Exotic Breeds missing Warclaw skins!

ori.5829

@Aury.1367 said:

@runeblade.7514 said:No. I rather have WvW mount skins and PvE mount skins stay separate.

WvW won't get skins they can't use, PvE won't get skins they don't need.

you are aware that I was referencing the exotic breed pack which is choice only? You actually pick them. Please read before you answer.

It's not going to be choice only. At the bottom of the news article it says "The new Exotic Breeds Mount Select License and Exotic Breeds Mount Adoption License will be available for individual purchase next week." select licences are the ones where you get to choose, adoption licences are random. Like all the previous licences (except the very first one) this pack will have both options.

And I suspect @runeblade.7514 is right that they want to keep warclaw skins seperate. People complained enough about getting griffon skins before they had a griffon, or getting skins for mounts they don't use unless absolutely necessary. Having introduced the Warclaw as a dedicated WvW mount which is purely cosmetic in PvE I suspect they'd frustrate both PvE players who don't have it and WvW players who don't have or don't use other mounts if the skins were all mixed in together.

Of course that approach won't suit everyone. I'd like to buy some Warclaw skins but didn't like enough from the 5-pack to justify the price, and if that's the only way we're going to get skins for it I'm probably going to end up sticking with the base skin. But I guess Anet thought this was the best way to handle it, at least for now.

@Aury.1367 said:

@runeblade.7514 said:No. I rather have WvW mount skins and PvE mount skins stay separate.

WvW won't get skins they can't use, PvE won't get skins they don't need.

you are aware that I was referencing the exotic breed pack which is choice only? You actually pick them

Please read before you answer.

There I have changed it so your comment also counts for you 2 :D

Even Week 1 has an option to choose an Exotic Breeds Mounts Adoption License. Third choice of what's included in Week One.

"Your choice of one Desert Racer, Distant Lands, or Istani Isles Mount Select License; or an Exotic Breeds Mount Adoption License"

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/ancient-rituals-and-valuable-supplies-in-the-gem-store/

I was kind of hoping for a bengal or Siberian tiger for my warclaw. :( I never bought the warclaw mount pack because like three of the skins looked exactly like the base skin to me.... I mean, really, some of these mount packs make me seriously question if there’s an actual difference or if it’s just different dyes on the original skin with additional changes to bloat the cost... These packs would probably do a lot better if half the skins were more than just having spots or stripes in different places or features of such a small difference it takes 5 minutes just to spot. The roller beetles have kind of fallen into this quite a bit as well. Unless I just overlooked the differences in the faces or something.

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:

@Ben K.6238 said:Yeah, no Skyscale is a bit odd and leaves me wondering if they forgot something. Adding them in later would not go down well either.

Why would they add a mount thats not even out yet? That would be stupid.

Because it means the mount skin pack that will be current at the time when the new mount is released won't have any skins for the new mount.

I don't need to explain why that's not good marketing. It would have been better to wait until the new mount was available, and release the new skin pack with skins for the new mount - like they did with the rollerbeetle.

@Ben K.6238 said:

@Ben K.6238 said:Yeah, no Skyscale is a bit odd and leaves me wondering if they forgot something. Adding them in later would not go down well either.

Because it means the mount skin pack that will be current at the time when the new mount is released won't have any skins for the new mount.

I don't need to explain why that's not good marketing. It would have been better to wait until the new mount was available, and release the new skin pack with skins for the new mount - like they did with the rollerbeetle.

You can be sure that Skyscale will probably get a mount-pack similar to Warclaw around a week later.

It's possible that the next premium 2k mount skin will be sky claw

Was the same with the armadillo iirc? Which makes more sense for them too. A premium skyclaw is likely to have higher potential for sales, if such a premium mount is intended. If so, they will delay any pleb skins so the prem is in the spotlight

@Ben K.6238 said:

The Skyscale will probably, like the Rollerbeetle, first get a 2k premium skin before there's any skins in adoption licenses for it.

For the beetle, there were several months correction: almost a month between the Tremor Armadillo and the first Adoption License containing Beetle skins, while the Armadillo came only two weeks after the episode launched.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Ben K.6238" said:Because it means the mount skin pack that will be current at the time when the new mount is released won't have any skins for the new mount.

The Skyscale will probably, like the Rollerbeetle, first get a 2k premium skin before there's any skins in adoption licenses for it.

For the beetle, there were
several months
between the Tremor Armadillo and the first Adoption License containing Beetle skins, while the Armadillo came only
two weeks
after the episode launched.

It was one month actually. Long Live the Lich was released June 26: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/long-live-the-lich-is-live/The Tremor Armadillo was released July 10: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/rumble-the-road-with-a-tremor-armadillo/The Desert Racer skins came out after another 3 weeks, on July 31: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/roll-out-in-style-with-the-desert-racer-mount-skin-collection/

@"cptaylor.2670" said:I was kind of hoping for a bengal or Siberian tiger for my warclaw. :( I never bought the warclaw mount pack because like three of the skins looked exactly like the base skin to me.... I mean, really, some of these mount packs make me seriously question if there’s an actual difference or if it’s just different dyes on the original skin with additional changes to bloat the cost... These packs would probably do a lot better if half the skins were more than just having spots or stripes in different places or features of such a small difference it takes 5 minutes just to spot. The roller beetles have kind of fallen into this quite a bit as well. Unless I just overlooked the differences in the faces or something.

Different skins made to appeal to different people. Top of my wishlist for mount skins, back before any of them were available and we were still speculating on what Anet would make and how they'd be available, was skins which look exactly like the originals but with more dye channels. That's the main reason I found mount skins frustrating at first - we had novelty Halloween skins with skeletons painted on and Wintersday skins with bells and hats and a peacock raptor but for a long time the only way to get basic mount skins was by buying the original RNG adoption licences and hoping you got ones you wanted from a set of 30.

A lot of my characters use relatively plain "realistic" (for Tyria) skins, so I don't necessarily want them riding a glowing mount made of fire or space or whatever, I want one which looks like they could have gotten it from the trainers in Elona, but a bit more tailored to their colour scheme, so

Having said that the warclaw pack was disappointing for me too. I don't need more than 1 'basic' skin for each mount, and the only other warclaw skin I liked was the branded one, and I didn't want to buy the whole pack for 2 skins.

@Ben K.6238 said:

@Ben K.6238 said:Because it means the mount skin pack that will be current at the time when the new mount is released won't have any skins for the new mount.

For the beetle, there were
several months
between the Tremor Armadillo and the first Adoption License containing Beetle skins, while the Armadillo came only
two weeks
after the episode launched.

It was one month actually. Long Live the Lich was released June 26:
The Tremor Armadillo was released July 10:
The Desert Racer skins came out after another 3 weeks, on July 31:

Huh! Apologies! I was going off the Notes on the wiki article, which apparently was incorrect!Correcting my post above.