Any fixes to broken berserker?

Crusader.7460

So i would like to know if deves planning on making any fixes to warrior soon coz i would like to know if i have to change character to other class or if i should stop playing Gw 2 altogether.Devs any info?(Im really mad and heartbroken after you guys gutted berserker specialization)

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:This post provides no value. Please try to explain what you think is broken. Be specific.

I provided my opinions about broken berserker in many ohter topis so i wont repeat myself.I just would like to know if anet is gona do something soon about berserker. Any bit of info have big value for me. If they want to do changes in like 6 months i will not care about either broken berserker status or this game altogether because this is simple mockery of class and ppl that were attached to they way you could play berserker.I can only agree that berserker needed changes to be vialbe in pvp and wvw.Before patch it was kinda ok in PVE/Fractals and Raids.But with those changes berserker is like alfa character that wasnt even tested at all. So i call this bs.I belived that anet is competent enough to do those stuff right but after the changes i feel like people that actually had any idea how to do some balance get fired and ppl that left have no clue what they do at all.I know it sound rough and I dont want to hate on people or company but that is how i feel about this.Its like most of the berserk warrior players got middle finger salut.

You mean this post you made ?

"So question do we have to waith 3 months to get warrior berserker fixed? Or we get like some fixes soon? Devs? (The things that have been done feels like apris fool joke).Also if you guys feel the same plis post what you think is broken with warrior so mayby devs will do something soon with bersrker .""

Also has little to no info at all. Broken how ? In what way ? Does it under perform ? Does it over perform ? Is it clunky ? Is the damage too high ? Too low ? Be specific if you want some serious replies and especially wanting anet to take your post serious,because i dont think they can do much with posts like these.

@"Caedmon.6798" said:You mean this post you made ?

"So question do we have to waith 3 months to get warrior berserker fixed? Or we get like some fixes soon? Devs? (The things that have been done feels like apris fool joke).Also if you guys feel the same plis post what you think is broken with warrior so mayby devs will do something soon with bersrker .""

Also has little to no info at all. Broken how ? In what way ? Does it under perform ? Does it over perform ? Is it clunky ? Is the damage too high ? Too low ? Be specific if you want some serious replies and especially wanting anet to take your post serious,because i dont think they can do much with posts like these.

youl like to pick whatever you want without chacking.Here you go for example:

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:So ofcourse this Berserker rework was 100% PVE inspired. But as someone who liked to do unranked PVP and dueling etc on berserker, It is time to drop the elite spec.Here is Why:

First off, this isn't the first time a pve inspired rework of any kind damaged pvp but here are a few points of example as to the situation we have now.

Combat is now clunkier:With the removal of access to core warrior burst skills, we now have less utility / options as to which version of burst is better used for the scenario at any given time.Also consider that we have to fill 3 bars of adrenaline now when we can't even use the first 2 in combat.

The Zerk Eviscerate change is terrible:Even from a pve standpoint but lets talk about the immediate differences.The old version was a leap of 300 range and a cleave - and would double hit on a downed target ( Not even sure if you knew that. )

The new version is a single target ranged eviscerate from the position you stand. But the best part is the range is still only 300 while we lost the leap.considering the new obvious animation there is no reason this range shouldn't be bumped back up to at least the original evis range that got ninja nerfed years ago that no one talked about.

The extend berserk time mechanicThe rage skills that are bad are still bad so there is no point taking any extra to extend time but i guess they are good in pve so it doesn't matter.

The ''reduced defense and taking risk'' speechIs literally cancelled out in 1 trait. ''eternal champion'' . But I guess pve'rs don't use that trait either.

ConclusionThere is more but since nothing will become of this post I won't invest in any more detail. I just find it funny that Berserker got the daredevil ''swipe treatment'' for the sake of differentiation of elite specs, when it was Spellbreaker that had the real identity crisis. ( Core warrior with a full counter and tether )

But it's all good because new arcing slice hits 3 times now.

@Crusader.7460 said:I would also add thisEngage combat:You have to use headbutt with trait savage instinct to cancel stun or use headbutt with outbreak(get rig of 1 skill) to cancel stun or get rid of 1 skill and get signet of fury.You have to use cc /stunbreak or signet just to get fast adrenaline.What the heck.Thats garbage.too long berserkIf you spam to much rage skills you overextend berserk . If you kill trash mobs on fractals you cant get right skills ready for those mini-fights so your dmg is garbage .Also you cant turn off berserk .There should be option to turn off and turn on berserk on the spot.Also if you get berserk time from rage skills like 50% of that time should transfer to next activation of berserk if you previously turned it off.Activation of berserkadrenaline bars to activate it is too much.You either use some very important skills that were designed for cc stunbreaks just to start combat or you press 1 like an a**ole and wait for your adrenaline to go up.Such garbage.Overall dpsOverall dps is too low on condi and on power build.When you try to do any kind of roation you fell like you randomly press buttons and wait to some miracle happen.There is like 0 synergy now with traits.ConclusionPlease revert this garbage and give back the mechanic we get before coz in current state warrior doesnt do dmg is unfun .There is no fluid combat.Class is JOKE.And in the end i would add also this:**-Ther is no point to extend berserker coz it doesnt provide any damage at all in rotations

-Condi Banner build without rage skills provide more actuall dps so you dont want utilize new mechanics.Also Power warrior 32.5k video.You just dont want to use rage mechanics and extend berserk

-Adrenaline production when not in berserk mode is too low

-There is no point to have 3 bars od adrenaline outside bersek.(I know for power berserker 3 bars have sense for short boost of damage but what about condi hmm?Condi have nothing from it)You can use it only to change to berserk.It made more sense to change to berserk on the fly and then you would have to play with 3 adrenaline bars when in berserk mode.For exmaple more dmg and bonuses for higher adrenaline amount spent so it would not be spam fiesta.More thiers of adrenalin will give more damage to power build and give similar trait for condi build that work same - 3,2,1 bars of adrenaline spent gives more damage.

