Daily 15K AP

After reaching the 15.000 achievement points cap from Dailies and Monthlies there is no incentive to keep doing the daily. Since we capped it, I and some guildmates never touched the daily again; it's simply not worth doing it for the 2 golds only.

Either increase the gold to 3 or 4 golds after the 15K cap since you're no longer getting APs or add some other reward past this mark as it looks a bit punishing once you hit it.

@Nafets.1238 said:After reaching the 15.000 achievement points cap from Dailies and Monthlies there is no incentive to keep doing the daily. Since we capped it, I and some guildmates never touched the daily again; it's simply not worth doing it for the 2 golds only.

Either increase the gold to 3 or 4 golds after the 15K cap since you're no longer getting APs or add some other reward past this mark as it looks a bit punishing once you hit it.

Then dont do them problem solved. ( I and many others are happy for the free 2 gold for easy dailys like wvw sentry, monument, camp and big spender.or spvp kills, rank points and track reward, or pve vista viewer, jump puzzel, harvesting and mini dungeon)

@Linken.6345 said:Then dont do them problem solved.

Coincidentally / Alanis Morissette Ironically, that purportedly is why ANET put the AP cap in the first place, because they worried players felt pressured to do their dailies every day for that AP reward. I personally don't buy that explanation, and instead surmise that they didn't want players to get high AP numbers just by picking berries or standing on vistas every day. /shrug

@Nafets.1238 said:After reaching the 15.000 achievement points cap from Dailies and Monthlies there is no incentive to keep doing the daily. Since we capped it, I and some guildmates never touched the daily again; it's simply not worth doing it for the 2 golds only.

I dunno, often 2g for a few seconds of work seems fine to me.Most of the time its vista, 4 node gathers, and 2 pvp potions consuming.Loading screens are often longer than the time it takes to do them.And 99.9% of the time there’s a mesmer at the JP.I’d say, be glad we’re getting 2g for so little work

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Coincidentally / Alanis Morissette Ironically, that purportedly is why ANET put the AP cap in the first place, because they worried players felt pressured to do their dailies every day for that AP reward. I personally don't buy that explanation, and instead surmise that they didn't want players to get high AP numbers just by picking berries or standing on vistas every day. /shrug

To be fair. If we get 1 ap for dealing with joko’s messy traps that bug out 95% of the time, got 10 ap for picking a few berries,then yes, the AP values are grossly misbalanced

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

If you look through the old forum you can find topics from the hardcore AP hunters literally begging Anet to put a cap on dailies because they were so sick of feeling pressured to do them every single day. Anet actually tried to compromise first by making it so you only have to do 3 but still get the 10 AP you used to get from doing all 10 that were available, but apparently that wasn't enough.

2g from 15 minutes-max daily then do the daily teq and you'll have your daily 4g and extra loot from teq with a chance of an ascended weapon. That's been my daily routine since they upgraded teq. Granted i do other meta's but for just casual gold grinding, its fast and easy. Do that for a month and you'll have 120g just from 30 mins of playing per day. Can't be more casual than that.

@Danikat.8537 said:

If you look through the old forum you can find topics from the hardcore AP hunters literally begging Anet to put a cap on dailies because they were so sick of feeling pressured to do them every single day. Anet actually tried to compromise first by making it so you only have to do 3 but still get the 10 AP you used to get from doing all 10 that were available, but apparently that wasn't enough.

That actually makes me sad to read. So now, if you want any of the higher AP achievement chests, you have to be sure to play all game modes (PvE, WvW and sPvP) as well as hunt down AP during each living story episode / holiday event.

What rational, intelligent and logical person would conclude that THIS is a better system than allowing players to slowly progress to those goalposts simply by doing dailies to fill the gap? :boggle:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:Then dont do them problem solved.

That actually makes me sad to read. So now, if you want any of the higher AP achievement chests, you have to be sure to play all game modes (PvE, WvW and sPvP) as well as hunt down AP during each living story episode / holiday event.

What rational, intelligent and logical person would conclude that THIS is a better system than allowing players to slowly progress to those goalposts simply by doing dailies to fill the gap? :boggle:

Yes, to achieve achievement points past the daily cap, you need to actually play the game. What higher Ap chests are you aiming for? The items past 40k AP? or just the gems? I got over 26k just by doin pve and dailes in 6 years. I used to be stricter on getting all AP's when new LS came out but I hardly try to finish them all anymore since getting more AP doesn't appeal to me.

And this argument appears all the time about the daily cap.

Take this thread for example: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73348/daily-ap-cap/p1

Bottom line, Anet will not increase the daily cap anytime soon. People have been asking this for years.

@Danikat.8537 said:

It used to be 12ap for all of em mate other then that correct.

There's no need for Anet to tie any additional incentives to dailies (or any other in-game activity) as long as they are content with the number of people participating in those activities. If dailies don't appeal to you, then you are free to ignore them. The beauty of this game is that there are alternate paths to pretty much everything, so not participating in dailies (or whatever else) is of no consequence to your ability to do other things.

