New Ring of Earth

Hey there !

Some quick topic to share my thoughts on the new ring of earth skill !While I really enjoy the revamp of the oldest skills of dagger main hand , I'm quite sad about the time and effort of some of these skill effects. I know it might be hard to create new ones so picking ones already in game is smart.

But on this specific skill (Ring of earth I mean) It really doesn't look good and is kinda out of realism (I know we're talking about a fantasy world but still)

Let me illustre with a printscreen:

CHTP36b.jpg

So we can totally recognize here the animation from earth overload !

2fpCgJd.jpg

While the peripheral rocks are pretty good use for the skill effect, that center Pillar is pretty meh and the ele is basically in that pillar . A quick adjustment (from my point of view) would be to remove that central rock from Ring of earth since it has basically no use .

You could say "the rock is basically launching you in the air " but the effect is clunky and doesn't fit in to me.

PS: the new convergence could have get a real lightning bolt too and not just the lesser version of lesser orbital strike. The slight change of color triggers me since almost every single other bolt are blueish - indigo on ele while this one is pure white. But ring of earth is the bigger case here.

In any case, thanks for the hard work to make ele great again without making too OP again (back to 2014 tho)

Same. I'm pretty finicky about clipping and I'm not really seeing the issue OP is trying to point out. If you still-frame most animations, you're going to see some hilarious/horrifying things (stretch animation) you'd never notice in motion.

Personally I like how you can move while using it and it looks like your character leaps off the rock for the second part of the attack or use it while standing still it looks like you're 'pounding' a wave of earth around you.

I also really like the new Earth 3. As a core ele or tempest, a new thing I like to do is do burning speed/earth/earthen rush back to the fire field. The attack is very forgiving and as long as your trajectory touched the enemy at any point they'll get hit with the immobilize.

Overall the new Earth 3 isn't as big a leap as the old Earth 3, but it goes out much quicker, counts as an evade, and combined with off-hand dagger, you can send yourself flying around the field.

New Air 2 (Convergence) is also really good. There's a delay but you can precast it (the part where it hits you) and move into position to strike enemies around you.

I've been having fun with core ele d/d and tempest d/w. I'm pretty good with these changes. I'll have to try weaver dagger and mess around some more in pvp/wvw later.

The rock effects are just clipping with the character hitbox so ... for me It HAS to be changed . Imagine if you would cast water overload and the character was partially outside of the bubble ... Wouldn't be great right?

An easy fix would be (as I said) to remove the center rock from the effect but now ... it's anet's decision to do whatever they want. If they don't want to "fix"/change it then it's their choice.