-rage skill should give adrenaline coz outsie of berserk mode they fell really usless.Mayby if they would reduce berserk cooldown and give adrenaline it would be somehow ok

-spamming F1 F1 to transform and do burst is clunky.Make F2 to change to berserk, F1 to burst then F2 to get out of berserk.When you leave berserk you wont loose all time you acumulated in berserk form.You would loose part of it and you also could add trait to reduce the penaly of exiting berserk.(idea below with rage skills rework)

-fights on maps are tragic with berserk coz of clunkiness of changing to berserk and not being able to transform on the spot.You actually dont want to extend berserk in small fights

-Nerfing dmg on condi taits in berserk makes condi build like nonexistent it doesnt do enough damage and rotation is actually very clunky.And if you get some kind of cc or stun during that it gets even worse

-Being in the berserker form and trying to extend it doesnt actually make you do more damage.Traits are static and they cant give you fluid damage buff .If for example you would get %damage based on timer of berserk then that would make sense to extend it.For exmaple you enter berserk you have 15s wich would give you base 15% dmg.Then with trait 5 extra sec youll get extra 5% then you use rage skill youll get more time and more %dmg.And while time is lowering your damage is lowering too.It could be done with some thinking and tweaking.That doesnt have be those numbers.But still in berserker mode you would feel rewarded to extend the time and you could get rid of banners and do the damage and feel like real berserk.

-another thing that would make sense when you enter berserk mode all your rage skill get off colldowns so you could and want tu use then outside berserk mode.And in berserk mode you would actually consider to use them to boost your dps(statment above) or use them as utility skill to cc break stun etc.Variety=win.

-Also outside berserk you should get berserk burst skills but gutted versions that cost like 10 adrenaline . It would work with trade off idea.Youll get some damage but not much but when you get berserk and extend it with rage skills timer with extra %dmg per second it would make like ton more sense imo.

-Sundering leap skill is meh.Barerly usefull.I would change it to insta cast skill gravity stomp.Berserker get so mad and so powerfull he stomps the ground ,that gravity around bend to his will and pulls targets in area(ls say 300-500). By stomping to the ground all targets that got pulled are crippled(like 5 s),weakned (like 10s), vulnerable like 5 stacks for 4-7 second, bleeding like 5 stacks for 10 s.Ofc it would works mostly on trash mobs if it comes to pull, but bosses would get extra conditions.and also in raid fractals situation or simply on map berserk could add up kinda mesmery pull to the table.

-indication of berserk should look more like you get into shroud .Berserker should get visual bar above weapon skills 1-5 with number of time you have left in berserker form.You always would be able to see what time you get and what %dmg bonus you still have in berserk form(idea with rage skills giving %dmg).Current buff icon on the right is not visible and during fight your right buffs side is mess.

All changes i have in mind are for PVE .The numbers should be tested acordingly to PVP and WVW

Honestly in terms of "when" they might do another balance tweak or patch it seems like it might be sooner than we are used to.

Look at the span of time between this balance patch and the one before it. Really only slightly over a month between them, which is shocking because we used to have to wait months, 3 to 4 months usually, between balance patches. So in an ideal world they keep up with that trend and continue to release at least monthly balance tweaks, which I hope they move up to maybe bi-weekly but thats probably a bit too hopeful, and I would say so long as they maintain a rough monthly schedule for it then I'm good with that.

3 to 4 months, or more, between balance patches has been rough.

@Crusader.7460 said:So i would like to know if deves planning on making any fixes to warrior soon coz i would like to know if i have to change character to other class or if i should stop playing Gw 2 altogether.Devs any info?(Im really mad and heartbroken after you guys gutted berserker specialization)

I want fast fixes to but you already know the answer isn't that Anet is going to rush out and fix everything players don't like about Berserker. Making a thread asking when isn't going to make it happen faster either.

I'm going to guess this:

1. Anet 'tweaks' Berserker in the next 1-2 months, which is simply changing some numbers here or there because 'not enough' or 'too much'. It won't address the problems we have. Easy bandaids like more berserker mode duration on Rage skills ... that kind of garbage
  2. IF Anet takes a similar view to players, it will be 3-4 MORE months from there before we get a real change to a few traits traits. If not, this is what we will be working with.

I would bet that the core mechanic of F1 burst triggering Berserker is staying (and no more F2). I am betting that berserker will not see a DPS increase of more than ... 5%?

Combat is now clunkier:With the removal of access to core warrior burst skills, we now have less utility / options as to which version of burst is better used for the scenario at any given time.Also consider that we have to fill 3 bars of adrenaline now when we can't even use the first 2 in combat.

Where did you found pre-berserker state bursts skills usefull?On power berserker you never used them at all, using it without berserker state was a dps loss, originally you was not wasting adrenaline for that just waited till you got it full and then go into berserker to spam burst after burst. You are complaining over a thing you never used...

The Zerk Eviscerate change is terrible:Even from a pve standpoint but lets talk about the immediate differences.The old version was a leap of 300 range and a cleave - and would double hit on a downed target ( Not even sure if you knew that. )The new version is a single target ranged eviscerate from the position you stand. But the best part is the range is still only 300 while we lost the leap.considering the new obvious animation there is no reason this range shouldn't be bumped back up to at least the original evis range that got ninja nerfed years ago that no >one talked about.

The old version was hot trash dps loss and leap was clunky to use, the new one is faster to use. They should make it aoe imho but nothing of a value was really lost.

Engage combat:You have to use headbutt with trait savage instinct to cancel stun or use headbutt with outbreak(get rig of 1 skill) to cancel stun or get rid of 1 skill and get signet of >fury.You have to use cc /stunbreak or signet just to get fast adrenaline.What the heck.Thats garbage.

It was like that before the rework, whats the point in this complaint?

