The Game Vault Awaits - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The Game Vault Awaits

Comments

• Zalani.9827Zalani.9827 Member ✭✭✭

@misterman.1530 said:
    So frustrating. That website is horrible. Send an email to [email protected] and request to delete your account with them. That's what I did. Pathetic.

Thank you, I will have to do that for my second account since I really don’t want to have to make a new email.

Jadis Narnia, Sylvari Ranger of [VoS]

Praise Joko!

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭

@Ali.1420 said:

@Lamont.5973 said:
    So how do you claim the outfit? I registered but got no notification

Same... and as of today, all of a sudden they are "out of stock". Wasn't when I gave them my info yesterday. Seriously this is such a scam for our information. Countless people signed up just to get the outfit (me included) to discover they gave no code.

Right? I grabbed my code at work when they said they were still in stock on the outfits. Entered it when I got home and just got the dumb egg though. Wouldn't have even bothered if I knew that was going to happen. Scamnet got me info taken.

No longer playing the game due to PvP being abandon.

• misterman.1530misterman.1530 Member ✭✭✭

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Ali.1420 said:

@Lamont.5973 said:

Same... and as of today, all of a sudden they are "out of stock". Wasn't when I gave them my info yesterday. Seriously this is such a scam for our information. Countless people signed up just to get the outfit (me included) to discover they gave no code.

Right? I grabbed my code at work when they said they were still in stock on the outfits. Entered it when I got home and just got the dumb egg though. Wouldn't have even bothered if I knew that was going to happen. Scamnet got me info taken.

And the sad fact is, it's a freaking t-shirt that makes you look like something attending Coachella. If I had known it was the exact same thing as the Kung Fu tea fiasco, I wouldn't have bothered. Shame on me for not researching it first.

@misterman.1530 said:

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Ali.1420 said:

@Lamont.5973 said:

And the sad fact is, it's a freaking t-shirt that makes you look like something attending Coachella. If I had known it was the exact same thing as the Kung Fu tea fiasco, I wouldn't have bothered. Shame on me for not researching it first.

I didn't even want it that badly but thought I might as well since it's free. The aggravating part is that I went through the effort to not even get it anyways. I don't care about the ugly outfit that much, it's just the principle of it.

• If this has taught me anything it's that Arenanet really doesn't know what they're doing when it comes to these promos. This is what , the third time this has happened? I didn't even know about this promotion until someone on my server tried to sell the code for the Dragon T-shirt and another player responded by saying anyone could get it by going to the Arenanet website and following the instructions (which took a bit of doing since the information is somewhat buried). I was a little perplexed that I hadn't received an email from Arenanet (despite being signed up for news/updates). I'm not really concerned about my personal information being sold, heck Facebook and every other social media platform does this, so why not Arenanet (via Alienware) too?
    I am (more than anything) annoyed at the lack of response from Arenanet on this issue. The generic "we're looking into this" just doesn't cut it.
    Some of the things Arenanet has been doing lately seems out of character. As if someone else is suddenly running the finance department. Consider that Black Lion chests now offer a claim ticket scrap and a mini (which I consider to be a junk item), not to mention receiving actual junk items in BL chests a few months ago. Who thought that was a good idea? I'm rather unhappy with a mini and a scrap ticket being a guaranteed drop item. I guess some people like minis, but I see them as a worthless item. If I buy or earn a BL key I would hope my effort is rewarded with something useful but lately it just seems to be trash items. Kinda like this promo. Arenanet gives the promise of a worthwhile item but it ends up being a trash item worth nothing at all.
    I've been playing this game since GW1 Prophecies. I expected better from Arenanet. I'm concerned about the layoffs that occurred. I'm wondering if the same thing is going to happen here that happened to Rift (Trion). I miss Gaille Grey. I would be willing to pay a subscription fee to have her back at the helm on these forums.

• Ok I Did It.2854Ok I Did It.2854 Member ✭✭✭

From reading the topics on reddit about this being another disaster, im glad that EU could not partake in it, its so clear that they arent prepared for these type of offers etc from outside companies, and the ones they do select seem to be using it for data harvesting/marketing, so yes, please by all means keep these types of offers as US only, as im fairly sure EU would have laws against some of this.

Also for those who signed up, the only way to apparently remove yourself it to contact alien ware support and ask them to delete your account. Good Luck with that.

Don't say what you mean, it will get you in trouble.

• AlexxxDelta.1806AlexxxDelta.1806 Member ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who's kinda glad the codes for this ran out? I hate seeing this kitten outfit in-game. It's just as immersion-breaking as SAB stuff, if I wanted characters in shorts and t-shirts I'd play old Tomb Raider not a fantasy MMOrpg. I would argue the EU part of the deal is more tasteful at least.

