Dismount before entering a Capture Ring

SweetPotato.7456

Since one cannot cap an objective while mounted, why not make it so while mounted , you cannot enter the contest ring.ReasonAfter running 100000 miles to enemy territory, kill all the guards and dredge/frog army, while trying to cap the ring, someone ran into it while mounted and killed me.

so I suggest that you will be knock back if you even tried to enter a ring that is being cap while mounted.

I say remove mount from WvW, because its getting nerf to nothing anyway, why even keep it, the one thing that is actually really unfair and in-balance, is making people buy expansion to be able to get a mount in WvW , yet that request was ignored and some stupid player who cannot dismount someone in a small contest ring whined, QQed immediately gets the mount nerfed.

your argument of paying attention is moot because if that is the case, then that person who QQed and get mount contesting a ring nerf, can pay attention too and dismount people without whining , Why give a mount that cannot do anything at all in a game mode that ins suppose to be competitive mode.

@"SweetPotato.7456" said:I say remove mount from WvW, because its getting nerf to nothing anyway, why even keep it, the one thing that is actually really unfair and in-balance, is making people buy expansion to be able to get a mount in WvW , yet that request was ignored and some stupid player who cannot dismount someone in a small contest ring whined, QQed immediately gets the mount nerfed.

your argument of paying attention is moot because if that is the case, then that person who QQed and get mount contesting a ring nerf, can pay attention too and dismount people without whining , Why give a mount that cannot do anything at all in a game mode that ins suppose to be competitive mode.When the mount is "nerfed to nothing" you don't need to buy the expansion anymore.

Camp contest rings are not necessarily small. On top of that they have obstacles to kite around.

/logic

You did misplay and now want the game mechanic to adjust to your misplay. That's not how things work.

You totally don't get this post. Ring size differs yes, but how big can it be that you can't dismount a player to get them off the ring? you want to /logic with me? don't make me laugh. my /logic is, if that guy QQed and get mount unable to contest a ring, then mount by /logic cannot enter the ring when it being contested. /logic.

@SweetPotato.7456 said:I say remove mount from WvW, because its getting nerf to nothing anyway, why even keep it, the one thing that is actually really unfair and in-balance, is making people buy expansion to be able to get a mount in WvW , yet that request was ignored and some stupid player who cannot dismount someone in a small contest ring whined, QQed immediately gets the mount nerfed.

your argument of paying attention is moot because if that is the case, then that person who QQed and get mount contesting a ring nerf, can pay attention too and dismount people without whining , Why give a mount that cannot do anything at all in a game mode that ins suppose to be competitive mode.Complaining about QQ while going on a QQ rant on nerfs. Nice.

If this was the argument there would be no WvW. Anet would have shut WvW down after the orbs where removed, because why even keep WvW anyway then, due to some stupid players exploiting it.

@Gop.8713 said:

@"friendly one.5781" said:I think the threadmaker is a troll x)

Yeah it really does kind of make no sense. Making the guy dismount before he entered the ring wouldn't have kept him from killing OP . . .

The question really is: what does the change to "no capping while mounted" even accomplish? Without an answer to that, any discussion makes no sense. Why has the change been made, what was the problem that it solves? I have no idea.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Yeah it really does kind of make no sense. Making the guy dismount before he entered the ring wouldn't have kept him from killing OP . . .

The question really is: what does the change to "no capping while mounted" even accomplish? Without an answer to that, any discussion makes no sense. Why has the change been made, what was the problem that it solves? I have no idea.

so ppl can't use the warclaw to tank extra damage when trying to cap a point

@Faaris.8013 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

It was a dilatory tactic. Like if you're the first one to a camp defense and the circle is up but you don't think you can win pvp bc bad numbers/matchup w/e you could dance around on your mount for a bit to give your allies time to arrive. Or even if no one was coming you could prolly make it until the guards started to respawn . . .

A lot of the time I would just stand in the circle to see what the other ppl would do. That's most of the fun in wvw, seeing how other ppl react to the things you do . . .

@"Gop.8713" said:It was a dilatory tactic. Like if you're the first one to a camp defense and the circle is up but you don't think you can win pvp bc bad numbers/matchup w/e you could dance around on your mount for a bit to give your allies time to arrive. Or even if no one was coming you could prolly make it until the guards started to respawn . . .

A lot of the time I would just stand in the circle to see what the other ppl would do. That's most of the fun in wvw, seeing how other ppl react to the things you do . . .

Ok, if that worked, fine, the change solves this issue. I encountered such attempts, but as thief with pistols I was always able to dismount these suckers quickly, and I know rangers can do that too. There were solutions to it in the game. Recently we were three people peacefully trying to cap a land mark when an engineer showed up and just stayed in the circle. He was set up to just annoy people because he couldn't do any damage but had unlimited invulnerability, evades, heals and barriers. After a minute or two "fighting" him I just stopped and watched. He then just left us alone, probably getting bored. There will always be ways to play the game in that manner, and most of the time there are ingame solutions. I had none for the engi though, but Anet doesn't attempt to change those endless invulnerability states. Just two words: Dolyak Stance.