ConclusionThere is more but since nothing will become of this post I won't invest in any more detail. I just find it funny that Berserker got the daredevil ''swipe treatment'' for the sake >of differentiation of elite specs, when it was Spellbreaker that had the real identity crisis. ( Core warrior with a full counter and tether )

Because berserker did not need any changes right?

The extend berserk time mechanicThe rage skills that are bad are still bad so there is no point taking any extra to extend time but i guess they are good in pve so it doesn't matter.

No they are not bad, they are fine.

too long berserkIf you spam to much rage skills you overextend berserk . If you kill trash mobs on fractals you cant get right skills ready for those mini-fights so your dmg is garbage .Also >you cant turn off berserk .There should be option to turn off and turn on berserk on the spot.Also if you get berserk time from rage skills like 50% of that time should >transfer to next activation of berserk if you previously turned it off.

But you just wrote down the rage skills are still bad, but you are using them? Whaat? why?Learn to manage your resources and timings. Berserker before rework had the same thing, you were unable to turn off it any way.

Activation of berserkadrenaline bars to activate it is too much.You either use some very important skills that were designed for cc stunbreaks just to start combat or you press 1 like an a****ole >and wait for your adrenaline to go up.Such garbag

Do you really think it should be that easy to get furry, attack speed, 41% damage, stability and super speed buffs? Sure berserker should get 30 adrenaline once he get hit so he could turn the mode on and murder everything without sacrificing even one slot on his utility bar. huehue

Overall dpsOverall dps is too low on condi and on power build.When you try to do any kind of roation you fell like you randomly press buttons and wait to some miracle >happen.There is like 0 synergy now with traits.

1/10 bait IGN, not felt for it.

ConclusionPlease revert this garbage and give back the mechanic we get before coz in current state warrior doesnt do dmg is unfun .There is no fluid combat.Class is JOKE.

No, a conclusion is a guy who wrote it have not played berserker before rework and is simply trolling hard.

And in the end i would add also this:-Ther is no point to extend berserker coz it doesnt provide any damage at all in rotations-Condi Banner build without rage skills provide more actuall dps so you dont want utilize new mechanics.Also Power warrior 32.5k video.You just dont want to use rage >mechanics and extend berserk-Adrenaline production when not in berserk mode is too lowThere is no point to have 3 bars od adrenaline outside bersek.(I know for power berserker 3 bars have sense for short boost of damage but what about condi hmm?Condi >have nothing from it)You can use it only to change to berserk.It made more sense to change to berserk on the fly and then you would have to play with 3 adrenaline bars >when in berserk mode.For exmaple more dmg and bonuses for higher adrenaline amount spent so it would not be spam fiesta.More thiers of adrenalin will give more >damage to power build and give similar trait for condi build that work same - 3,2,1 bars of adrenaline spent gives more damage.-rage skill should give adrenaline coz outsie of berserk mode they fell really usless.Mayby if they would reduce berserk cooldown and give adrenaline it would be somehow >ok-spamming F1 F1 to transform and do burst is clunky.Make F2 to change to berserk, F1 to burst then F2 to get out of berserk.When you leave berserk you wont loose all time you acumulated in berserk form.You would loose part of it and you also could add trait to reduce the penaly of exiting berserk.(idea below with rage skills rework)

1. 20% damage buff huh? And burst skills.
  2. Banners take time to put and take, they deal no damage and provide only stats, what do you expect from rage skills? To move the earth after use? They deal nice amount of damage on power berserker, banners wont give you more dps themselves. You use banners because they give stats to your team increasing dps for all of them resulting in much higher dps gain, you dont use banners because they are "better" than other skills, lol they are not. They are only good in static PVE where you dont move alot, and once you have another warrior with banners in team they are basically useless.
  3. There are many ways to get it fast, and a trait which grants you bonus adrenaline for each crit hit.
  4. There never was a point to preserve 3 bars of adrenaline, you wanted to use it anyway. Again, manage your timings and resources, berserker mode is actually super strong, if they would make it easier to manage they will have to nerf it to the ground, it was not the point of the rework to buff berserker and make it easier to play.
  5. So according to the thing you wrote above, you want the duration increase to be gone and adrenaline gain to came back? It was like that before the rework and it was useless because the amount of adrenaline you got from these was too much in berserker mode and it was more efficient to just attack anything, 10 adrenaline bar you was refilling super fast with just normal attacks, there was no point using rage skills with berserker ON. At least now with duration increase you dont lose any berserker duration while using them.
  6. Its just asking to make the class more comfortable and easier to play, ignoring any design aspect of a berserker warrior who has their anger flowing through the body, who needs a time to chill down. How it would look like if you could enter berserker, burst someone down and instantly after turn it off? lol

-fights on maps are tragic with berserk coz of clunkiness of changing to berserk and not being able to transform on the spot.You actually dont want to extend berserk in >small fights-Nerfing dmg on condi taits in berserk makes condi build like nonexistent it doesnt do enough damage and rotation is actually very clunky.And if you get some kind of cc >or stun during that it gets even worse-Being in the berserker form and trying to extend it doesnt actually make you do more damage.Traits are static and they cant give you fluid damage buff .If for example >you would get %damage based on timer of berserk then that would make sense to extend it.For exmaple you enter berserk you have 15s wich would give you base 15% >dmg.Then with trait 5 extra sec youll get extra 5% then you use rage skill youll get more time and more %dmg.And while time is lowering your damage is lowering too.It >could be done with some thinking and tweaking.That doesnt have be those numbers.But still in berserker mode you would feel rewarded to extend the time and you >could get rid of banners and do the damage and feel like real berserk.-another thing that would make sense when you enter berserk mode all your rage skill get off colldowns so you could and want tu use then outside berserk mode.And in >berserk mode you would actually consider to use them to boost your dps(statment above) or use them as utility skill to cc break stun etc.Variety=win.-Also outside berserk you should get berserk burst skills but gutted versions that cost like 10 adrenaline . It would work with trade off idea.Youll get some damage but not >much but when you get berserk and extend it with rage skills timer with extra %dmg per second it would make like ton more sense imo.