• @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@derd.6413 said:
    i'm getting a sense that anet doesn't like Europe

This promotion provides different kinds of prizes depending on where you you live, because of the way our partner Alienware built it (the Dell part of this is not available outside of the US). European players are able to grab a Miniature Egg if they register to Alienware Arena. We're working on promotions that will be available to our European players later.

All European players or will us Belgians be shafted again with that?

• I received my Egg, but never received my outfit. Anyone got any advice?

@Rumbleguard.2961 said:
    I received my Egg, but never received my outfit. Anyone got any advice?

Same. Not really anything you can do about it but could submit a support ticket I guess. Doubt it will do any good though.

• Warkind.6745Warkind.6745 Member ✭✭✭

This outfit seems to be cursed.

All is vain.

• Hmm still no reply from Arenanet on these forums. I'm in the same time zone as Arenanet HQ and it's currently 4:17 Pm with no reply. Gail Grey would have responded by now, several times.

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2019

How could they only supply enough "stock" of it to last < 1 day for a "promotion" leading up to an event weeks away?

Poor design.

imo what happened is that since the codes aren’t account bound, at the start people made multiple accounts to grab multiple outfit codes so they can sell the codes for money or for gold. ANet should have been aware that this would happen as it happened with the Kung Fu Tea giveaway also. They should have bound the outfit code to the email because not doing so made it a situation where the site is harvesting our information and we are not getting what was advertised because people “creatively utilized” the system to get multiple codes.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Zalani.9827Zalani.9827 Member ✭✭✭

@Rumbleguard.2961 said:
    I received my Egg, but never received my outfit. Anyone got any advice?

Did you click on the blog link to register?, apparently if you didn’t and registered by site you wouldn’t get it.

Jadis Narnia, Sylvari Ranger of [VoS]

Praise Joko!

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cathbadb.6079 said:
    Hmm still no reply from Arenanet on these forums. I'm in the same time zone as Arenanet HQ and it's currently 4:17 Pm with no reply. Gail Grey would have responded by now, several times.

I disagree. Anet has always been fair-to-poor at communicating when things go wrong and I would argue that while the immediate situation proves they still have a long way to go they have actually improved in this area overall in the past several months . . .

• Iza.6415Iza.6415 Member ✭✭

Does anet just lure us to sign up and fishing our info?

• @Iza.6415 said:
    Does anet just lure us to sign up and fishing our info?

Pretty much

• People are being siphoned of their information and not even getting there codes, This is "Kung Fu Tea" All Over Again

• **OK, so if there are remaining keys for Mini Egg from Alienware Arena, how comes it does not display the key that was given to you? Are you sure this is working right? **

• im in US...no outfit...No kind find

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    mini egg is basically worthless.

So you did two free outfits for NA, ZERO for everybody else.

Does that really sound right at anet? REALLY?

Dont forget that if they used the heroic boost on a new account they got a free core account for daily login rewards.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

16 eggs left and I guess they will be there awhile.
    Went in with my old account on that site got

Error!

Unfortunately, a key could not be assigned to you. This can occur for one of several reasons, including:

1) We've ran out of keys before we could assign one to you while you were in the queue.
    2) You are in a country or region that is not eligible to receive a key.
    3) A key has already been assigned to you.

Thought well I would really like to have a egg atleast to have something to show for it,
    Created a new account

Error!

Unfortunately, a key could not be assigned to you. This can occur for one of several reasons, including:

1) We've ran out of keys before we could assign one to you while you were in the queue.

• Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭

What does SEA/OCX players need to do to prove that hey we play this game too and would like promo outfits too?

• poochz.4507poochz.4507 Member ✭✭

So I go to Alienware web link, and Dragon Emblem Outfits is out of stock? How in the world does 'software' go out of stock? Their server crashed? Needless to say, left immediately. Out of stock..really…..

• Convet.2605Convet.2605 Member ✭✭

While I am not bitter about NA having an entire outfit (don't care about dell code) for free (ok I am a little bitter). I got the code for the miniture egg, and the code doesn't work 😂. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Convet.2605 said:
    While I am not bitter about NA having an entire outfit (don't care about dell code) for free (ok I am a little bitter). I got the code for the miniture egg, and the code doesn't work 😂. Anyone else experiencing this?

Are you sure you're entering the code in the right spot? Not the GEM code spot.

