Diminishing returns and Map bonus reward

Hi all,I was trying to form Vial of Powerful Blood in central of tyria from the map bonus reward, I was supposed to get a reward after completing two events with gold rank. Then I realise after certain amount of events I've done, it seemed to stop giving out rewards. I do not know how exactly this DR was triggered. I ran around the map doing different events and never stuck to one event.

The Map Rewards don't give just a single type of item, it cycles through a few (or two, for certain maps).
Map Rewards change weekly. Map Rewards have a cap, as well. Diminishing Returns is character-based, so can be avoided by changing characters.You can learn more about Map Rewards here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_bonus_reward

Good luck.

So, if I'm reading the wiki correctly...

• A map reward track offers better rewards every 20th event completed in that map
  • Diminishing returns on event rewards per character set in after 10 events on a given map
  • "Character-based diminishing returns affect map bonus rewards."

That suggests that the only way to get the full benefit of the 20th event bonus rewards would be to switch characters in that map after every 10th event completed. Also, if someone was inclined to get through the full reward cycle (8K points, or 80 events) they'd need to switch characters 8 times... not that I would be inclined to, but ... wow...

@"IndigoSundown.5419" said:So, if I'm reading the wiki correctly...

• A map reward track offers better rewards every 20th event completed in that map
  • Diminishing returns on event rewards per character set in after 10 events on a given map
  • "Character-based diminishing returns affect map bonus rewards."

That suggests that the only way to get the full benefit of the 20th event bonus rewards would be to switch characters in that map after every 10th event completed. Also, if someone was inclined to get through the full reward cycle (8K points, or 80 events) they'd need to switch characters 8 times... not that I would be inclined to, but ... wow...

No, every 20th Reward, which would be approximately every 40th event.

DR is variable, and it is unclear how it works, exactly. From the Wiki, regarding Map Events: so each character starts fresh for each event or each map is a bit contradictory.

I am fairly sure it takes more than ten events. When I was farming Frostgorge I was there about an hour before DR set in.

Also if you want to farm maps your best best best BEST bet is to buy the pact map things and save them up for the week you want, or when you really want the rewards. They can be used without any DR, no limit. Last time I made a Legendary, Flameseeker, I used about 120 or so of the things and just watched the rewards get given.

DR is an anti-botting method. I know it is inconvinient, specially cause the exact way it works is unknown and possibly subject to change. The more threat from botters there is, the more severe DR effects in place, which means more annoyance to good willed players. Explaining how it works, or giving any means to allow good willing players to avoid DR, means giving bot-programmers the same intelligence. This increases the severity of DR and the actual annoyance.

what I have observed.DR changes from place to place. Some area's hit DR pretty quickly, while others do not.This seems to be in sync with certain bot farm spotsbotting will likely exist more in low level area's as many of the botting accounts are made with invalid creditcard info and are rendered non existing after a few hours, but there are other methods botters use to gain access to the game.