The Game Vault Awaits

• ArenaNet Staff

b17c9Twitter-EN.jpg

We’re teaming up with Alienware Arena to celebrate the upcoming Guild Wars 2 Living World Season 4 finale, “War Eternal”! Register to Alienware Arena today to get codes for in-game items, including Dragon Emblem Outfits (US only); $25 in Dell Rewards, which are useable just like cash on Dell.com (US only); and Toy Miniature Eggs (all regions). Supplies are limited, so act fast!

You also have a chance to win $3,000 Dell Rewards grand prize packs featuring the new Alienware Area-51m gaming laptop (open to US residents only). Visit the Alienware Arena site for more details.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArenaNet Staff

@derd.6413 said:i'm getting a sense that anet doesn't like Europe

This promotion provides different kinds of prizes depending on where you you live, because of the way our partner Alienware built it (the Dell part of this is not available outside of the US). European players are able to grab a Miniature Egg if they register to Alienware Arena. We're working on promotions that will be available to our European players later.

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

This promotion provides different kinds of prizes depending on where you you live, because of the way our partner Alienware built it (the Dell part of this is not available outside of the US). European players are able to grab a Miniature Egg if they register to Alienware Arena. We're working on promotions that will be available to our European players later.

i'll keep an eye out

@"derd.6413" said:i'm getting a sense that anet doesn't like Europe

I am sorry but I dont think that you are doing yourself much of a favor running promotions like this where half the player base is locked out due to their region.

What exactly does a Miniature Egg have to do with Alienware? In my opinion, this is just a cheap way for you guys to "trick" us to give our personal information to your commercial partners.

What if I already have an account? I can do the quests on the website and gain rewards, but I have not received any codes for the mini eggs or outfit as this account is a few years old. Would it be safe to create and register a new account for these purposes? Edit: I am in the US.

@Esterie.7409 said:What if I already have an account? I can do the quests on the website and gain rewards, but I have not received any codes for the mini eggs or outfit as this account is a few years old. Would it be safe to create and register a new account for these purposes? Edit: I am in the US.

The outfit code and ARP booster seem to be for new users only. The Toy Mini Egg is claimed on a giveaway page.

Already registered, apparently. Haven't used Alienware in years. Can't actually get into the account because the password recovery takes "up to 30 minutes." ...seriously.Good thing I already have the outfit unlocked. But seriously, ANet, when you have these promotions, can you make sure the partner has the infrastructure to not make it look like a clusterbomb?

@Apocaly.2786 said:I currently have around 7k gold. WOuld you give me the dragon emblem outfit if i give u 7k gold? :( I am waiting for so long to get it, kung fu tea already made me cry because i couldnt get it as an EU player... =(((((((( PLEASE :( thats the only thing i want :((((

I'm in the EU too, but...

I got kitten kitten kitten kitten lucky with the Kung Fu Tea thing (if you got in really early in the cycle, before they barred non-USians, you could get the codes), but I also went to Paris Games Week last September because ArenaNet was there, and (although I didn't know it until I got there) they were giving away Dragon Emblem codes. Keep your eyes open for this kind of event.

First there was the Kung Fu tea debacle.Now this.

The point of promotions is to draw players to your product and increase their interest. Why are you working so hard to create the exact opposite effect?

Btw, Canada has very similar laws to the US; we're basically the same except with health care and gun control. The US Only restriction is a bit silly, given how every...other...MMO...somehow manages to secure promotions north of the border.

I really like this game - stop trying to change that.

Well I registered and got no notification nor any indication of where to go to claim the outfit. I suppose they are out already? I checked my email and account giveaway keys on the alien ware site. This is really starting to disgust me. I tried the KungFu thing and, although I am in the US I never could get it to work. Now I register for this one and nothing. I am really getting tired of giving my info to these companies and getting squat in return. ANet, if you are going to team up with a company, at least make sure it is one that has its crap together. So, I'd say, anyone looking to register and hoping to get an outfit, you are probably out of luck already.

Also, by the gods, please stop offering Toy Miniature Eggs for promotions. Offer a Black Lion Chest key, but make it so only one can be redeemed per account (and that it doesn't work on Free accounts or something). Almost all Toy Miniature Egg redemptions are a net waste of time; the chance at receiving anything worth your time is far too low, even if you're a new player with zero miniatures. Perhaps add a fourth series of miniatures?

Will you be providing the outfit to the European players in another giveaway as this, quite frankly, sucks.

@Cronos.6532 said:

@Esterie.7409 said:What if I already have an account? I can do the quests on the website and gain rewards, but I have not received any codes for the mini eggs or outfit as this account is a few years old. Would it be safe to create and register a new account for these purposes? Edit: I am in the US.

The outfit code, egg, and ARP booster seem to be for new users only.

Well that sucks. I feel like something like this should be rolled out to everyone with an Alienware account regardless of when it was created.