Make "Mug-Swipe" Critically Hit

SoulSin.5682

We must be careful what we want, there's been quite a few suggestions around already. I don't want the Devs to go something like "wait a minute, let's remove unblockable, allow critic and then it's fair to have it 600r!" after all the suggestions they got on forums. I am pretty confident that 900 range is better than Critic/Unblockable.

@"Alatar.7364" said:We must be careful what we want, there's been quite a few suggestions around already. I don't want the Devs to go something like "wait a minute, let's remove unblockable, allow critic and then it's fair to have it 600r!" after all the suggestions they got on forums. I am pretty confident that 900 range is better than Critic/Unblockable.

Tough I partially agree with that. My experience in the thief section compels me to believe in the fact that the 900 unit range, no matter how much we, the community, agree that would be perfect will never happen.

That said, SOMETHING must change to make Swipe a proper trade off. Unblockable is definitely not a trade off for 1200 range.

I was watching some streans and the fact that D/P DPS is too low the build has died.Making Mug crits would raise the overall burst nature of Dagger, which is good for the set.

@SoulSin.5682 said:

@"Alatar.7364" said:We must be careful what we want, there's been quite a few suggestions around already. I don't want the Devs to go something like
"wait a minute, let's remove unblockable, allow critic and then it's fair to have it 600r!"
after all the suggestions they got on forums. I am pretty confident that 900 range is better than Critic/Unblockable.

Tough I partially agree with that. My experience in the thief section compels me to believe in the fact that the 900 unit range, no matter how much we, the community, agree that would be perfect will never happen.

That said, SOMETHING must change to make Swipe a proper trade off. Unblockable is definitely not a trade off for 1200 range.

I was watching some streans and the fact that D/P DPS is too low the build has died.Making Mug crits would raise the overall burst nature of Dagger, which is good for the set.

Well yes, I agree. I just hoped we could give Devs some time to actually go over the thought of increasing the range of Swipe, seeing how literally everyone agrees its better (read: At least playable unlike 600 range). And then if they don't, then these other solutions would probably be the best, so far it is true that Devs need to understand that it is not like Swipe is weak, but that community pretty much agrees it is absolutely unplayable not just weak.

I think allowing Mug to crit is a bit too shortsighted. The side effect would be elevating the DA line to Trickery level of necessity for DD, as any build that doesn't take DA will still be stuck with a crappy steal. This will just further restrict build diversity.

If the idea is to deal damage on swipe, then just do that. Have swipe do direct damage and stackable with Mug. Making it have a dependency on Mug would just overcomplicate things. But if we do that then there still needs to be consideration for Condi builds that doesn't spec for power.

I don't understand WHY thieves are always subjected to trades off on everything.We cannot have something without a trade (and usually what we gain never works as intended, leaving us with only the bad part of the trade). For other classes is the same?I cannot remember 1 patch where Anet gave us something without taking away something else that was working well.For once I don't care anymore about balance, I just want to have stuffs for fighting back on the same equal field as every other class.