Question about exotic breeds mount license and war eternal supply drop.

The new exotic breeds mount license, which is scheduled to be released next week, will contain 15 skins. With the war eternal supply drop, it is possible to obtain, early, one or two of these.

Now, the normal pricing for a 15 skins mount license is as follow :1 for 400 gems5 for 1800 gems15 for 5100 gems

Lets say I buy the war eternal, I will get a skin, which means that I will have 14 skins left to buy if I want them all. There will be three choices for me :1 : I buy 14 licenses individually for 5600 gemsResult : I bought only what I needed, but I paid MORE than the price for 15, which is illogical2 : I buy two packs of 5 licenses for 3600 gems (400 gems saved) and 4 individuel ones for 1600 gems, total price of 5200 gemsResult : I have saved money and bought only what I needed, but still paid more than the price for 15, which is illogical3 : I buy 15 for 5100 gemsResult : I got all the skins for the cheapest possible price, but I paid for more licenses than what I needed.

In conclusion : the war eternal supply makes me save absolutely nothing on the whole pack of skins because, in the end, I will still have to buy 15 licences or else I would overpay anyway.

My question is : will there be any kind of discount on the full pack for those that already unlocked a skin or two from the war eternal supply drop ? If not, players like me just get ripped off and that would discourage me from buying the pack.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Why would you buy the supply drops for the mount skins if you were planning to buy all of the skins anyway?

Because of the other items in the pack. My point remains : the skins in the pack account for part of the price of it. If I had the choice, I would buy the pack cheaper minus the mount skins (because I would buy them anyway). However, that is not an option. The end result stays the same : I would pay for a mount skin (or two) twice.

Actually, you get two skins, one mount select license from the new set, and you can opt to either get a mount select license from a previous pack or a random adoption certificate for the new set.

By the way, you can already preview the new skins in the hero panel. If there's only a few you really want, that mount select license is nice. I'm kind of a mount junkie, but I am not blown away by this pack. Not as exciting as the last few, though there are some nice ones in it. And no warclaw skins. :(

@Joraan Adenard.2061 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Why would you buy the supply drops for the mount skins if you were planning to buy all of the skins anyway?

Because of the other items in the pack. My point remains : the skins in the pack account for part of the price of it. If I had the choice, I would buy the pack cheaper minus the mount skins (because I would buy them anyway). However, that is not an option. The end result stays the same : I would pay for a mount skin (or two) twice.

Don’t use the mount selector contract, unlock all of the other mount skins, and then ask for a refund for that portion.

Don't mount select licenses usually cost 1200 gems? If there are only a couple that you really want -- and I realize the OP mentioned possibly wanting them all -- then I think the package is a good deal. This Exotic Breeds group of 15 has only two I really like, and the rest seem to be getting the various skin sets "caught up," so to speak, like a starry one for the beetle and so on.

15 Exotic Breeds licences: 5,100 gems.War Eternal pack (contains 2 Exotic Breeds licences) + 2 packs of 5 Exotic Breeds licences + 3 individual Exotic Breeds licences (for a total of 15) = 7,200 gems.

So if you take that option you're effectively paying 2,100 gems for everything else in the War Eternal pack. So then the question is whether the other stuff is worth that much to you. If so then buy it, if not then don't.

(If you do go that route I recommend using the select licence for the mount skin you want most, then using the 1 random licence from the War Eternal pack and the 11 bought bundles, then looking at which 3 skins you're missing and deciding if they're really worth buying individually. If you get lucky you might only be missing 3 you don't really like, and could save yourself another 1,200 gems.)

@"Witch of Doom.5739" said:Don't mount select licenses usually cost 1200 gems? If there are only a couple that you really want -- and I realize the OP mentioned possibly wanting them all -- then I think the package is a good deal. This Exotic Breeds group of 15 has only two I really like, and the rest seem to be getting the various skin sets "caught up," so to speak, like a starry one for the beetle and so on.

You're right, select licences are usually 1,200 gems. But if you want to get all 15 skins in a set it makes more sense to buy 15 random licences. They're guaranteed not to give you a skin you already have so if you buy 15 there's no random element, you just get all the skins and it's a lot cheaper.