1. Its just a 15 seconds cooldown.
  2. What exactly did they nerfed duh? Condi berk got the same damage boost buff as power berserker, that 300 condi damage they got after the change to be exact, along with Berserkers Power trait giving 3 stacks instead of 1 on berserker activation. They have not nerfed any of the condi traits just removed "always angry" trait which was 7% damage for 15 sec. Berserker condi got 300 condi damage and 14% damage boost upon activating berserker mode.3, 4. Asking for more damage for a spec that is already dealing tons of damage? Warrior itself has huuge base damage on his skills, a lot of HP and with berserker he deals 41% more damage for 15 seconds and 20% for another 5-10. I dont see why they should grant him more damage. If you change rage skills so they will give you % damage boost, then other utility skills will get useless and never used.
  3. Why would you waste adrenaline for skills, when you could spend 3 bars on broken damage buff and then use their full version for a cost of a 1 adrenaline bar? Your proposal makes no sense.

You sound like someone who never cared to play berserker for longer before the rework, did not paid any attention to it for long time and never learnt how to properly use its resources.Berserker now is fine and even close to the broken side, it deals a ton of damage and pays with some gimmick mechanics for that, nothing is really wrong with him now. He is now much better than before the rework, berserker was in the sorry state and i played it for over half a year that way. They have not nerfed his off-berserker mode, lose of a bursts skill you should never use did nothing to him at least in PVE, in pvp you indeed used GS F1 from time to time, big deal i couldnt care less for a skill that does 2x damage of auto attack... i like new F1 much more. Anet did really good job balancing him this patch and i love this current berserker much more than i did before.The changes you proposed would make sense for a berserker before 22 april patch gone live, but not today. You have to understand that all classes has their downsides, you cant just change stuff, make the class reliable 100% of time, keep their hilarious damage and call it a day, you would make this class 100% fotm. Berserker is already dealing NUCLEAR amounts of damage, you dont want anymore, actually you should expect berserker to be nerf next patch.

@"KelyNeli.4516" said:

Where did you found pre-berserker state bursts skills usefull?On power berserker you never used them at all, using it without berserker state was a dps loss, originally you was not wasting adrenaline for that just waited till you got it full and then go into berserker to spam burst after burst. You are complaining over a thing you never used...

The Zerk Eviscerate change is terrible:Even from a pve standpoint but lets talk about the immediate differences.The old version was a leap of 300 range and a cleave - and would double hit on a downed target ( Not even sure if you knew that. )The new version is a single target ranged eviscerate from the position you stand. But the best part is the range is still only 300 while we lost the leap.considering the new obvious animation there is no reason this range shouldn't be bumped back up to at least the original evis range that got ninja nerfed years ago that no >one talked about.

The old version was hot trash dps loss and leap was clunky to use, the new one is faster to use. They should make it aoe imho but nothing of a value was really lost.

Engage combat:You have to use headbutt with trait savage instinct to cancel stun or use headbutt with outbreak(get rig of 1 skill) to cancel stun or get rid of 1 skill and get signet of >fury.You have to use cc /stunbreak or signet just to get fast adrenaline.What the heck.Thats garbage.

It was like that before the rework, whats the point in this complaint?

ConclusionThere is more but since nothing will become of this post I won't invest in any more detail. I just find it funny that Berserker got the daredevil ''swipe treatment'' for the sake >of differentiation of elite specs, when it was Spellbreaker that had the real identity crisis. ( Core warrior with a full counter and tether )

Because berserker did not need any changes right?

No they are not bad, they are fine.

too long berserkIf you spam to much rage skills you overextend berserk . If you kill trash mobs on fractals you cant get right skills ready for those mini-fights so your dmg is garbage .Also >you cant turn off berserk .There should be option to turn off and turn on berserk on the spot.Also if you get berserk time from rage skills like 50% of that time should >transfer to next activation of berserk if you previously turned it off.

But you just wrote down the rage skills are still bad, but you are using them? Whaat? why?Learn to manage your resources and timings. Berserker before rework had the same thing, you were unable to turn off it any way.

Activation of berserkadrenaline bars to activate it is too much.You either use some very important skills that were designed for cc stunbreaks just to start combat or you press 1 like an a****ole >and wait for your adrenaline to go up.Such garbag

Do you really think it should be that easy to get furry, attack speed, 41% damage, stability and super speed buffs? Sure berserker should get 30 adrenaline once he get hit so he could turn the mode on and murder everything without sacrificing even one slot on his utility bar. huehue

Overall dpsOverall dps is too low on condi and on power build.When you try to do any kind of roation you fell like you randomly press buttons and wait to some miracle >happen.There is like 0 synergy now with traits.

1/10 bait IGN, not felt for it.

ConclusionPlease revert this garbage and give back the mechanic we get before coz in current state warrior doesnt do dmg is unfun .There is no fluid combat.Class is JOKE.

No, a conclusion is a guy who wrote it have not played berserker before rework and is simply trolling hard.

