WvW leveling/rewards

LaFurion.3167

I don't like the fact that if you want to gain pips or wvw levels or rewards even (which are basically the worst of any game mode) in wvw, then you get more by joining a blob rather than fighting in wvw.

I am a roamer at heart, but current working towards my astralaria. Missing around 50 or so spirit shards, so head into wvw and try to roam before I realize I'm getting crumbs.

Join a blob that flips camps and takes towers and the exp gains go up by a huge margin. Feels like this game mode isn't so much pvp anymore as it is pve in pvp.... any one else feel the same? The pip system could have helped to fix roamers and small scale fighters playing their part (disrupting zergs, killing stragglers, scouting, killing dolyaks) but in reality the blob always gets more in every way with 0 threat to everyone in the blob unless another blob shows up.

How could this change? Will it ever?

I'll sadly be joining blobs to just tag mobs and stand in red/blue circles until I have enough spirit shards I guess...

WvWvW was always Team Play. It wasn't GvG, it wasn't PvP. It was Server vs. Server vs. Server. If you weren't capturing, if you weren't fighting or defending against another group, if you weren't harassing enemy supply lines, well...then you weren't helping the team. I've told people for years, if your more PvP, there's a PvP lobby and you can go 1 vs 1 or small group vs small group all you want. But lots of the PvP people for some reason got bored and went into WvW….and still refused to help the team. They were off in one spot...1 vs 1. And then they cry when they get their asses ran over, when they happened to be in the way of the zerg. There was a PvP part of the game, and it's not those in WvW fault, that you got BORED with your own damn content of the game.

You don't have a couple thousand tomes of knowledge sitting around in the bank like every other wvw player? :)

You're probably going to mostly get shards and tomes out of the reward tracks or the boxes that give shards in the rewards track, so all you need to do is maintain tier 6 participation, and running in a zerg isn't required for that. I would suggest the gift of battle reward track. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Battle_Item_Reward_Track

Yup, it's a k-train. Try playing a healing class, and going head-to-head with some of the amazing guild groups out there... The rewards are absolute GARBAGE. You don't get bags, XP, or anything for supporting the group....you just go to your second job, and mindlessly push buttons until a wipe/win, and then carry on. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Great system.

@Liah.8324 said:Yup, it's a k-train. Try playing a healing class, and going head-to-head with some of the amazing guild groups out thereYou don't get bags, XP, or anything for supporting the group....you just go to your second job, and mindlessly push buttons until a wipe/win, and then carry on. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Great system.

That sucks indeed.Strange they didn't find a way to fix it somehow.

@LaFurion.3167 said:I don't like the fact that if you want to gain pips or wvw levels or rewards even (which are basically the worst of any game mode) in wvw, then you get more by joining a blob rather than fighting in wvw.Pips have absolutely nothing to do with joining the blob though, so thats wrong. For the other things its correct.

@Klipso.8653 said:Bigger fights are bigger fun. Having a 3-way fight between 40+ zergs is some of my favorite times in WvW

Why is there no map that caters to this? I envision a large triangle with a walled spawn in each corner. 40 (maybe 50) man cap for each realm. Run in to the center and fight, die, repeat. No objectives, just mayhem.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

@Klipso.8653 said:Bigger fights are bigger fun. Having a 3-way fight between 40+ zergs is some of my favorite times in WvW

Why is there no map that caters to this? I envision a large triangle with a walled spawn in each corner. 40 (maybe 50) man cap for each realm. Run in to the center and fight, die, repeat. No objectives, just mayhem.

You mean like EB?

@steki.1478 said:

You mean like EB?

That still has objectives (and a HUUUGE one in the center of the map, no less)... I mean a map just for open-field squad-based mayhem. For that matter, let all sides see the population of the other realms so they can know when the numbers are balanced enough to jump in.

I dunno... I feel like that would be a better overflow map than EoTM turned out to be.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

You mean like EB?

That still has objectives (and a HUUUGE one in the center of the map, no less)... I mean a map just for open-field squad-based mayhem. For that matter, let all sides see the population of the other realms so they can know when the numbers are balanced enough to jump in.

I dunno... I feel like that would be a better overflow map than EoTM turned out to be.

Eotm doesn't have anything in the center and objectives don't mean anything anyway due to 2 hour matchups.