I just don't see that a change of game mechanics was the best way to go.

oh, believe me, i am not trolling, either remove warclaw from WvW or stop nerfing them, they are already useless now. It;s a joke.

In the mean time I think Anet should nerf 1 player being able to troll a whole server for more than half an hour because they are on hacking build like this engineer player, A screenshot I took few days back, 1 enemy engineer contesting the camp ring, then continue to contest the keep waypoint, forever, because they can invisible for a long duration and have insane amount of heal , 5 persons just chasing 1 guy should be nerf. Reason to nerf it is because "I couldnt chase them down to kill them." they keep running away.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DcvUzBx4WAiuY6wd9

So you are basically crying that youre one of those 5 guys and you cant gank someone one a mount? seriously? You know that you can demount them pretty easily if you put in some effort? Maybe dont hit with some autoattack but mount up yourself, wait for them to waste their dodges then mount1 and nuke it. Done it several times and its freaking easy. I dont know with what 4 other guys you "roam" but you should consider getting better. Simple as that.

@"Aury.1367" said:So you are basically crying that youre one of those 5 guys and you cant gank someone one a mount? seriously? You know that you can demount them pretty easily if you put in some effort? Maybe dont hit with some autoattack but mount up yourself, wait for them to waste their dodges then mount1 and nuke it. Done it several times and its freaking easy. I dont know with what 4 other guys you "roam" but you should consider getting better. Simple as that.

That is a comparison to the guy who cry about being unable to dismount player contesting with mount. And, since Anet so carebear to nerf the mount for something menial like that, they should nerf the enginner too. /logic

@SweetPotato.7456 said:

@"Aury.1367" said:So you are basically crying that youre one of those 5 guys and you cant gank someone one a mount? seriously? You know that you can demount them pretty easily if you put in some effort? Maybe dont hit with some autoattack but mount up yourself, wait for them to waste their dodges then mount1 and nuke it. Done it several times and its freaking easy. I dont know with what 4 other guys you "roam" but you should consider getting better. Simple as that.

That is a comparison to the guy who cry about being unable to dismount player contesting with mount. And, since Anet so carebear to nerf the mount for something menial like that, they should nerf the enginner too. /logic

1. You can no longer contest with mount.
  2. You can easily demount people if you know what skills to press.
  3. Wrong forum for engineer-nerf request

@Aury.1367 said:

@Aury.1367 said:So you are basically crying that youre one of those 5 guys and you cant gank someone one a mount? seriously? You know that you can demount them pretty easily if you put in some effort? Maybe dont hit with some autoattack but mount up yourself, wait for them to waste their dodges then mount1 and nuke it. Done it several times and its freaking easy. I dont know with what 4 other guys you "roam" but you should consider getting better. Simple as that.

You are answering all my posts wrong then, you don't even know what this post is about.before warclaw was even out1) i asked for warclaw to be obtainable without buying expansion .2) i asked for warclaw to be dismounted or distracted with traps.^^ those are to covered for wvw so that it is fun to play with the new mount for everyone.

But it was ignored, Warclaw was out, all the people start to whine about it until it is what it is today, useless. Instead of balancing the wvw profession skills balance they focus on making Warclaw even more hell to have, lag your game to hell and make it uselessness.

the only solution is to remove it from WvW.

@SweetPotato.7456 said:

@Aury.1367 said:So you are basically crying that youre one of those 5 guys and you cant gank someone one a mount? seriously? You know that you can demount them pretty easily if you put in some effort? Maybe dont hit with some autoattack but mount up yourself, wait for them to waste their dodges then mount1 and nuke it. Done it several times and its freaking easy. I dont know with what 4 other guys you "roam" but you should consider getting better. Simple as that.

You are answering all my posts wrong then, you don't even know what this post is about.before warclaw was even out1) i asked for warclaw to be obtainable without buying expansion .2) i asked for warclaw to be dismounted or distracted with traps.^^ those are to covered for wvw so that it is fun to play with the new mount for everyone.

But it was ignored, Warclaw was out, all the people start to whine about it until it is what it is today, useless. Instead of balancing the wvw profession skills balance they focus on making Warclaw even more hell to have, lag your game to hell and make it uselessness.

the only solution is to remove it from WvW.

correction: the only solution is to delete WvW

For most setups and professions in the game, if a person trolled the ring on the sw camp of alpine, it would take you an extremely long time to dismount them. Yes, a longbow ranger doesn't have this problem, but if you are running longbow ranger in wvw you really should shoot yourself, imo. I don't really care for that particular nerf in general. The aspect I feel that needs changing is the warclaw should be effected by cc or at least have a defiant bar. It isn't worthless in wvw as is at all. And the fact the OP says it is, shows me how little he knows the game. Groups use it for engaging and getting into defense structures with no worry of being locked down. It being able to instant finish foes is a huge game changer as well.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@Joshhh.2076 said:Regarding your initial point, if players can't contest with the mount then why is it an issue that they can enter the ring?

Ever been charged by and stomped by 6 mounted enemies in a row?They hurt far less than 6 players and they cant contest now. Why is it an issue? Is being outmanned something new that the mount introduced?