The Game Vault Awaits - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The Game Vault Awaits

Comments

• Unhappy aussie here, locked out of yet another promo, no wonder I've stopped spending money u.u All the mini eggs are gone as well.

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2019

Miniature Egg code doesn’t work for me on the gemstore redeem code link. Says invalid. I didn’t get a Dragon Outfit code, not that it matters as I already have one from Kung Fu Tea, just reporting that it didn’t show up. Going to My Rewards on the Alienware site talks about AR and going to Giveaways only has the Miniature Egg code.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• @Cronos.6532 said:
    Outfit code is in a modal dialog after completing account verification + username + real name + country/state/province. Afterwards, it appears under My Rewards in account settings (not Giveaways), but only if you're American. The tab does not appear if you are not connecting from a US IP (even if you want the Toy Miniature Egg).

Can you elaborate on this? I have already gone through that part of the process, I live in the US, I gave a US location, and I do not recall getting such a popup. Is there a place on the site to view things already rewarded, or is this some sort of "blink and you'll miss it" nonsense?

• ScyeRynn.4218ScyeRynn.4218 Member ✭✭✭

The eggs are worthless. You can buy the minis easily on tp. The shirt is nice tho because it hasn't been available since launch! Sorry to EU for Anet and partner messing this up for you.

• tails.4209tails.4209 Member
    edited April 25, 2019

In US, used link from OP. Got an egg code but no outfit. Are the outfits already out? If it's out, really disappointed. :/

• Outfits apparantly already 'out of stock'

• @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Miniature Egg code doesn’t work for me on the gemstore redeem code link. Says invalid. I didn’t get a Dragon Outfit code, not that it matters as I already have one from Kung Fu Tea, just reporting that it didn’t show up. Going to My Rewards on the Alienware site talks about AR and going to Giveaways only has the Miniature Egg code.

You need to select "Redeem Item Code" below the field to enter the gem-card code. They are different to each other.

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2019

@chaoticshelly.2846 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

You need to select "Redeem Item Code" below the field to enter the gem-card code. They are different to each other.

I did. I tried several times. Typed in the number more than once to make sure it was the same as the number I copied off the site. Tried Redeem Item Code button. Tried Redeem button. Even tried it without dashes. Nothing worked.

• Fremtid.3528Fremtid.3528 Member ✭✭✭

Don't worry guys, there's already grifters/opportunists selling the codes on EU in mapchat. I heard in LA someone bought one for 70 mystic coins but the low low price atm is 40 mystic coins.

• Is there a way to log off that site? I prefer not to be logged on to random internet sites that I don’t use daily and the only way to log out I found was to contact them.

• Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2019

Just in case you missed a step: after you hit 'redeem code' you have to hit the 'item code' button at the bottom of the page to get to where the code gets entered. If you just hit 'redeem code' and enter the code, it will be invalid because that first page is for gem codes.

EDIT: Oh, I just read above that you tried that. :/ Sorry! Did you try copy and pasting the code? That worked for me.

• @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@derd.6413 said:
    i'm getting a sense that anet doesn't like Europe

This promotion provides different kinds of prizes depending on where you you live, because of the way our partner Alienware built it (the Dell part of this is not available outside of the US). European players are able to grab a Miniature Egg if they register to Alienware Arena. We're working on promotions that will be available to our European players later.

oh so the rest of us that live in canada, austrlia, new zealand will never get a chance to get that outfit then ya?

• @Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 said:

Just in case you missed a step: after you hit 'redeem code' you have to hit the 'item code' button at the bottom of the page to get to where the code gets entered. If you just hit 'redeem code' and enter the code, it will be invalid because that first page is for gem codes.

EDIT: Oh, I just read above that you tried that. :/ Sorry! Did you try copy and pasting the code? That worked for me.

Thanks. I don’t think I’ll bother to try again now that I’ve found out it’s just ingame minis which I probably already have.

• Edge.8724Edge.8724 Member ✭✭✭

Is there a way to log off that site? I prefer not to be logged on to random internet sites that I don’t use daily and the only way to log out I found was to contact them.

I did delete my account on that site after realising that Canada wasn't part of their promotion.

