Hey Healing Revenants, how do you like the new change?

Knighthonor.4061

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heal Rev has not changed enough for it to see more play in WvW.

You still play the same traits as before.

You even loose a tiny bit of healpower on the high end.

120 Thoughness and 7% into Healpower gave slightly more HP then 120 HP and 7% into concentration.

To sum it up:

• Staff is slightly better at healing.
  • You loose a bit of Healpower for extra Boonduration.

Thats it.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Heal Rev has not changed enough for it to see more play in WvW.

120 Thoughness and 7% into Healpower gave slightly more HP then 120 HP and 7% into concentration.

To sum it up:

Thats it.

I agree. Staff is slightly better. But must admit Generous Abundance is a charm compared to before. honestly believe this should been the stock healing mechanics for Ventari and traits modify it from there.

I found it pretty powerful as a healer, maybe a bit too much granted your allies stays around you.With the Regeneration Boon(460), Steadfast Rejuvenation(248), Ventari's Facet(1104 every 3s) staff's AA+ Water sigil procs, I passively grant 1k healing/s around me.I use glint to grant perma Protection Regeneration and Fury when needed.While in Glint I still can dishout a lot of healing from staff 2&4, auto attacks, and shield 4,and of course the passives regens.(I'm not even talking about orbs that you can spam)

Here is the build I use :http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAW8unnN2gSyJvQRRlbospyPUYT5IKIs8ElFZlZNjRKRNgEiwO6t/G-jxxGQBEU5HH2fgc6Gon6P97JAAgLCwEVCSKA/mZB-eDwayna Rune + Elder's Respite for 40% more effective Regeneration boons.

I tend to use minstrel as a healer but since the healing power is fairly High I'm pretty sure you can mixup Harrier with Diviner and do well with it.I used it for my daily T4 and it was a breeze, the extra vigor is a nice addition to the mix.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Heal Rev has not changed enough for it to see more play in WvW.

To sum it up:

Thats it.

I agree. Staff is slightly better. But must admit Generous Abundance is a charm compared to before. honestly believe this should been the stock healing mechanics for Ventari and traits modify it from there.

For an example.On the really high end, Regen heals for 8 less per second but you gain around 10 % more Boon Duration.

@Knox.8962 said:

@"Daniel Handler.4816" said:I would appreciate if facets worked with Generous Abundance. And Healer's Gift was a heal on dodge, not a heal on pick up,

Don't they trigger the trait when you consume the facets?

In game tooltip says "Dragon Facet skills cannot activate this trait.:" And I've confirmed that is accurate with the passive and active. I'm assuming there is some technical limitation.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:I would appreciate if facets worked with Generous Abundance. And Healer's Gift was a heal on dodge, not a heal on pick up,

Don't they trigger the trait when you consume the facets?

In game tooltip says "Dragon Facet skills cannot activate this trait.:" And I've confirmed that is accurate with the passive and active. I'm assuming there is some technical limitation.

I assume it would be too easy to exploit the heal

I don't like losing my regen pulsing adept trait for some shitty vigor on orb. Those regen ticks were 600-700 a pop, helped a lot for when allies spread out to keep those regen ticks patching them up, and the regen application boosted my rune of the monk procs.

Now the adept tier is highly unattractive to me. People swear by a 20% heal increase at above 75% trait but the fact is when people most need healing is when none in the group are actually above 75%, so this trait is virtually useless to me.

That leaves me with only the crappy 4 seconds of vigor on healing orbs.

@Zenith.7301 said:I don't like losing my regen pulsing adept trait for some kitten vigor on orb. Those regen ticks were 600-700 a pop, helped a lot for when allies spread out to keep those regen ticks patching them up, and the regen application boosted my rune of the monk procs.

Now the adept tier is highly unattractive to me. People swear by a 20% heal increase at above 75% trait but the fact is when people most need healing is when none in the group are actually above 75%, so this trait is virtually useless to me.

