New Hairstyles/ customization please?

I feel it's been quite some time since we've gotten an actual decent addition to hairstyles & faces/ other character options.What Races lack currently? Long hair & Beautiful facial hair.Charr lack racial hairstyles imo. They don't need anymore meme/ anime hairstyles. Give them manes with bones/ feathers and braids. Beads, more mohawks - warpaint on their mohawks. Braided mohawks that aren't massive.Humans were given a nice update for PoF, the hairstyles added were really detailed but also really bad. We could have been given GW1 Nightfall class hairstyles which were more egyptian/ indian. There were very long hairstyles that had jewels. Beautifully done ponytails and bobcuts. The hairstyles we were given, however, were just fuzzy afros and some simple box braids.We could have been given re-rendered Gw1 Nightfall hairstyles, Or long box-braids/ neat dreads.Human Females lack windswept long curly hair. Long braids. Long hair that has bangs. Many of their already existing hairs would look 100x better with bangs.Human Males lack long hair altogether. They also lack good facial hair that doesn't look like a fake fabric piece.Norn males lack good beards. They have a giant, meme worthy curly mustache. Why can't they also have more subdued mustaches?Norn Females lack Curly long Hair. They have long braids, but lack long curly hair. Or shoulder length curly hair- they have a terribly done bob thats "curly" but doesn't flatter them one bit.Asura lack long hair. They are also kind of sad in the mohawk department, there are many different varieties of mohawks you can give them, typically ones with bangs can look pretty flattering, they don't have this.Sylvari lack long hair variety- there are also some hairstyles they can share with male sylvari.

I have some Human Hairstyle examples I'd like to see:

1. Human Female 1
  2. Human Female 2
  3. Human Female 3
  4. Human Female 4
  5. Human Female 5
  6. Human Female 6

HUMAN Male Beards/ Hairstyles (They lack a good beard fade or good rendered beards period.) I'll list facial hair 1st

1. Human Male 1
  2. Human Male 2
  3. Human Male 3
  4. Human Male 4
  5. Human Male 5HAIRSTYLES
  6. Human Male H1
  7. Human Male H2
  8. Human Male H3
  9. Human Male H4
  10. Human Male H5
  11. Human Male H6

SYLVARI- IMO most of their hairstyles can be mixed- but different details. Female will have opening flower buds while males can have thorns and added vines or both share flowers!

1. Sylvari Female/Male 1
  2. Sylvari Female/Male 2
  3. Sylvari Female/Male 3

ASURA MALE

1. Asura Male 1
  2. Asura Male 2
  3. Asura Male 3
  4. Asura Male 4
  5. Asura Male 5

*ASURA FEMALE

1. Female Asura 1
  2. Female Asura 2
  3. Female Asura 3
  4. Female Asura 4
  5. Female Asura 5

NORN FEMALES

1. Norn Female 1
  2. Norn Female 2
  3. Norn Female 3
  4. Norn Female 4
  5. Norn Female 5
  6. Norn Female 6

NORN MALE BEARS & HAIR

1. Norn Male Beard & Hair
  2. Norn Male Beard & Hair
  3. Norn Male Beard/ Mustache See? Doesn't have to be silly to be a handlebar, Anet.
  4. Male Norn Beard
  5. Male Norn Beard
  6. Male Norn Beard & Hair

In the past I've recommended Horse Mane hairstyles but have never really recieved any feedback- so post your opinions on CharrIMo, they can have Mohawks that are painted & not oddly rendered like one of the newer Charr mohawks.Feathers & Beads in their hair/Manes

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play a bunch of asura and the handful of faces that were added a long while back are...not so good. Very uncanny valley. Weird plastic skin. It feels like an intern made them or something because they are very "off" and not consistent with the rest of the game. I'd love to see some new ones.

Also love seeing new Sylvari customization options just because they're all so different and interesting.

I legit want some like cool viking/ norse/ god of war worthy hairs for norn. Some cool long hair, longer beards and a bunch more; Hell I Want more tattoos and more strong faces, we have enough pretty baby boys I want some who look powerful but not maimed. Scared but not butchered; Something a viking would have I want them to feel the part damns it.

You took my beast form turned it into an eliet and then made it trash; At least let me be the cool viking warrior I Wanted to be. Or the shaman looking wildman; Or the dark loki like figure in the back. Let the norn shine and be distinct from their human counter parts; Please I beg of you a-net let us be unique too....

and.... could... maybe we get some of the havroun armor.... or more norn cosmetics... we are fairly limited...