You have to send them an email to their support section.

The easiest way I did was to simply go to the research bar, when you are on your account, then type "delete account". There should be several links of peoples that wanted to delete their account. I clicked on the first and there was a link to the email of the site (Alienware). Just send them an email saying that you want to delete your account.

@CosmicKittenTora.6015 said:

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@derd.6413 said:

This promotion provides different kinds of prizes depending on where you you live, because of the way our partner Alienware built it (the Dell part of this is not available outside of the US). European players are able to grab a Miniature Egg if they register to Alienware Arena. We're working on promotions that will be available to our European players later.

This is the second promotion where the US gets an outfit and us European players get nothing.
    To me personally saying we can get a Miniature Egg over an outfit is a slap in the face.

We deserve to get all the items as the US players are.

I 100% agree to this. This looks like favoritism or something like this...

• @Edge.8724 said:

Is there a way to log off that site? I prefer not to be logged on to random internet sites that I don’t use daily and the only way to log out I found was to contact them.

I did delete my account on that site after realising that Canada wasn't part of their promotion.

The easiest way I did was to simply go to the research bar, when you are on your account, then type "delete account". There should be several links of peoples that wanted to delete their account. I clicked on the first and there was a link to the email of the site (Alienware). Just send them an email saying that you want to delete your account.

Thanks. A site you can’t log out of isn’t a site worth keeping. I’ll probably just go in to my account and put in a lot of fake information rather than trusting their support to delete it.

edited April 25, 2019

@Edge.8724 said:

Thanks. A site you can’t log out of isn’t a site worth keeping. I’ll probably just go in to my account and put in a lot of fake information rather than trusting their support to delete it.

This is a very weird site to me... I believe many people did the samd mistake as us, believing they will receive a promotion, but no...

• @CosmicKittenTora.6015 said:

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@derd.6413 said:

This is the second promotion where the US gets an outfit and us European players get nothing.
    To me personally saying we can get a Miniature Egg over an outfit is a slap in the face.

We deserve to get all the items as the US players are.

Unfortunately, I don't think many US players got the outfit either based on map chat, some posts here, and my own experience.

• @Edge.8724 said:

@Edge.8724 said:

This is a very weird site to me... I believe many people did the samd mistake as us, believing they will receive a promotion, but no...

Not well done imo. I got a broken mini code, I didn’t get an outfit code and then I find out I can neither log out nor delete my account. I was able to change my email to an old unused email but without contacting their support that’s all I can do. Personally, zero out of 10 rating for this promotion. Would not do again.

• Javoker.7046Javoker.7046 Member
    edited April 25, 2019

I guess I won't be spending anymore money for this company.

With all these promotions and having in game rewards such as the outfit being "US Only", ANet is just slowly killing their own game. 🤭

The players from other regions that actually give you money are eventually gonna leave or stop spending.

Bad decisions, didn't learnt the first time. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• What about us non U.S and non EU players? Forgotten yet again.... :(

• misterman.1530misterman.1530 Member ✭✭✭

So frustrating. That website is horrible. Send an email to [email protected] and request to delete your account with them. That's what I did. Pathetic.

• Oh boy! Been at this making accounts to see if I can get this since my first account I legit tried to use failed to give me an outfit code. I live in the US and all the accounts failed to generate a code. My guess is there are no more code, but damned if there isn't a TON of people selling them for cash now on other sites. Thanks for that Arnet, now if I want one I have to go to some shady site to buy it with real money (which I do not want to do at all, nor am I going to do it). Prehaps DON'T make this a limited thing next time?

• made a account but it said not eglible(or how ever u write it lol) the counter saids stil 9100+ keys still availble its a brand new email i used since i had no clue with wich one i register that long time ago but cant even get the egg

• I can't even get the outfit tbw, I went through the steps and the pop up never appeared...so... now what?

• Yea, I'm guessing the dragon shirt outfit is already out, because I've made 3 accounts for it (which... alone is bad that I even have to do that)
    Bad on Arenanet, and bad on Alienware (for having a faulty website, and thier giveaways are just lame)
    Stop giving eggs, they are worthless, use a better partner, and make it so if supplies are out, then it's noted that they're out!

