Is Power Druid still valid in PvE/Fractals/Raids?

Issildia.1289

I mainly play my Ele these days but I miss playing my ranger. It seems like the most favored ranger builds are condi now, but I have never loved SB or Torch. I have Kudzu and Bolt for a reason, I love the longbow and S/A combo. I also loved the ability to buff the party with Grace of the Land. It kept combat enjoyable and fast, and I rarely grew bored with it. So is Power Druid dead now? if so, can someone look in their crystal ball and see if Anet will balance out Condi and Power one day in the near future? If would be so awesome if I could actually choose between the two based on play-style rather than one outpacing the other in pure dps.

I mean it's still valid in the sense that you mostly take a druid for it's buffs rather than its damage. Is it the best damage? Not by any means, but you are doing your part in boosting your team members' damage. You also have the option of taking staff as a Power Druid where trying to do that with Condi Druid would wreck its damage potential which is partly why you're taking a condi druid to begin with.

Will Power and Condi be balanced out? Tale as old as time, I'm afraid.

Archived