation but the giving the skill both small radius limitation and a channel without any source of stability couldn't be right. I refuse to believe it. At its current form the skill is less than useless. A meme level bad. I think it supposed to work kinda like healing spring, you put it in a specific location and it will pulse for 7 sec. If its not the case you cannot revive while using this skill, is this not the point? You cant combo the water field, you will never be able to use it in PvP, basically the mother of bad design, I refuse to believe its working as intended.

• Dragana.1497Dragana.1497 Member ✭✭✭

@borgs.6103 said:

Just saw someone on reddit who tested it. According to them it's not affected by quickness.

"I'm not quite what I thought I was but then again I'm maybe more"

But from what I understand it pulses for 7 seconds starting the moment you click it.

• DuckDuckBOOM.4097DuckDuckBOOM.4097 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2019

@anduriell.6280 said:
    Also its not affected by quickness...

@borgs.6103 said:

Who is right here? Does quickness affect it or not?

Is it ground targeted? Why does it say 1200 range but 360 radius?
    Also can you cancel cast it? I'm assuming you don't need to channel it for the full 7 seconds.
    90 second CD is rough. 58 with trait and alacrity.
    Can you start casting it before you leave CA and have it continue channeling as you leave?

In raids: Condition immunity: work at shakes/fear on Sloth. 10 targets is nice.

The boons: sun spirit/nature's vengeance nerf wrecked vigor up time. With some duration and alacrity, that elite now is perma regen, vigor and prot to 10 people for 1 skill. I would actually consider this a "buff to options" to Druids as this greatly reduces the need for nature magic and stone spirit. No more war horn trait for regen either.

Ressing: The elite spirit is now a 240 radius res with a "3 second channel" from the spirit and a max of 5 targets. 4% revive x 18 pulses = 72%. If quickness affects this, that's a full res to 10 ppl in less time than the spirit.

In PvP: You lose stability without the shout elite. I don't see it being good in PvP.
    In WvW: It reads like the opposite of Spell breaker elite bubble. FB gives you stability. Druid runs in with 10 target immunity to condi on push.

• Lydia.7913Lydia.7913 Member ✭✭

It is not affected by quickness.

Maybe if they added stab to this elite it might be worth checking out. As it stands, it's terrrrrrible.

• Durzlla.6295Durzlla.6295 Member ✭✭✭✭

Wait so is this a 7s cast time? Or is it a 7s channel? Because if it’s a channel I can still find uses for this, if It’s a cast time... whelp.... it’s gonna be kitten.

"But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

@Durzlla.6295 said:
    Wait so is this a 7s cast time? Or is it a 7s channel? Because if it’s a channel I can still find uses for this, if It’s a cast time... whelp.... it’s gonna be kitten.

channel

• @Durzlla.6295 said:

Reddit indicates it's a channel. So it applies immunity to condi/downed state while you channel. Boons and healing pulse 1 time per second. Res is 18 pulses over 7 seconds? Not sure how that divides evenly. Makes sense why they didn't want it affected by quickness for WvW/PvP.

I'm still fairly certain that you will be able to break the channel. So it doesn't sound as bad as some ppl are making it.

• @LughLongArm.5460 said:
    If its not the case you cannot revive while using this skill, is this not the point? You cant combo the water field, you will never be able to use it in PvP...

While the skill does seem to need improvements, you have 18 ticks of 4% revive over the duration, so its not true that you cannot res, and as to water field you have your allies to blast it, as it was on avatar 4 before.

Does the waterfield work? Can't check it myself right now, but from what I'm reading it's bugged? Same for Verdant Etchings trait.

@DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:

Reddit indicates it's a channel. So it applies immunity to condi/downed state while you channel. Boons and healing pulse 1 time per second. Res is 18 pulses over 7 seconds? Not sure how that divides evenly. Makes sense why they didn't want it affected by quickness for WvW/PvP.

I'm still fairly certain that you will be able to break the channel. So it doesn't sound as bad as some ppl are making it.