@"Rasimir.6239" said:There's no need for Anet to tie any additional incentives to dailies (or any other in-game activity) as long as they are content with the number of people participating in those activities. If dailies don't appeal to you, then you are free to ignore them. The beauty of this game is that there are alternate paths to pretty much everything, so not participating in dailies (or whatever else) is of no consequence to your ability to do other things.

You and others like you miss the point. I'll explain so you no longer get confused. Our issue with an AP cap would be like if you used your favortie skill a ton, but Anet said "after 10k uses, you can still use it, but the effects are cut down to 10%". So yes, you are free to use it and will get a little something out of it, but it is no longer the same fun you used to get. Some of us enjoy this challenge and Anet takes it away. I have no clue why anet feels removing fun content that hurts no one at all is considered fun for them.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

AP from dailies dilutes the system. Personally, I’d say remove all AP from dailies and rebalance the rewards to reflect that. If someone wants to increase their AP in the achievement system then they have to do the actual achievements.

I am playing WvW and I don't want to do them but I somehow find them completed after 20-30 minutes ;)

Just because some people have reached the cap, shouldn't give them an edge (economical or whatever)

@Haleydawn.3764 said:I reached my cap a long time ago. The only daily I do is daily Mystic Forger, and sometimes the WvW dailies.I don’t feel punished, I feel relieved to not feel the need to log in every day now.

Posts like this always make me so sad. Anyone who has ever felt the 'need' to log in for any reason should do some serious self reflection. We're playing a video game . . .

@Ayrilana.1396 said:AP from dailies dilutes the system. Personally, I’d say remove all AP from dailies and rebalance the rewards to reflect that. If someone wants to increase their AP in the achievement system then they have to do the actual achievements.The trouble with this logic is that many of the 'actual' achievements are just as trivial as dailies . . .

The best solution would be to remove the unique rewards from the AP reward track and just have it repeat like the other tracks . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:I reached my cap a long time ago. The only daily I do is daily Mystic Forger, and sometimes the WvW dailies.I don’t feel punished, I feel relieved to not feel the need to log in every day now.

Posts like this always make me so sad. Anyone who has ever felt the 'need' to log in for any reason should do some serious self reflection. We're playing a video game . . .

@Ayrilana.1396 said:AP from dailies dilutes the system. Personally, I’d say remove all AP from dailies and rebalance the rewards to reflect that. If someone wants to increase their AP in the achievement system then they have to do the actual achievements.The trouble with this logic is that many of the 'actual' achievements are just as trivial as dailies . . .

The best solution would be to remove the unique rewards from the AP reward track and just have it repeat like the other tracks . . .Some but not all are like that. Having dailies give AP, and especially if the cap were removed, would just let people continue to get their AP through trivial achievements.

@Gop.8713 said:Posts like this always make me so sad. Anyone who has ever felt the 'need' to log in for any reason should do some serious self reflection. We're playing a video game . . .

@Ayrilana.1396 said:AP from dailies dilutes the system. Personally, I’d say remove all AP from dailies and rebalance the rewards to reflect that. If someone wants to increase their AP in the achievement system then they have to do the actual achievements.The trouble with this logic is that many of the 'actual' achievements are just as trivial as dailies . . .But they are different kinds of trivial achievements. You can't complete the agent of entropy indefinitely, or defeat unlimited numbers of inquest, or repeat using the diving goggles. To add to your ap, you have to do something differnt. It may be trivial, but it's still something different, which actually turns ap into something that gives an indication of how many areas of the game you've tried. Or would, if half of it wouldn't come from the same comparably small pool of trivial daily tasks.

@wickedkae.4980 said:

@"Rasimir.6239" said:There's no need for Anet to tie any additional incentives to dailies (or any other in-game activity) as long as they are content with the number of people participating in those activities. If dailies don't appeal to you, then you are free to ignore them. The beauty of this game is that there are alternate paths to pretty much everything, so not participating in dailies (or whatever else) is of no consequence to your ability to do other things.

You and others like you miss the point. I'll explain so you no longer get confused. Our issue with an AP cap would be like if you used your favortie skill a ton, but Anet said "after 10k uses, you can still use it, but the effects are cut down to 10%". So yes, you are free to use it and will get a little something out of it, but it is no longer the same fun you used to get. Some of us enjoy this challenge and Anet takes it away. I have no clue why anet feels removing fun content that hurts no one at all is considered fun for them.

You find doing dailies day after day after day challenging? What about the challenge of trying to gain ap from different activities each day instead? If you are looking for challenge, wouldn't that be a much more interesting avenue to pursue?

Besides, there's no need to be condescending. I'm not confused in the least. I do dailies whenever they suit me and enjoy the rewards they give me (which btw haven't included ap for a good while, as I'm capped on those). If you don't enjoy doing dailies without ap that's too bad for you, but that's your personal problem, not a game problem.