That leaves me with only the crappy 4 seconds of vigor on healing orbs.

I agree, losing that regeneration is sad. Guess we'll have to chase'n'smack our alies with tablet more than we do right now.

Most new things are underwhelming. If healing orbs give something more than little healing then maybe, vigor trait is not even worth to take and lose 20% more healing. If orbs give some other boons too like regen or might or fury or protection then maybe it would be different but for now, old salvation traits that boost healing are better than new ones.

Hmmm, how do I put it nicely?

-We went from four trash traits to four traits about orbs (so not much changed there).-We got two new Retribution 2.0 traits in Salvation.-We got the only reliable access to regeneration stripped from the healing-focused traitline.-We got healing nerfed on Ventari's Will.-We got icons that actually fit the pacifist traitline and that aren't suspiciously demonic.-We got a new rez trait. Oh wait just kidding, we are still the only class with no rez traits or skills.-We got healing implemented into staff 2.

Basically, the only update support Revenant (different from self-healing Revenant or orb-hunting Revenant) got was the staff 2 update. While it did come as an arguable nerf to the flexibility of the skill, it is a nice (but not game-changing) addition to the kit. Unlike a certain three-letter word. Frankly the focus on the embarrassingly out of touch orb mechanic feels like a cruel joke and a slap in the face. Today was a step forward for bunkerrevdom, but a step in the totally wrong direction for supportrevdom. Are orbs really our future?

On a more positive note, Ancient Echo is a very nice addition to the core class (and no, not the alacrity for Ventari).

@Knighthonor.4061 said:somebody made a suggestion a while ago about having the healing frags come to allies. I believe that would be great for this current addition.

When I was posting about the orb mechanic few years back I made a suggestion that they could fly towards most injured allies in close proximity when Revenant weapon swaps.

And that Protective Solace bubble could drag orbs inside it along with Tablet movements.

We could use another rune similar to the old Dwayna, it supplemented the non-Glint healing builds nicely.

Losing the AoE regen from tablet didn't feel to nice. No one's picking those orbs up especially in WvW when most fights are moving to some direction all the time so it's just RNG if someone happens to stumble upon one. Comparing to the even more visible Energy Expulsion fragments, no one's picking even those.

@Morvar.9864 said:Losing the AoE regen from tablet didn't feel to nice. No one's picking those orbs up especially in WvW when most fights are moving to some direction all the time so it's just RNG if someone happens to stumble upon one. Comparing to the even more visible Energy Expulsion fragments, no one's picking even

Feels more in theme, but still to hard to play due aoe radios, that didn’t change much

A button needs to be added to the players that need heal so they can push orbs when they are in range of them

Some button like the one we have to cast blood logic on bosses over the skillbar

I've never liked the idea of healing orbs. They're barely visible for the revenant, let alone your allies. Is this for PvE or what is the use of this?

The vigor trait is also pretty bad. As far as I know, it only grants vigor to the person that picked it up and not in a radius around them as it probably should have been. Even then, it's just boring and unimaginative.

Honestly I wish they would make the little rings/healing orbs we spawn into like Will-o-Wisps that rush out to friendly players and heal them; Thus making them more effective as right now they sit there and most people EVEN guildies sometimes ignore them. It's a minor thing but it would decently make it feel more complete as its like a different form of druidism at least in theme?

The druid only changes into a wisp and moves around; So why not make it that we summon a bunch of wisps (Souls of fallen druids) When we attack to circle us, and leap to allies to heal them offering a burst of health and regen. This would make us like a druidic warrior priest which sounds so badass; And would give staff alot more in the way of utility outside of hard cc and decent damage. PLUS IT WOULD LOOK SO GOOD WITH LEGENDARY STUFF. More projectiles, more theme and even more cool utility and variation, this would make ventari look cool and feel more druidic?

Plus it also means you'd been even more reliable as a healer between you, the tablet and wisps everyone should be get'n some love'n somewhere.