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Hell I Want more tattoos

I'll throw in my usual request for some of the male-only tattoos to be available to lady norn, as well...or, heck, let's just have all tattoos be available to both genders. Why not?

And yes to more hairstyles for all races. (Though I'd love it if we got more GW1 hairstyles for humans...and better beards for human men...take a look through the male appearance galleries for GW1 classes; there are plenty of nice-looking beards. I wish we had one ranger appearance in particular: the one in the top right-hand corner of this screenshot.)

@Batel.9206 said:

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Hell I Want more tattoos

I'll throw in my usual request for some of the male-only tattoos to be available to lady norn, as well...or, heck, let's just have all tattoos be available to both genders. Why not?

And yes to more hairstyles for all races. (Though I'd love it if we got more GW1 hairstyles for humans...and better beards for human men...take a look through the
for GW1 classes; there are plenty of nice-looking beards. I wish we had one ranger appearance in particular: the one in the
of this screenshot.)

Thank you for this!I'd love more Gw1 Hairstyles- they were much more diverse than the basic forhead exposing hairstyles we have

@Thornwolf.9721 said:I legit want some like cool viking/ norse/ god of war worthy hairs for norn. Some cool long hair, longer beards and a bunch more; Hell I Want more tattoos and more strong faces, we have enough pretty baby boys I want some who look powerful but not maimed. Scared but not butchered; Something a viking would have I want them to feel the part damns it.

You took my beast form turned it into an eliet and then made it trash; At least let me be the cool viking warrior I Wanted to be. Or the shaman looking wildman; Or the dark loki like figure in the back. Let the norn shine and be distinct from their human counter parts; Please I beg of you a-net let us be unique too....

and.... could... maybe we get some of the havroun armor.... or more norn cosmetics... we are fairly limited...

All of this!!!! Also more colours for tattoos please!

@Thornwolf.9721 said:I legit want some like cool viking/ norse/ god of war worthy hairs for norn. Some cool long hair, longer beards and a bunch more; Hell I Want more tattoos and more strong faces, we have enough pretty baby boys I want some who look powerful but not maimed. Scared but not butchered; Something a viking would have I want them to feel the part damns it.

This 1000%Thank you!

I was hoping that as a norn, your beast/ spirit mattered & honestly, it doesn't- Anet doesn't care about lore from GW1 EOTN - I bought GW2 thinking being a Norn with spirit of the Wolf would matter in some way but it was gutted.

I would kill for norse hairstyles/ beards/ customization.

@Chasind.3128 said:

This 1000%Thank you!

I was hoping that as a norn, your beast/ spirit mattered & honestly, it doesn't- Anet doesn't care about lore from GW1 EOTN - I bought GW2 thinking being a Norn with spirit of the Wolf would matter in some way but it was gutted.

Why not make it we have an option to be cosmetically in our animal form all the time? Like we could be a big werebear or a big werewolf in armor if we chose; But we can only access the spirit we chose at the begining as our form. I mean the models are there and yea they need some work as we never see them as is, rarely outside of random norn npcs?

Why not just make it an option as it was shown in the promo-art for eye of the north, it also happened in eye of the north as well? So why not allow us to choose if we want to embrace our true nature more or be more human looking? I mean why not. That would be close to adding a new race in a way; But it would add a whole lot of customization to the norn; And they need it because really we feel out of ALL the races the most limited in the way of customization. I can only think of a few faces and hairs on the male that make a difference; And the only beard I use is the full beard as all the others look horrible.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

This 1000%Thank you!

Why not make it we have an option to be cosmetically in our animal form all the time? Like we could be a big werebear or a big werewolf in armor if we chose; But we can only access the spirit we chose at the begining as our form. I mean the models are there and yea they need some work as we never see them as is, rarely outside of random norn npcs?

Why not just make it an option as it was shown in the promo-art for eye of the north, it also happened in eye of the north as well? So why not allow us to choose if we want to embrace our true nature more or be more human looking? I mean why not. That would be close to adding a new race in a way; But it would add a whole lot of customization to the norn; And they need it because really we feel out of ALL the races the most limited in the way of customization. I can only think of a few faces and hairs on the male that make a difference; And the only beard I use is the full beard as all the others look horrible.

This is also a great idea, I'd never even thought of it. It would have opened up so many more possibilities for RP/ lore that GW2 seems to lack face-value wise.