And in the end i would add also this:-Ther is no point to extend berserker coz it doesnt provide any damage at all in rotations-Condi Banner build without rage skills provide more actuall dps so you dont want utilize new mechanics.Also Power warrior 32.5k video.You just dont want to use rage >mechanics and extend berserk-Adrenaline production when not in berserk mode is too lowThere is no point to have 3 bars od adrenaline outside bersek.(I know for power berserker 3 bars have sense for short boost of damage but what about condi hmm?Condi >have nothing from it)You can use it only to change to berserk.It made more sense to change to berserk on the fly and then you would have to play with 3 adrenaline bars >when in berserk mode.For exmaple more dmg and bonuses for higher adrenaline amount spent so it would not be spam fiesta.More thiers of adrenalin will give more >damage to power build and give similar trait for condi build that work same - 3,2,1 bars of adrenaline spent gives more damage.-rage skill should give adrenaline coz outsie of berserk mode they fell really usless.Mayby if they would reduce berserk cooldown and give adrenaline it would be somehow >ok-spamming F1 F1 to transform and do burst is clunky.Make F2 to change to berserk, F1 to burst then F2 to get out of berserk.When you leave berserk you wont loose all time you acumulated in berserk form.You would loose part of it and you also could add trait to reduce the penaly of exiting berserk.(idea below with rage skills rework)
  1. 20% damage buff huh? And burst skills.
  2. Banners take time to put and take, they deal no damage and provide only stats, what do you expect from rage skills? To move the earth after use? They deal nice amount of damage on power berserker, banners wont give you more dps themselves. You use banners because they give stats to your team increasing dps for all of them resulting in much higher dps gain, you dont use banners because they are "better" than other skills, lol they are not. They are only good in static PVE where you dont move alot, and once you have another warrior with banners in team they are basically useless.
  3. There are many ways to get it fast, and a trait which grants you bonus adrenaline for each crit hit.
  4. There never was a point to preserve 3 bars of adrenaline, you wanted to use it anyway. Again, manage your timings and resources, berserker mode is actually super strong, if they would make it easier to manage they will have to nerf it to the ground, it was not the point of the rework to buff berserker and make it easier to play.
  5. So according to the thing you wrote above, you want the duration increase to be gone and adrenaline gain to came back? It was like that before the rework and it was useless because the amount of adrenaline you got from these was too much in berserker mode and it was more efficient to just attack anything, 10 adrenaline bar you was refilling super fast with just normal attacks, there was no point using rage skills with berserker ON. At least now with duration increase you dont lose any berserker duration while using them.
  6. Its just asking to make the class more comfortable and easier to play, ignoring any design aspect of a berserker warrior who has their anger flowing through the body, who needs a time to chill down. How it would look like if you could enter berserker, burst someone down and instantly after turn it off? lol

-fights on maps are tragic with berserk coz of clunkiness of changing to berserk and not being able to transform on the spot.You actually dont want to extend berserk in >small fights-Nerfing dmg on condi taits in berserk makes condi build like nonexistent it doesnt do enough damage and rotation is actually very clunky.And if you get some kind of cc >or stun during that it gets even worse-Being in the berserker form and trying to extend it doesnt actually make you do more damage.Traits are static and they cant give you fluid damage buff .If for example >you would get %damage based on timer of berserk then that would make sense to extend it.For exmaple you enter berserk you have 15s wich would give you base 15% >dmg.Then with trait 5 extra sec youll get extra 5% then you use rage skill youll get more time and more %dmg.And while time is lowering your damage is lowering too.It >could be done with some thinking and tweaking.That doesnt have be those numbers.But still in berserker mode you would feel rewarded to extend the time and you >could get rid of banners and do the damage and feel like real berserk.-another thing that would make sense when you enter berserk mode all your rage skill get off colldowns so you could and want tu use then outside berserk mode.And in >berserk mode you would actually consider to use them to boost your dps(statment above) or use them as utility skill to cc break stun etc.Variety=win.-Also outside berserk you should get berserk burst skills but gutted versions that cost like 10 adrenaline . It would work with trade off idea.Youll get some damage but not >much but when you get berserk and extend it with rage skills timer with extra %dmg per second it would make like ton more sense imo.
  1. Its just a 15 seconds cooldown.
  2. What exactly did they nerfed duh? Condi berk got the same damage boost buff as power berserker, that 300 condi damage they got after the change to be exact, along with Berserkers Power trait giving 3 stacks instead of 1 on berserker activation. They have not nerfed any of the condi traits just removed "always angry" trait which was 7% damage for 15 sec. Berserker condi got 300 condi damage and 14% damage boost upon activating berserker mode.3, 4. Asking for more damage for a spec that is already dealing tons of damage? Warrior itself has huuge base damage on his skills, a lot of HP and with berserker he deals 41% more damage for 15 seconds and 20% for another 5-10. I dont see why they should grant him more damage. If you change rage skills so they will give you % damage boost, then other utility skills will get useless and never used.
  3. Why would you waste adrenaline for skills, when you could spend 3 bars on broken damage buff and then use their full version for a cost of a 1 adrenaline bar? Your proposal makes no sense.

You sound like someone who never cared to play berserker for longer before the rework, did not paid any attention to it for long time and never learnt how to properly use its resources.Berserker now is fine and even close to the broken side, it deals a ton of damage and pays with some gimmick mechanics for that, nothing is really wrong with him now. He is now much better than before the rework, berserker was in the sorry state and i played it for over half a year that way. They have not nerfed his off-berserker mode, lose of a bursts skill you should never use did nothing to him. Anet did really good job balancing him this patch and i love this current berserker much more than i did before.The changes you proposed would make sense for a berserker before 22 april patch gone live, but not today. You have to understand that all classes has their downsides, you cant just change stuff, make the class reliable 100% of time, keep their hilarious damage and call it a day, you would make this class 100% fotm. Berserker is already dealing NUCLEAR amounts of damage, you dont want anymore, actually you should expect berserker to be nerf next patch.

Berserker is only "fine" because Arc Divider is so over tuned and overpowered right now that it entirely carries the Elite Spec. It can literally one shot people, and be used twice for that matter in rather quick succession. Once Arc Divider gets the nerf that will happen, and unfortunately needs, Berserker will be nowhere near as useful as some have been implying it is. Even knowing this it still isn't even all that strong. Has a ton of damage, sure, but otherwise I haven't run into a single Berserker whose Berserk Mode I haven't been able to just completely negate by just kiting or in the case of Gunflame just stand behind an obstruction.

When an entire Elite Spec is carried by a single, over-tuned, overpowered skill it isn't "fine", its horribly constructed.

