How do the trash mobs work in Sirens Reef and whats the best way to deal with them?

Rico.6873

I have been complaining about Sirens Reef for a time and I keep hearing that the mobs should be pulled and cleaved by your alliesOr that the fractal is easy if you have reflect and pulls

Now I'm curios in the best way to complete this fractal so I can educate other players for a easy and quick run if we're lucky with the instabilities

A couple of questions about they ghostly adds.Should the spirits be killed as quickly as possible or just pulled and cleaved if you can manage them?Or should they all be killed whenever you can? (they wont respawn endlessly?)As the boss keeps on teleporting around and your allies keep jumping all over the place (the winds of torment and the dropping of acid) how do you use reflect on the last boss?And where/when do you use/put it?

So far I have been ignoring all adds and if I play a class that can pull the adds reliably (not many classes can pull adds reliably) I try to pull them as much as I canbecause the fractal gives you the feeling the adds not worth the trouble to kill because its too much trouble and they might respawn back instantly if you do kill them

In Mai trin, when the trash appears you will start feeling it if you dont clear them and the adds are easy to pull and to reach with a group together (you dont get blown away from your team like in Sirens)In Deepstone the boss also has some deadly adds and if you don't kill them, a army of spirit clones will bind you and destroy you if you don't watch outBut in both these fractals you never get the feeling the adds are unworthy targets, where the adds in siren only feel like they should be cleaved instead of feeling like a major threat

Gah... I just want some advice in how to deal with the adds or not so I can help myself and others sail smoothly in this fractal...

@Rico.6873 said:A couple of questions about they ghostly adds.Should the spirits be killed as quickly as possible or just pulled and cleaved if you can manage them?Or should they all be killed whenever you can? (they wont respawn endlessly?)

The main threats of the entire fight are really the thrash mobs. The worst thing the Captain will do is kill somebody with the shark attack when they get blown off the ship. So, kill the Elite Quartermasters, then send one power DPS to clear out the gangplanks once in a while.

If your group's DPS is just abysmal, then move down one gangplank as a group to kill the thrash. Arabella will stay on the ship proper, and the thrash on the other gangplank will run to the middle of the ship for your party to cleave down.

As the boss keeps on teleporting around and your allies keep jumping all over the place (the winds of torment and the dropping of acid) how do you use reflect on the last boss?And where/when do you use/put it?

Reflects and projectile blocks are sometimes recommended to help mitigate the incoming damage and conditions from the Storm Wraiths (which give enemies Quickness), and Grenadiers (which apply Chill and Poison). If the reflect is a dome, drop it on the group; otherwise, setting it down on one of the gangplanks helps.

@Rico.6873 Depending on class, traits and group composition.

Should the spirits be killed as quickly as possible or just pulled and cleaved if you can manage them?Or should they all be killed whenever you can? (they wont respawn endlessly?)Ideally you want them off the board, kill any melee mobs that enters range by cleaving them (stacking helps). Pull the range mobs if possible or have reflects/ anti projectiles up. The mobs come in waves and there is a limit.

As the boss keeps on teleporting around and your allies keep jumping all over the place (the winds of torment and the dropping of acid)Crowe's teleportation and wind pattern is fixed. Starts in the middle, first teleports towards the quarterdeck (tail/West), then to the front of the ship (East) and finally back to middle.

• Wind starts after the first teleport(75%) with 1 bar from left to right.
  • 2nd teleport(50%), 2 pattern in rotation. 1 bar from left to right/right to left and then it switches to 1 bar from both side (2 in total) moving towards their opposite side respectively.
  • 3rd and final teleport, Crowe back to the middle of the ship. 1 bar from both side (2 in total) moving towards their opposite side respectively continuously. Stay with the boss(middle of the ship), move out when both wind meet in the middle and quickly move back in after the middle section reopens.

Rule of the thumb, the wind is unidirectional/ never backtracks so its safe to stand on its last known position. (take note of Social Awkwardness instability :tongue:)

...how do you use reflect on the last boss? And where/when do you use/put it?On the boss (where your party should be; stacked together or because of We Bleed Fire instability), or in front of the planks (where the range mobs are gathered).

So far I have been ignoring all adds and if I play a class that can pull the adds reliably (not many classes can pull adds reliably) I try to pull them as much as I can because the fractal gives you the feeling the adds not worth the trouble to kill because its too much trouble and they might respawn back instantly if you do kill themIn Mai trin, when the trash appears you will start feeling it if you dont clear them and the adds are easy to pull and to reach with a group together (you dont get blown away from your team like in Sirens)In Deepstone the boss also has some deadly adds and if you don't kill them, a army of spirit clones will bind you and destroy you if you don't watch out.Focus on not getting hit by Mai Trin's bombardment. Focus on not falling off the platform in Deepstone.For Siren, focus on not getting blown off by the Wind.