Elonian Allegory (PoF story discussion)

Sylum.1806

Anyone spoken with Agent Hamna at the entrance of the Domain of Vabbi in detail found what she had to say strangely resonant with our current geopolitical climate? That talk about a civilization crumbling to a power vacuum if we remove the dictator, about Elonians brainwashed to see Awakening and the Awakened differently from other Tyrians? Am I the only one who felt like these were allusions to post-war Middle East and North Korea?

Shoutout to the developers by the way. Just as Season 3 surpassed Season 2's storytelling, PoF has surpassed all before it. What a fantastic campaign worthy of a place among classic AAA single player RPG titles.

@Sylum.1806 said:

Shoutout to the developers by the way. Just as Season 3 surpassed Season 2's storytelling, PoF has surpassed all before it. What a fantastic campaign worthy of a place among classic AAA single player RPG titles.

That is either the most sarcastic paragraph ever or you're stretching. The story has been lack luster since mordys involvement. PoF had way too many downs than ups to consider it good.

But to the main point, have you played Gw1? Because this war in game has nothing to do with real life.

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:

@Sylum.1806 said:

That is either the most sarcastic paragraph ever or you're stretching. The story has been lack luster since mordys involvement. PoF had way too many downs than ups to consider it good.

But to the main point, have you played Gw1? Because this war in game has nothing to do with real life.

Wow, that's either cynical or privileged AF. The storytelling hasn't always been perfect. In fact, there have been many flaws. But having to slog 12-14 hours a day doing mobile game development on a product nowhere near as good as GW2, and barely having anytime myself to play games made with dedication and heart, I might be a bit more appreciative and accommodating of developer efforts.

The praise I gave was heartfelt, because producing content is really way tougher than consuming it, especially on a live environment. Honestly, I used to be full of salty comments for video games and their developers until getting into the industry myself. This is honestly an industry that burns people out. I'll like to think PoF deserves some commendation for the quality it did manage to deliver.

@Sylum.1806 said:

@Sylum.1806 said:

Wow, that's either cynical or privileged AF. The storytelling hasn't always been perfect. In fact, there have been many flaws. But having to slog 12-14 hours a day doing mobile game development on a product nowhere near as good as GW2, and barely having anytime myself to play games made with dedication and heart, I might be a bit more appreciative and accommodating of developer efforts.

The praise I gave was heartfelt, because producing content is really way tougher than consuming it, especially on a live environment. Honestly, I used to be full of salty comments for video games and their developers until getting into the industry myself. This is honestly an industry that burns people out. I'll like to think PoF deserves some commendation for the quality it did manage to deliver.

Yet that's a choice a person made into a career.

And I'm not talking about gameplay. That's a different topic :p. Content and development is fine. But like everything, people pay for a quality product that is hardly privileged. Comparing story to an AAA story level is a stretch. They get paid to write, yet the writing has been key at best.

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:

@Sylum.1806 said:

@Sylum.1806 said:

And I'm not talking about gameplay. That's a different topic :p. Content and development is fine. But like everything, people pay for a quality product that is hardly privileged. Comparing story to an AAA story level is a stretch. They get paid to write, yet the writing has been key at best.

We've seen 3a story cough cough destiny cough cough. Bottom line is, pof had better story than anyother stage of the game (ps, s1,2,3 and Hot)

@zealex.9410 said:

@Sylum.1806 said:

@Sylum.1806 said:

We've seen 3a story cough cough destiny cough cough. Bottom line is, pof had better story than anyother stage of the game (ps, s1,2,3 and Hot)

It did :p in my opinion season 1 had the best content. PoF had some awful downs. It barely skims the surface of being better though.

What I do mean it does not compare to the Witcher series or Mass Effect (before the red or blue pill)

Archived