Those are great suggestions! =)

I would also like to see more body style options for norn males. The females seem to have a range similar to that of human females while norn males can only choose hulk or hulk-on-steroids. Not that I want to play a skinny norn, just more lithe would be nice.

What always bothered me with humans is this:

Females:Faces look so ... 'dolly' regarding chin/jaw. They feel plastic and strange.Most of the hairstyles make their ears stick out, making them look even funnier.Some hairstyles make their forehead look really short, giving a somewhat odd look.Postures should be fixed. If I play a female necromancer I want her to have a proud, powerful posture like GW1 female Necro. The current female builds and postures really make me just pass, they are like dolls in every way and that 'cuddly' behavior/way of standing just pushes me away even more. I am glad they no longer have that idle stretch.

Males:Face options are quite limited and most of the faces are either 'baby-boyish', silly, strange or too rough. There's only one face which is like 'golden middle' and it's the most common human face in game, on top of that I noticed that this face has some odd 'forehead bones' under certain lighting, making eyebrow bones stick out and make character look quite strange.Hairstyle options are also limited and most look horrible on them too. I like dreadlocks with shaved sides and a few more hairstyles, but most of them also make their foreheads look absolutely short. Most hairstyles also make the head somewhat 'small' and wide; I don't even know how to explain this, but I was really looking forward to that Geralt-like ponytail with shaved sides. We got something like that in GW2, but it's so 'greasy' and glued to the head that it makes me annoyed.The other ponytail is not bad, but it's still not like something elementalists had in GW1 etc...the long hairstyles look strange and make a blocky head with short foreheads with ears sticking out too, giving the impression of wide faces and short foreheads.Their posture also annoys me, they stand too 'straight' and like some bulks/statues/action figures. I really want more postures, I loved the Assassin and Necromancer postures in GW1, I really wish we had these in GW2.

I don't even know how to express my distaste for so many styles, I hardly managed to make a character of my liking; and I do love humans because of original GW1 lore and how beautiful they all were in GW1.It's very hard to make a majestic-looking character in GW2.Now I'm running with the "Prince of Persia 2008" style thanks to that Elonian mask, with my character being all wrapped up and with loose clothing making them look decent and not oddly-built.

Norn could do with more love. Females have so many hairstyles that are just beyond majestic, males have SUCH limited options with everything!Male Norn posture is ATROCIOUS, they have no majestic beards, they have no majestic hairstyles that are braided and long. I am not getting any Viking-like feels from male Norn. Their faces are also either too soft or too rough without any golden middle.I really hope we get some fixing done with the customization as I'm really frustrated how I can't fit my male norn into any armor and outfit without making him look like some oversized monkey.

@Blur.3465 said:What always bothered me with humans is this:

Females:Faces look so ... 'dolly' regarding chin/jaw. They feel plastic and strange.Most of the hairstyles make their ears stick out, making them look even funnier.Some hairstyles make their forehead look really short, giving a somewhat odd look.Postures should be fixed. If I play a female necromancer I want her to have a proud, powerful posture like GW1 female Necro. The current female builds and postures really make me just pass, they are like dolls in every way and that 'cuddly' behavior/way of standing just pushes me away even more. I am glad they no longer have that idle stretch.

Males:Face options are quite limited and most of the faces are either 'baby-boyish', silly, strange or too rough. There's only one face which is like 'golden middle' and it's the most common human face in game, on top of that I noticed that this face has some odd 'forehead bones' under certain lighting, making eyebrow bones stick out and make character look quite strange.Hairstyle options are also limited and most look horrible on them too. I like dreadlocks with shaved sides and a few more hairstyles, but most of them also make their foreheads look absolutely short. Most hairstyles also make the head somewhat 'small' and wide; I don't even know how to explain this, but I was really looking forward to that Geralt-like ponytail with shaved sides. We got something like that in GW2, but it's so 'greasy' and glued to the head that it makes me annoyed.The other ponytail is not bad, but it's still not like something elementalists had in GW1 etc...the long hairstyles look strange and make a blocky head with short foreheads with ears sticking out too, giving the impression of wide faces and short foreheads.Their posture also annoys me, they stand too 'straight' and like some bulks/statues/action figures. I really want more postures, I loved the Assassin and Necromancer postures in GW1, I really wish we had these in GW2.

I don't even know how to express my distaste for so many styles, I hardly managed to make a character of my liking; and I do love humans because of original GW1 lore and how beautiful they all were in GW1.