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:Berserker is only "fine" because Arc Divider is so over tuned and overpowered right now that it entirely carries the Elite Spec. It can literally one shot people, and be used twice for that matter in rather quick succession. Once Arc Divider gets the nerf that will happen, and unfortunately needs, Berserker will be nowhere near as useful as some have been implying it is. Even knowing this it still isn't even all that strong. Has a ton of damage, sure, but otherwise I haven't run into a single Berserker whose Berserk Mode I haven't been able to just completely negate by just kiting or in the case of Gunflame just stand behind an obstruction.

When an entire Elite Spec is carried by a single, over-tuned, overpowered skill it isn't "fine", its horribly constructed.

You are talking here about pvp only in which this spec was bad before the rework, however berserker in PVE is really good and dish out a lot of dmg. Berserker in WvW is still better than it was before.You cant have everything, you will have mediocore spec in pvp but good at WvW and PVE.Before you were bad in all the three.I found it funny a lot of people out of nowhere jumped on the berserker with expectation hitting the stratosphere, expected to be given a class that will be better than a class what they were playing before trying berserker. It is not going to happen, if they dont like it, simply dont play it.I could bet no one complaining on this forum actually played berserker for the last few months.

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:Berserker is only "fine" because Arc Divider is so over tuned and overpowered right now that it entirely carries the Elite Spec. It can literally one shot people, and be used twice for that matter in rather quick succession. Once Arc Divider gets the nerf that will happen, and unfortunately needs, Berserker will be nowhere near as useful as some have been implying it is. Even knowing this it still isn't even all that strong. Has a ton of damage, sure, but otherwise I haven't run into a single Berserker whose Berserk Mode I haven't been able to just completely negate by just kiting or in the case of Gunflame just stand behind an obstruction.

This is important point to support ... having one OPed skill does NOT make the Beserker espec 'fine' and if that skill was nerfed (as I entirely expect it will be because the design heavily bias from other meaningful choices), berserker would trash mode in practically every situation where other classes can't support it. It indicates a severe failure in class design if a espec needs to be carried with this one skill.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:Berserker is only "fine" because Arc Divider is so over tuned and overpowered right now that it entirely carries the Elite Spec. It can literally one shot people, and be used twice for that matter in rather quick succession. Once Arc Divider gets the nerf that
will
happen, and unfortunately needs, Berserker will be nowhere near as useful as some have been implying it is. Even knowing this it still isn't even all that strong. Has a ton of damage, sure, but otherwise I haven't run into a single Berserker whose Berserk Mode I haven't been able to just completely negate by just
kiting
or in the case of Gunflame just stand behind an obstruction.

You are talking here about pvp only in which this spec was bad before the rework, however berserker in PVE is really good and dish out a lot of dmg. Berserker in WvW is still better than it was before.You cant have everything, you will have mediocore spec in pvp but good at WvW and PVE.Before you were bad in all the three.I found it funny a lot of people out of nowhere jumped on the berserker with expectation hitting the stratosphere, expected to be given a class that will be better than a class what they were playing before trying berserker. It is not going to happen, if they dont like it, simply dont play it.I could bet no one complaining on this forum actually played berserker for the last few months.

Its really not better. I wasn't talking about Berserker only in sPvP, I was referring to it in WvW. Its not great. It gets kited very easily especially because its a much more open environment than is allowed, or available, in sPvP.

Also of course its fine in PvE, that damage was needed but it will still likely get nerfed significantly in PvP/WvW, specifically Arc Divider.

You might be riding high right now on the intense damage that Arc Divider does but again that is really all it has. In fact last night I was playing with a few guildies and one of them was running around just intentionally memeing with Arc Divider and its obscene damage. Its a meme, that is essentially all it is good for right at this moment just the same as Gunflame was at the very beginning of HoT before it got nerfed. Arc Divider will be nerfed and then it will fall right back into "pure meme" territory.

At least for PvP/WvW. The damage can stay in PvE, it obviously needs it.

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:Its really not better. I wasn't talking about Berserker only in sPvP, I was referring to it in WvW. Its not great. It gets kited very easily especially because its a much more >open environment than is allowed, or available, in sPvP.Also of course its fine in PvE, that damage was needed but it will still likely get nerfed significantly in PvP/WvW, specifically Arc Divider.You might be riding high right now on the intense damage that Arc Divider does but again that is really all it has. In fact last night I was playing with a few guildies and one >of them was running around just intentionally memeing with Arc Divider and its obscene damage. Its a meme, that is essentially all it is good for right at this moment just >the same as Gunflame was at the very beginning of HoT before it got nerfed. Arc Divider will be nerfed and then it will fall right back into "pure meme" territory.At least for PvP/WvW. The damage can stay in PvE, it obviously needs it.

So is core warrior i guess? Does he have something unique that will make him immune to all CC, or pull enemies running away from him or things like that?Dont tell me that burst skill with damage equivalent of 2 auto attacks and tree that grant some damage with few boons could be better than 100% damage reduction, superspeed, free ferocity, 300 power and 20% damage, please. They will have to reduce Arc Diver damage by 50% if they want to make it similarly strong as the old one, even if the cut by 25% it still will be better than it was before rework.

If you cant play warrior, then dont play it.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:Its really not better. I wasn't talking about Berserker
only
in sPvP, I was referring to it in WvW. Its not great. It gets kited very easily especially because its a much more >open environment than is allowed, or available, in sPvP.Also of course its fine in PvE, that damage was needed but it will still likely get nerfed significantly in PvP/WvW, specifically Arc Divider.You might be riding high right now on the intense damage that Arc Divider does but again that is really all it has. In fact last night I was playing with a few guildies and one >of them was running around just intentionally memeing with Arc Divider and its obscene damage. Its a meme, that is essentially all it is good for right at this moment just >the same as Gunflame was at the very beginning of HoT before it got nerfed. Arc Divider will be nerfed and then it will fall right back into "pure meme" territory.At least for PvP/WvW. The damage can stay in PvE, it obviously needs it.