• @derd.6413 said:

I wouldn't say they don't like the rest of the world but, much like most companies based in the USA, they certainly don't care about it. Arenanet could give out those outfits or any other digital reward to everyone but that would require them to put in a bit more thought and effort than they currently do which does unfortunately cut into the time spent posting about friendship and diversity on Twitter.

Together we shall speak for the Law and the Land, and shall drive the mongrel dragons of primordial magic from Tyria.

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭

Hey I'm us and didn't get the outfit code either; nor did my daughters.

Popup did not appear not is it listed in my rewards.

That said I think the fault is Dell's or Alienware. You would THINK that a company that sells computer stuff would make sure their promo worked. With Kung Fu Tea I wasn't surprised. But this? Why on earth would I invest money to a computer company that can't get an internet promo to work???

• Crashdown.7419Crashdown.7419 Member ✭✭
    edited April 25, 2019

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    Still waiting for an answer about people who already have an Alienware account.

I had the same issue then I used this link and I could claim it then:

https://eu.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2011423/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/guild-wars-2-toy-miniature-egg-key-giveaway-1

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2019

@Wanze.8410 said:
    I am sorry but I dont think that you are doing yourself much of a favor running promotions like this where half the player base is locked out due to their region.

What exactly does a Miniature Egg have to do with Alienware? In my opinion, this is just a cheap way for you guys to "trick" us to give our personal information to your commercial partners.

What they said. :+1:

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lamont.5973 said:
    So how do you claim the outfit? I registered but got no notification

You don’t.
    Only a small corner of the world is allowed to get the outfit

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• voodoo.7412voodoo.7412 Member ✭✭

yes EU nothing hhhhhhhhh here what we get in the website of Alienware

Guild Wars 2 Toy Miniature Egg Key Giveaway
    All out! There are no more keys left in this giveaway!

• The outfit code is "out of stock" according to the text when you click their original link to go register...

Never got it when I went on and registered a new (and very much in the US) account after work yesterday, which was the earliest I could do it. And can't try to register again now because somehow digital items are out of stock...

I was really hoping to get the outfit on my account too. Had this account since the original beta... oh well.

@Betuana.4062 said:
    The outfit code is "out of stock" according to the text when you click their original link to go register...

Never got it when I went on and registered a new (and very much in the US) account after work yesterday, which was the earliest I could do it. And can't try to register again now because somehow digital items are out of stock...

I was really hoping to get the outfit on my account too. Had this account since the original beta... oh well.

But how does a digital data can be "out of stock"?

• The Ventari Ele.5812The Ventari Ele.5812 Member ✭✭
    edited April 25, 2019

There are still around 5442 codes left for the egg only!
    Anyone can get the egg.
    The outfit is US only though.
    And you can run out of a digital item, if you limit the number you are giving away.

• Esterie.7409Esterie.7409 Member ✭✭✭

The fact that they ran out of outfit codes already, and that those of us who already had an account on this website (most likely from the previous Wintersday hat giveaway a few months ago, no less) did not even receive an outfit code and were forced to make another account...... that does not sit right with me.

- — World Completion — -

16 // 35

• @Edge.8724 said:

@Betuana.4062 said:
    The outfit code is "out of stock" according to the text when you click their original link to go register...

But how does a digital data can be "out of stock"?

Dunno, but I just got the email about it this morning, went to the link, and the outfits were gone.

Not feeling the goodwill from ANet, Dell, or Alienware.

Feeling like rather than boosting these companies' reputations in the players' eyes they've managed to lower it.

• Zalani.9827Zalani.9827 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2019

I had to make a new account to get an outfit code, and apparently they are out already? That’s disappointing.

Second time I tried to get that outfit since kungfoo refused to give it to me too. Maybe promotion number 3 will be the lucky outfit charm I guess.

Jadis Narnia, Sylvari Ranger of [VoS]

Praise Joko!

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭

They are out? What, did the elves that flip the bit on the database for "you have this outfit now" go on strike? Come on now Anet, it's bad enough you region locked the promotion.

D/D core thief cause I hate myself.
    Are You Proud Yet [DAD] is best guild.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.