I agree with your post in general and especially as regarding human females! I hate the doll-look and then dress them in some weird lingerie impractical armor. I wouldn’t even create a human female until we got more faces with the PoF expansion.

You make me curious to play GW1... Is it currently f2p?

@Chasind.3128 said:

This 1000%Thank you!

This is also a great idea, I'd never even thought of it. It would have opened up so many more possibilities for RP/ lore that GW2 seems to lack face-value wise.

I mean the biggest complaint I see about norn is that they are "Just big humans" and as they are offered to the player in guild wars 2, you would think that they were but no they are so much more. Allowing us to choose what face we wear and how we look would really allow us to show how cool they are; I wouldn't feel bad for playing my norn because right now I kind of do. Lore wise they are badass and just completely take the cake on all the stuff I like especially with how hard and unrelenting they are in a fight; But Thematically and appearence wise they are boring at this point.

They need an overhaul and I wouldn't mind giving up my racial elites to allow them to become a cosmetic "Option" And for those elites to be replaced with somethings, perhaps blessings of the wild or some such thing where we summon a pack of wolves. Or a dire bear or something; This sucks for those of us who loved them in guild wars 1 and saw how amazing they were and could be. My norn would never be in human form; Id always be werebearing out all over the place and giving a charr a run for their money on whom is more beastly.

I hope they consider this; Give us something like the eye of the north cover art but with all the main spirits we can choose, so that we can be the werebeast vikings we were always meant to be. Perhaps then I wouldn't feel so drawn to the charr because then Id be able to be a werebear; Which is one of my favorite fantasy creatures next to the werewolf.

@VDAC.2137 said:

I believe GW1 is still not f2p :/ you have to buy the game.And honestly, I really loved all the different profession feels in GW1. If I rolled a Necromancer, people would know I was a Necromancer because of their intimidating, dangerous posture and darker style.When you look at the box art for all GW1 games you can see how gorgeous all those characters are. Eve the Necromancer, Dervish from Nightfall, Nika the Assassin and female Ritualist, Jora from EotN. I feel all these female characters had so much more personality and attitude than ANY GW2 characters so far. I honestly can't make a female character in GW2 to look as good as they looked in GW1.I feel characters were a lot more dignified in GW1 primarily due to different feels they gave for each profession and ANet cared to make every profession's look distinguishable. Not to mention all the beautiful faces and hairstyles too.

I really hope we get some Original Guild Wars faces and hairstyles for both male and female humans; I also hope we get postures to choose from.

Male Norn from GW1 looked a TON better than male Norn in GW2 too... :/

@Blur.3465 said:

@"VDAC.2137" said:

I believe GW1 is still not f2p :/ you have to buy the game.And honestly, I really loved all the different profession feels in GW1. If I rolled a Necromancer, people would know I was a Necromancer because of their intimidating, dangerous posture and darker style.When you look at the box art for all GW1 games you can see how gorgeous all those characters are. Eve the Necromancer, Dervish from Nightfall, Nika the Assassin and female Ritualist, Jora from EotN. I feel all these female characters had so much more personality and attitude than ANY GW2 characters so far. I honestly can't make a female character in GW2 to look as good as they looked in GW1.I feel characters were a lot more dignified in GW1 primarily due to different feels they gave for each profession and ANet cared to make every profession's look distinguishable. Not to mention all the beautiful faces and hairstyles too.

I really hope we get some Original Guild Wars faces and hairstyles for both male and female humans; I also hope we get postures to choose from.

Male Norn from GW1 looked a TON better than male Norn in GW2 too... :/

You're correct as well, GW1 characters had a better focus & aesthetic than GW2. When buying the game, I'd thought each race/ class would have their own armors & they kind of do- but there is no real set armor except cultural. It's really disappointing.

To get back on track with Hairstyles & more - What kind of Charr hairs would you like to see? I've always compared their manes to horses & recommended something similar to their manes. Example

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:Norn female do have one long wavy/curly style, but it comes with an ugly do-rag, which I end up dyeing the same color as their hair to make it look halfway decent. If I had that style without the rag, I'd use it on all my Norn and Humans.

Yeah! I almost love that hair, but the rag just tarnishes it. I want a She-Ra flowing looking mane of curls - I know there's only so much Anet can do but they are capable of doing a good job- it's just been abit lacking in the character design & hairstyle department