The idea of making Berserker having tradeoffs to use Berserk is a great step thematically speaking but it fails it multiple areas from a PvE perspective. Here's why...
- It's not at all a DPS heavy long duration burst mode for warrior at its current state. Full DPS power zerkers don't have comparable burst to other classes at the moment. That means for lots of raid bosses and in fractals there are plenty of better options.
- Its current rotation for the Condi BS variant is extremely clunky now and the removal of F1 abilities such as combustive shot really makes me wonder if they put these changes into testing or practice to see how badly the rotation flows now. It feels like condi warriors were just ignored.
- The current damage in berserker mode doesn't seem to really signify any sort of meaningful trade off. If anything Berserker damage is not as comparable to other classes and are without any useful/meaningful CC. This is the case for Power Berserkers or Condi BS/DPS variants.
- The removal of always angry's previous abilities just made the class an overall nerf as opposed to giving us that "Beserker" concept that Arenanet seemed to be going for. DPS condi variants aren't even doing more than damage than Condi BS pre-patch.
- Was also removing adrenaline gain on rage abilities necessary? Why dumb down the rotation more when it wasn't that difficult to begin with?
- Additional note: I've always thought Condi BS specifically needed a nerf and 4k damage is acceptable especially with the stats they provide, the issue is that Anet has completely ignored their practical rotation when it was doing wonderfully before in that aspect. Removing certainly abilities is baffling and I'm not sure why that direction was taken. Anet can still keep the thematic part of warriors while allowing them to keep baseline F1 abilities. Allow us to do something on our downtime and if we're doing too much damage it's as easy as adjusting numbers.
- Additional Additional Note: I have no idea where Anet is going with this class. I respect all arguments about banners not being needed and making us full dps, it's just that full dps options are mediocre at best. Warriors just have no place right now without banners. That option to DPS that Anet tried to give warriors is nonexistent still and because of that +including the issues listed above, this was a poorly executed patch.
P.S (Why is there a banner bug now too?)