Yeah, this actually sounds super solid, I’m very eager to actually try this out

• The new glyph is very strong, especially in Astral form. It revives extremely quickly

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

From a gameplay perspective, I think Glyph of the Stars would be fun if we had a meta where the best skills had a long cast time. But with an absence of such skills, a seven second channel 90/72/58 second cooldown feels… harsh. Especially compared to how the previous elite glyph was a useful fire-and-forget verdant etching trigger to regain astral force, and the fire-and-forget nature of most skills in this game.

Plus, as has already been noted, the lack of stability is a pain.

I’m curious to see how people will play their druids now. Personally, I think without Glyph of Empowerment, the spirits are the be-all-to-end-all non-situational skills on a support build... which makes me a little sad. I wonder if the term "spirit slave" would catch on...

• Just tried the glyph. The boons suck. The listed duration is the total boons applied. It's 1-2 seconds per pulse.

I also personally really dislike the range. So it's 1200 range 360 radius. Only glyph that is ground targeted. This means you can't move the ability with you. I would much prefer a spell breaker bubble like function that follows you around for WvW. However, I guess in PvP you can drop it on a point from outside the thick of a fight. So I think it has decent res/heal potential there. The build would still lack stability though.

@Pedro Sequeira.3198 said:

@LughLongArm.5460 said:
    If its not the case you cannot revive while using this skill, is this not the point? You cant combo the water field, you will never be able to use it in PvP...

While the skill does seem to need improvements, you have 18 ticks of 4% revive over the duration, so its not true that you cannot res, and as to water field you have your allies to blast it, as it was on avatar 4 before.

Ya, I missed the auto revive part. Still don't like it. I would have preferred it to be a non channeled skill without the auto revive(only protect from damage while in downstate with the healing and boons and water field).

I've been trying to accomodate a build, no luck.
    The channeling really breaks the experience and the avatar version is kinda clunky. I can't think of a more than once or twice i could channel the skill. Usually a random scourge area or some thief is making impossible to actually see the full effect.

The animations are nice thou.

• @LughLongArm.5460 said:
    Ya, I missed the auto revive part. Still don't like it. I would have preferred it to be a non channeled skill without the auto revive(only protect from damage while in downstate with the healing and boons and water field).

I think they could make it like Plaguelands, creating an area of effect where you stand when casting the glyph...

@LughLongArm.5460 said:

I think they could make it like Plaguelands, creating an area of effect where you stand when casting the glyph...

Exactly , or like our own "healing spring" heal. I wish....

• aymnad.9023aymnad.9023 Member ✭✭
    edited April 24, 2019

For the new glyph (star) : The long range was unexpected and is really welcome, I like the animation and beeing able to reposition while casting is great and it is 10 targets ! But the cast time might be too long for pvp. Sometimes I get a full channel, sometimes I do not. I need to test it more but it looks like a 4s cast time and if it ends successfully, the area lasts 3 additional seconds would give the druid an opportunity to have impact, enemies will be able to cancel it (I do not know how much they can see the aoe and react to it but the effect seems to disappear like 1s before the end of the channeling) and it will not lock your skills for too long.
    It seems really strong in some places like in the volcanic fractals for the end boss because it completely nullifies the slime attacks + the burn at the same time but stability is better in others like siren's reef. (every elite should/can have a place and I want to try it more).

• EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Morroth.8652 said:

7 seconds....lol whut in the actual fu&*
    I'm actually wondering if this is indeed the intended cast time.

Maybe I could get it to work in pvp...maybe?

Maybe
    alacrity + pillar humping + stealth= ?

mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@Morroth.8652 said:

7 seconds....lol whut in the actual fu&*
    I'm actually wondering if this is indeed the intended cast time.

Maybe I could get it to work in pvp...maybe?

Maybe
    alacrity + pillar humping + stealth= ?