So is core warrior i guess? Does he have something unique that will make him immune to all CC, or pull enemies running away from him or things like that?Dont tell me that burst skill with damage equivalent of 2 auto attacks and tree that grant some damage with few boons could be better than 100% damage reduction, superspeed, free ferocity, 300 power and 20% damage, please. They will have to reduce Arc Diver damage by 50% if they want to make it similarly strong as the old one, even if the cut by 25% it still will be better than it was before rework.

If you cant play warrior, then dont play it.

Berserker is deficient and weak in this regard because of Berserk Mode and because Arc Divider makes its a one trick pony. Simply kite out Berserk Mode and avoid the Arc Divider, which is only usable for a 15 (20 when traited) second duration, and the Berserker is then left with nothing. Its the same exact reason why Rampage isn't actually as OP as people think it is. Sure its strong in a scenario where someone won't disengage and kite but the moment someone does...its pretty worthless and anyone worth their salt as a PvPer will disengage and/or kite.

Core Warrior doesn't have these same problems that Berserker does because it has access to its sustain and burst damage much more frequently than Berserker meaning it applies pressure better and more consistently while also being able to maintain its sustain.

Berserker is for sure designed to be more of a glass cannon, however when the moments available to the said glass cannon are so time and resource gated it makes it very easy to simply avoid it. It makes the Elite Spec a one trick pony, one I have fought several times now with my Core Warrior, and I can't say its been a very complicated fight to think around. Avoid the Arc Divider, let Berserk Mode tick away...and you're all good.

Like I said, I'm sure you're riding high with the Arc Divider damage especially when most people right now just mostly don't know how to deal with that kind of burst anyway, but that doesn't mean Berserker is fine. It just means Berserker is a meme and once Arc Divider gets nerfed in PvP it won't even have that to hold it up.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:"Gutted" https://gph.is/g/a9qjo8a

Yeah dude its a meme. Last time I died to an Arc Divider was....first day of the rework? Other than that, naw...not really. One trick pony.

Like its been repeated here time and again...once Arc Divider gets nerfed it won't be "fine". One skill being way over tuned and overpowered does not make it "fine". Also why the hell were you guys still in melee range and attacking them while they had Endure Pain active...? You weren't even hitting with CCs to justify that, unless they had Last Stand/Balanced Stance active...not that I could tell, the quality on that gif is horrendous.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:Berserker is deficient and weak in this regard because of Berserk Mode and because Arc Divider makes its a one trick pony. Simply kite out Berserk Mode and avoid the Arc Divider, which is only usable for a 15 (20 when traited) second duration, and the Berserker is then left with nothing. Its the same exact reason why Rampage isn't actually as OP as people think it is. Sure its strong in a scenario where someone won't disengage and kite but the moment someone does...its pretty worthless and anyone worth their salt as a PvPer will disengage and/or kite.

Core Warrior doesn't have these same problems that Berserker does because it has access to its sustain and burst damage much more frequently than Berserker meaning it applies pressure better and more consistently while also being able to maintain its sustain.

Berserker is for sure designed to be more of a glass cannon, however when the moments available to the said glass cannon are so time and resource gated it makes it very easy to simply avoid it. It makes the Elite Spec a one trick pony, one I have fought several times now with my Core Warrior, and I can't say its been a very complicated fight to think around. Avoid the Arc Divider, let Berserk Mode tick away...and you're all good.

Like I said, I'm sure you're riding high with the Arc Divider damage especially when most people right now just mostly don't know how to deal with that kind of burst anyway, but that doesn't mean Berserker is fine. It just means Berserker is a meme and once Arc Divider gets nerfed in PvP it won't even have that to hold it up.

So the best thing to do when you are facing berserker is to run away from him until he is done.Do you know rifles hits just a little less than GS? Try it on Zerk next time, people then will have to change map if hey want to survive.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:Berserker is deficient and weak in this regard
because
of Berserk Mode and
because
Arc Divider makes its a one trick pony. Simply kite out Berserk Mode and avoid the Arc Divider, which is only usable for a 15 (20 when traited) second duration, and the Berserker is then left with nothing. Its the same exact reason why Rampage isn't actually as OP as people think it is. Sure its strong in a scenario where someone won't disengage and kite but the moment someone does...its pretty worthless and anyone worth their salt as a PvPer
will
disengage and/or kite.

So the best thing to do when you are facing berserker is to run away from him until he is done.Do you know rifles hits just a little less than GS? Try it on Zerk next time, people then will have to change map if hey want to survive.

Or they can just break line of sight by using terrain, structures or other obstacles. It isn't difficult.

And you're assuming "kiting and disengaging" is running away, its actually a vital aspect to playing this game well in PvP. Its either to bait out mobility cooldowns, animations or give you some breathing room to regain health or wait on your own cooldowns to be available.

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:Or they can just break line of sight by using terrain, structures or other obstacles. It isn't difficult.

And you're assuming "kiting and disengaging" is running away, its actually a vital aspect to playing this game well in PvP. Its either to bait out mobility cooldowns, animations or give you some breathing room to regain health or wait on your own cooldowns to be available.

Thats life, and im fine with it.Berserker should be diverse spec and should have diverse playstyle. It does to a great degree, and its actually amazing to play it.Dont worry, berserker players will find their own way to make it working fine in pvp, its been only a week since the rework.Just pls stop asking to homogenize the gameplay of all classes and specs, ty.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:Or they can just break line of sight by using terrain, structures or other obstacles. It isn't difficult.

Thats life, and im fine with it.Berserker should be diverse spec and should have diverse playstyle. It does to a great degree, and its actually amazing to play it.Dont worry, berserker players will find their own way to make it working fine in pvp, its been only a week since the rework.Just pls stop asking to homogenize the gameplay of all classes and specs, ty.