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

It does work. Try it again, and make sure the entire code was copied, and it hasn't accidentally copied extra blank spaces or characters

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• I just have one question which I haven't gotten a good answer to (Or maybe someone actually did but I may have missed it)

Why won't ANet allow people outside of the US to get a chance to earn the Dragon Emblem outfit?

• So how do we get the outfit, I'm looking all around the website, I can find everything except the dragon emblem outfit, which is the only thing from this I want to get

• Okay, nevermind, they're out of stock for the DIGITAL outfit. Signed up on the day the thing was posted to the game launcher, but I guess I should have used my psychic powers to know it was going on in advance. Pretty pissed tbh.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zexanima.7851 said:
    They are out? What, did the elves that flip the bit on the database for "you have this outfit now" go on strike? Come on now Anet, it's bad enough you region locked the promotion.

Maybe they mistyped and it's an anti-motion ;) , just like the bubble tea one was? :s

I already own the outfit but still don't see the logic in region-locking virtual goods.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Zexanima.7851 said:
    They are out? What, did the elves that flip the bit on the database for "you have this outfit now" go on strike? Come on now Anet, it's bad enough you region locked the promotion.

Maybe they mistyped and it's an anti-motion ;) , just like the bubble tea one was? :s

I already own the outfit but still don't see the logic in region-locking virtual goods.

There is no reason for it. If they sold the outfit on the store, then sure, it has value and there is a reason for creating a virtual 'limit' because then everyone one they give away devalues the outfit for them as it'll be less they can sell (though I still don't agree with that kind of giveaway from a big company, they can handle the profit hit). However they don't sell it in the gem store, so it's not worth anything to them, it's just an artificially exclusive item they are trying to use for promoting another company and baiting people into giving out their personal information to said company. It's just a scummy business thing, the kind of thing gamers now days despise seeing companies do.

• Well, I signed up for the mini egg... and turns out they are even out of those lmao...

Should have learned my lesson after kungfu tea...

• Think the whole egg/outfit thing is bad? Giving away free game now via their twitter account if you sign up, and once again ... US only.

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Krigjeger.4396 said:
    Think the whole egg/outfit thing is bad? Giving away free game now via their twitter account if you sign up, and once again ... US only.

... and unlike the KFT promotion, this one is actually giving away PoF.

• Blanche Neige.7241Blanche Neige.7241 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2019

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

This promotion provides different kinds of prizes depending on where you you live, because of the way our partner Alienware built it (the Dell part of this is not available outside of the US). European players are able to grab a Miniature Egg if they register to Alienware Arena. We're working on promotions that will be available to our European players later.

What about Canada?

As for the Miniature egg, it's kinda worthless. if it was a guaranteed to unlock a mini we don't already have at least….

• While you're at it Anet. Oceanics exist.

• @Linken.6345 said:
    16 eggs left and I guess they will be there awhile.
    Went in with my old account on that site got

Error!

Thought well I would really like to have a egg atleast to have something to show for it,
    Created a new account

Error!

Yeh i had the same here so silly

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2019

@derd.6413 said:
    i'm getting a sense that anet doesn't like Europe

And Canada. Oh well, not registering, don't need my data mined for a silly little egg.

• @Deathmortus.7852 said:
    The site don't working. I have created an account.

Mission accomplished

• Nilson.9865Nilson.9865 Member ✭✭✭

Oh i guess soon kitten will hit the fan. How are going to parry that, Anet?

• This was such a scam.
    By the time Anet's email got to me, the outfits were gone and the egg code wouldn't work for me. There were several left, but not available for me? I live in NA, so it shouldn't have been an issue.
    Point being - ANET - you're asking people to sign up for third-party sites to get in-game rewards THAT ARE NEVER AVAILABLE! All of these marketing ploys are turning out to be scams - the Kung Fu Tea was just as bad. Now another company has my email and info, and this has only been a waste of my time.

• finkle.9513finkle.9513 Member ✭✭✭

here we go again, with US being looked on more favourably than EU, interms of quality of rewards and offers... some would say this racist..
    And why is Anet response always if there is a issue go to them... no you go to them on your customers behalf!

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2019

How does it even work? I just registered on the website, alienware, no infos here, how am I supposed to receive any of the gifts? Codes? KungFu tea was easier for me.
    Ah welp I have a message on giveaways egg page: All out! There are no more keys left in this giveaway!
    AH and I'm in EU.... welp never heard of the promo, so welp too late I guess sad and stupid... Scam? Dunno, maybe what is sure, another chance for hackers to stole your datas. Europe exists.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• jinxykat.6519jinxykat.6519 Member ✭✭✭

Codes not working properly...*sigh Unsurprising, considering Alienware's promotions are usually stonk.

The beatings will continue until moral improves!!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.