It sounds like it’s a channel which makes it significantly easier to get at least a decent amount of, especially if you were running Celestial shadow or LB since it doesn’t do damage it wouldn’t break stealth, so you could get like 3-4s off for your team.

• Holy molly 7 second? You would probably dead the time you finish the cast lol. Is this the longest casted skill in gw2?

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

And for that our pet got castrated.
    Well done.

• @InsaneQR.7412 said:
    Well done.

Well they were kinda castraded already before so... x)

• Lazze.9870Lazze.9870 Member ✭✭✭

@InsaneQR.7412 said:
    Well done.

Well they were kinda castraded already before so... x)

They have been juvenile since 2012, so might aswell be.

• enkeny.6937enkeny.6937 Member ✭✭

It could be a good skill, but it is not.
    First, don't be a channeled skill. We can't use weapon skills in CA, got a weaker pet, and now we can't use skills while doing this skill. Spirit of nature do a lot better work.
    Second, quickness shorten its duration.
    Third, a water field you can't use... go drakes!
    Forth, it is still a glyph so let Lesser Seed of Life bloom!
    Fifth, CD is long. Look the healing spring. It almost do the same for 1/3 CD!
    I haven't tested it yet, but preventing condition mean you don't get them or just cleans conditions in pulse?

@enkeny.6937 said:
    First, don't be a channeled skill. We can't use weapon skills in CA, got a weaker pet, and now we can't use skills while doing this skill. Spirit of nature do a lot better work.
    I haven't tested it yet, but preventing condition mean you don't get them or just cleans conditions in pulse?

Does both, cleanse existing conditions and prevents new conditions.

• GUFF.5692GUFF.5692 Member ✭✭
    edited April 24, 2019

I noticed the changes to glyph of rejuvenation quite a bit in my wvw full minstrel setup. Average 13k ally heals in CA and 13k self heals with average mender/monk rune stacks.

Still on the fence with the new elite glyph, lack of stability could hurt. As someone mentioned above stealthing before casting may work but I am not sure if it will help enough.

With the no down state weekend coming up in WvW this weekend may not be a good time to test this new glyph (at least the CA portion).

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2019

@Morroth.8652 said:

such a useless skill to have in pvp unless it grant other buff such as stability and prot .. 1200 range doesn't make it up.
    it doesn't seem to cast seeds of life with verdant etching trait on either

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• enkeny.6937enkeny.6937 Member ✭✭

@enkeny.6937 said:

sorry, quickness is indifferent!

@Talindra.4958 said:

@Morroth.8652 said:

such a useless skill to have in pvp unless it grant other buff such as stability and prot .. 1200 range doesn't make it up.
    it doesn't seem to cast seeds of life with verdant etching trait on either

I've been using the glyph quite a bit and it absolutely casts seed of life when traited. I find that it's a very powerful elite in both forms, stability baked into the skill would make it too strong imo. But it's not like someone else can't give you stab.

• Dedicant.6820Dedicant.6820 Member ✭✭✭

You can cast Glyph of the Stars at the very end of your Celestial Avatar time and still get the full CA version effect I think so in that case it's actually alright (you don't have to waste half the bar casting it). I think if they allow the skill to work with quickness it will be a decent choice. My main issue with the patch is moving Glyph of Unity to the utility slot. I honestly think it's just a waste of a skill slot and it would have been far more interesting to replace Glyph of Empowerment with something else rather than a watered down version of one of the worst elite skills in the game.

• Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2019

Unity wasn't the worse tbh. It's just overkill to use it but it's not a broken skill. The new Glyph of Stars have its uses but its very weak. It can cover a good distance, but the effect is stationary grounded and the caster will be channeling. Not easy having players to sit on a 7second "well". The caster is vulnerable while channeling(to interrupt etc). A situation for it to be used in CA is rare as well, the druid probably will do better healing with CA's skill than wasting astral energy channeling it. Might be useful to rally players in WvW, but that's also if the situation allows it.

Edit: The cd is a tad too long for its worth as well.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.