Stats not matching on the Equipment panel.

Sometimes the stats displayed on the Hero: Equipment tab seem not correct. For example my elementalist has 18,035 HP on the equipment tab, but 19,839 on the skill bar (exactly the same shown by the build editor). The thief on the other hand has 5% less precision than the one displayed by the build editor (same gear, skills and traits, considering the recent balance patch as well). Who should I trust, the equipment tab or the editor?

Normally, Trust both.

The build editor is applying some buffs to stats from traits, like ones where you are near allies like Spotter and Strenght in numbers while the game does not show these unless you actively have the buff on you.for example Spotter gives you 100 extra precision, so on the build editor it shows 100 precision (+4.76 crit chance) if you have it, but in game you have to be near an ally and in combat to get spotter activate and give you 100 extra precision to show up in the equipment tab.

In your theif's case, I am betting it's a Deadeye and you have put the "silent scope" trait on it, however it might not have rifle as it's active weapon. The trait gives a flat +5% crit but it also gives an extra +5% crit ONLY to the rifle when you have as your active weapon, if you have pistols, sword or daggers as your active weapon they are only getting the 5% it hence why the 5% less precision, so swap to your rifle and the extra 5% crit should be there.

For elementalist it seems like there is a bug with the build editor. the only Vitality trait is Master's Fortuide.Master's Fortuide for some reason that trait within the editor it's applying Vitality despite the sword not being chosen for some reason.It should only be giving you vitality if you have a sword equipped. i think the extra parts are applied if a sword is equipped too."Gain increased vitality when wielding a sword. Gain bonus vitality based on a portion of your power and condition damage. "From the wiki I think we should report it.

Basically the build editor is showing what your stats would be in battle. while the in game equipment tab updates based on your environment.Normally after a balance patch you should normally wait until they update it, if anything major has changed.

Thanks a lot for the reply, @crazyhusky.2985 . The thief is a Daredevil, but I think the trait that gives me this +5% crit is Keen Observer. The build editor shows a +5% the moment I choose the skill tree indeed. I also thought it was something related to the in-combat status, so I also checked the Equipment tab while in a fight, and it was still -5%. I could reach 96% crit in combat, with fury, while the build editor shows 81% without fury. I'll try to unequip Critical Strikes and see if there is still a difference.

The elementalist is a Tempest, so no sword equipped. I think that I found the reason: the runes of Balthazar (from 18k to 19,8k is indeed +10% HP).

Ok, sorry for the double post. I confirm: the buff of Keen Observer doesn't work (or at least is not shown on the profile).If I equip and unequip the skill tree, the crit chance is the same. If I have Critical Strike, when I start the combat (so my HP is >90%) the crit chance is still the same as not having the trait/skill tree at all.

So I guess the problem is just on this trait (and that the equipment tab doesn't consider some effect of the runes, in the case of the Balthazar runes). It's fine to don't show it on the profile, I guess, since it's a condition, but it should be displayed while in combat.