I'm not asking them to homogenize them all, I'm asking that they do better. Currently balance is a mess because of these similarly power crept skills or functions of traits that just over tune particular classes and just promotes cheesy strategies. Its across more than just Berserker, which as I've said is a one trick pony meme class at this point now.

For that matter asking for Anet to not make Berserker a one trick pony Elite Spec to even remotely function well isn't asking for them to homogenize the gameplay of all classes, again...I want them to do better than this. There are so many more routes they could have gone, different things they could have done and instead we got this Elite Spec that is carried by an over tuned skill that will inevitably be nerfed and just nullify Berserker yet again.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:I did play it actually, I even played it before it got nerfed before PoF. Berserker wasn't even all that weak, it just did not function that well comparatively to Spellbreaker or even Core Warrior in PvP. It needed some definite functionality changes to bring it back up to par with the other Warrior specs but this wasn't it. It still under-performs in that regard. In PvE I'm sure its doing a ton of damage, like I said I have no problem with that whatever, but PvE isn't exactly the most challenging thing in GW2. Especially not Open World PvE. I've used it in Open World PvE since the rework as well, and yeah sure its fine, power damage Berserker has made a comeback in PvE, but again...it doesn't really strain the Berserker in the same way, or much at all for that matter.

PvE enemies for the most part stand still, they don't dodge or kite or disengage their enemies. They have a set behavior and they execute that behavior. They don't anticipate or bait or anything.

If Berserker stays the way it is, even if it gets the nerf to Arc Divider, then I'll just continue to use Core Warrior like I always do, I enjoy that the most anyway, but I really enjoyed Berserker similarly before the pre-PoF nerf and you're right you can tell the difference...the difference is that this does not feel better than that in PvP. It feels worse. One trick pony builds don't do well in PvP, they might run over the more than frequent lesser experienced player but the moment you go up against an actual good player? Good luck with that.

So you have no comparison.This rework is a huge buff to the berserker.Forget about his far past from over a year ago, you should have played him before the change and compare that with the current one.The current one is way better, and you guys are just complaining because you expected Anet to make another overpowered spec.And yes it does feel better on all the grounds in the game, how you could even tell that if you didnt played for the past year?

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:
I did play it actually, I even played it before it got nerfed before PoF. Berserker wasn't even all that weak
, it just did not function that well comparatively to Spellbreaker or even Core Warrior in PvP. It needed some definite functionality changes to bring it back up to par with the other Warrior specs but this wasn't it. It still under-performs in that regard. In PvE I'm sure its doing a ton of damage, like I said I have no problem with that
whatever
, but PvE isn't exactly the most challenging thing in GW2. Especially not Open World PvE. I've used it in Open World PvE since the rework as well, and yeah sure its fine, power damage Berserker has made a comeback in PvE, but again...it doesn't really
strain
the Berserker in the same way, or much at all for that matter.

PvE enemies for the most part stand still, they don't dodge or kite or disengage their enemies. They have a set behavior and they execute that behavior. They don't anticipate or bait or anything.

If Berserker stays the way it is, even if it gets the nerf to Arc Divider, then I'll just continue to use Core Warrior like I always do, I enjoy that the most anyway, but I really enjoyed Berserker similarly before the pre-PoF nerf and you're right you can tell the difference...the difference is that this
does not
feel better than that in PvP. It feels worse. One trick pony builds don't do well in PvP, they might run over the more than frequent lesser experienced player but the moment you go up against an actual good player? Good luck with that.

So you have no comparison.This rework is a huge buff to the berserker.Forget about his far past from over a year ago, you should have played him before the change and compare that with the current one.The current one is way better, and you guys are just complaining because you expected Anet to make another overpowered spec.And yes it
does
feel better on all the grounds in the game, how you could even tell that if you didnt played for the past year?

I did play it before this rework...not just over a year ago. I've played against it as well, many times over.

It wasn't great even before this rework, it was "okay" and only in regards to very specific situations such as duels. It actually had much more utility than it does now, especially in regards to its traits. Does it feel better than it did in PvE? I'm sure it does, but its worse in PvP/WvW and it shows considerably. Other than the fact that its a one shot build specifically just for memeing around, it really doesn't do much of anything else.

You might think differently, you clearly do, so at this point its pointless for either of us to try to convince the other. I disagree with you, you disagree with me. Its as simple as that at this point. I'll just sit back and wait for the inevitable Arc Divider nerf and see if you still hold the same opinion afterwards, that Berserker is "fine" in all areas of the game. Otherwise you can continue to try to imply that I have no idea what I'm talking about despite me having played this game for nearly 7 years now, minimal breaks, with majority of that time spent on Warrior and having been playing in PvP/WvW with it.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:I'm not asking them to homogenize them all, I'm asking that they do better. Currently balance is a mess because of these similarly power crept skills or functions of traits that just over tune particular classes and just promotes cheesy strategies. Its across more than just Berserker, which as I've said is a one trick pony meme class at this point now.

For that matter asking for Anet to
not
make Berserker a one trick pony Elite Spec to even remotely function well isn't asking for them to homogenize the gameplay of all classes, again...I want them to do better than this. There are so many more routes they could have gone, different things they could have done and instead we got this Elite Spec that is carried by an over tuned skill that will inevitably be nerfed and just nullify Berserker yet again.

They actually did with berserker.Before he was a weak, now he is much much better. He always was a one trick pony spec to play, whats wrong with that?

There is LOTS wrong with that. Pretending that's not a problem is a very unreasonable way to direct the discussion here. Dismissing the problems with Berserker with 'play something else' is not addressing it's problems.

I think everyone can say with a certain degree of confidence that arc divider is overtuned and SHOULD be getting a nerf soon.

That's not to say the underperforming aspects are undertuned and SHOULD be getting an adjustment either.

This applies to every profession and is an issue anet has been dealing with since day one. We can't just leave a someone with a strong right arm and a weak left leg, the end is that it's still imbalanced as fuck.