Mounts no longer contest points.

Kylden Ar.3724

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Except that ANET only did half the job: you shouldn't be able to capture a point on a mount either, and I've said so since the week the mount was launched. Well, give 'em a few more weeks/months I guess.

Actually you can't capture a point either. I just popped in and took a sentry... Mounted up halfway through the capture and it stopped. Dismounted and the cap continued.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Except that ANET only did half the job: you shouldn't be able to capture a point on a mount either, and I've said so since the week the mount was launched. Well, give 'em a few more weeks/months I guess.

Actually you can't capture a point either. I just popped in and took a sentry... Mounted up halfway through the capture and it stopped. Dismounted and the cap continued.

So the only fail here is the patch notes. Well that's something at least :+1:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

No, think the fail is my rush to post good news using phone and wrong wording.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

No, think the fail is my rush to post good news using phone and wrong wording.

No, you paraphrased the patch notes exactly; I walked away from reading them with the exact same idea as you. You'll see, in the next 2-3 bug fix patches we'll see over the next 48hrs they will update the patch notes to reflect that oversight, assuming of course this isn't a bug and ANET didnt intend to remove the ability to capture objectives on a map. :scream:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:Ganker Lobbyists triumph yet again, gg.Now if you could only explain what ganking has to do with capping or contesting circles on a mount...

It's been mostly that group of players have been complaining about it (well more accurately roamers have been, not just gankers). But it would be the vocal folks on the forums really getting yet another thing they wanted.

If they added a way to dismount folks this change would basically be unnecessary. In reality what's going to happen is this change is going to stack with the dismount skill/trap eventually.

@"kash.9213" said:But they didn't get rid of mount stomp. I don't care when I get stomped by a mount so much as one of my side stealing my stomp. I don't care at all if mounts can take points or not.

Well they're temporarily removing mount stomp as in its not needed with "no stomp wvw week"

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@"kash.9213" said:But they didn't get rid of mount stomp. I don't care when I get stomped by a mount so much as one of my side stealing my stomp. I don't care at all if mounts can take points or not.

Well they're temporarily removing mount stomp as in its not needed with "no stomp wvw week"

Up state is the new down state and mounted is the new up state.

@Karnasis.6892 said:

@"Svarty.8019" said:Ganker Lobbyists triumph yet again, gg.Now if you could only explain what ganking has to do with capping or contesting circles on a mount...

It's been mostly that group of players have been complaining about it (well more accurately roamers have been, not just gankers). But it would be the vocal folks on the forums really getting yet another thing they wanted.

If they added a way to dismount folks this change would basically be unnecessary. In reality what's going to happen is this change is going to stack with the dismount skill/trap eventually.

If they don't want to fight for the camp get dismounted, not want to get dismounted? Leave (most do this already lol).

Seems fair to me compared to what is happening now, what would "stack"? Having to defend a camp is a bad thing now? What was this about fighting over objectives again?

@Anput.4620 said:

@"Svarty.8019" said:Ganker Lobbyists triumph yet again, gg.Now if you could only explain what ganking has to do with capping or contesting circles on a mount...

If they don't want to fight for the camp get dismounted, not want to get dismounted? Leave (most do this already lol).

Seems fair to me compared to what is happening now, what would "stack"? Having to defend a camp is a bad thing now? What was this about fighting over objectives again?

Before the change you could just stand in the ring, to prevent the cap, but NOOO you want them easy to kill as well.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:Ganker Lobbyists triumph yet again, gg.Now if you could only explain what ganking has to do with capping or contesting circles on a mount...

Before the change you could just stand in the ring, to prevent the cap, but NOOO you want them easy to kill as well.

I mean i am as mountless as you are when you are not on a mount, so by your logic come at me and "easy kill" me then lol.

So we in a PvP mode and you say the situation where it is a staring contest is better than the one where you both fight over the camp?

@Anput.4620 said:

I mean i am as mountless as you are when you are not on a mount, so by your logic come at me and "easy kill" me then lol.

Yes, it's harder to kill someone on a mount - that's a given. They can move away quicker than someone a non-ganker-class on foot - what a surprise!

@Svarty.8019 said:

Yes, it's harder to kill someone on a mount - that's a given. They can move away quicker than
someone
a non-ganker-class on foot - what a surprise!

Ok, and your class can spam aoe damage in zergs while the other persons class sucks there, so both good at different things, got it.

So what is the problem again?

@"Anput.4620" said:

Lol, and yet again you misunderstand (no surprise there)

If they had added in a way to dismount players first, there wouldn't have been a need to make mounts unable to cap points. But what is going to happen now (most likely) is that in ADDITION to mounts not being able to cap, there will also be a dismount trap and skill down the line. And when those dismount options will be added in, they aren't going to go back and remove the change they just made, opting to leave it all in. Hence, stacking.

And my point with fighting over objectives was that YOU (yes specifically you) basically refused to fight over objectives because you don't care, you are only looking for fights after all. If you went to an objective, let's say someone who is attacking the guards and jumped them, YOU would get your fight. Now obviously it wouldn't be a "fair fight" but you got your kill right? That's what you have previously stated you care about. And on top of that you might have gotten a free camp or defended a camp depending on who owned it. That's why you fight over objectives, because believe it or not, you get more fights from ATTACKING things than you do from running around the map blindly. Make THEM come to YOU. Mounts never changed that.

@Karnasis.6892 said:

@"Anput.4620" said:

Lol, and yet again you misunderstand (no surprise there)

If they had added in a way to dismount players first, there wouldn't have been a need to make mounts unable to cap points. But what is going to happen now (most likely) is that in ADDITION to mounts not being able to cap, there will also be a dismount trap and skill down the line. And when those dismount options will be added in, they aren't going to go back and remove the change they just made, opting to leave it all in. Hence, stacking.

And my point with fighting over objectives was that YOU (yes specifically you) basically refused to fight over objectives because you don't care, you are only looking for fights after all. If you went to an objective, let's say someone who is attacking the guards and jumped them, YOU would get your fight. Now obviously it wouldn't be a "fair fight" but you got your kill right? That's what you have previously stated you care about. And on top of that you might have gotten a free camp or defended a camp depending on who owned it. That's why you fight over objectives, because believe it or not, you get more fights from ATTACKING things than you do from running around the map blindly. Make THEM come to YOU. Mounts never changed that.

Why not? Why can't we have both, reward the player that dismounts themselves, let the player that wants to stay on the mount come down to fight. If you don't dismount them, yet they stay on mount then more capping time for you. Why does it matter if it stacks if the player that sits on the mount and is not willing to take the camp has zero right to the camp anyways.

Also, if i take a camp 9/10 times if sometimes comes in solo to the camp they turn around when they see a player there. Also, players comming to attack you more often than not results its a 3+vs1 while looking on my own i could look for 1vs1/2s.

Why are you so obsessed with taking camps anyways? What's so glorious about hitting those PvE mobs? Why do you care so much when winning doesn't matter and taking stuff is only for the players own pips?