Condi Daredevil - No Synergetic Master Trait — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Condi Daredevil - No Synergetic Master Trait

All 3 Master Traits are synergetic with power builds. All 3 may also help with hyrbrid builds. But none of the 3 are synergetic for straight condi builds. Condi Daredevils have 3 master traits to choose from but none of them synergize with strait condi builds.

Comments

  • SehferViega.8725SehferViega.8725 Member ✭✭✭

    That's true.

    I have proposed this layout

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/74348/reorganize-new-daredevil-traits-in-a-better-order#latest

    in order to have better synergy with condi build and other power builds like daredevil D/D, S/D and Staff.

  • killy.3278killy.3278 Member ✭✭

    Serious question, what pure condi thief build is there left for it to matter at this point?

  • SehferViega.8725SehferViega.8725 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2019

    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZEQNAoYVn8laZiCTlPZhTCnw0JRTQ/k/JLtEmXZoNkimPhrwZoWA4AsAA-j1yBQBE4IBwsTAoPAZKPipSQLcIE0kKFA4AGsQ1VM4+DbUJ2yeAgGm1BIAflX5VvC4u39te1u3tB4Vv6Vv6Vv6Vv6V7WKgFVWB-w

    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZEQNAoYVn8laZiCTlPZhTCnwoJRTQ/k/JLUFl3F8Bb3c239hfXCEAHAA-jVzBQBfUZABOiAzQDDh0Hcj9HYpSQLcIEElqFM7EAkRleA4AFssHAQCVTZdwBwX9qXfF4rv+6rv+qB86rv+6rv+6rv+qUALKNC-w

    these are my condi D/D build and they still work in WvW against lots of builds (and if they don't work you can always run away).
    Power builds are by far better (I basically only play thieves and I have 95% of my gameplay time playing power builds). But these condi builds were still playable.

  • @killy.3278 said:
    Serious question, what pure condi thief build is there left for it to matter at this point?

    http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAVVn8lCFOhdmCGmCkmiFYCz7LcGaDzhwSYLULBEAKAA-j1xHQBKS9H2oLgX7PcQlfXUJIAuEAx7JAQKAq0pB-w

    Another pure condi build that worked well in WvW

  • killy.3278killy.3278 Member ✭✭
    edited April 27, 2019

    I actually ran a similar build in spvp before, but with emphasis on Trickery skills instead of Physical. The "burst" has a 6sec longer CD, but in return I had a lot more ini to play around with.

    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAVVn0MB9OhlOBemC0PhFYCT7PFAKAzfwTYL07LEHWCA-jJxBQBY4SAYw9H8SZAA8EAAA

    It was actually good at 1v1'ing a lot of common builds (e.g. warrior), but got hard countered by D/P so I didn't think much of it at the time. My variation of your build was largely untouched by the recent changes, so maybe I'll give it another spin now that I won't be running into many D/P thieves anymore.

  • If they do not intend on re-ordering the traits another time, I would like too see the bonus on Havoc Mastery affect condi damage as well as power damage. If it is too OP to have it ramp up to a 15% bonus like it does on power damage right now then they could make adjustments to the bonus in ways they see fit. They could leave the power aspect of it alone while adjusting just the condi side of it if they did in fact implement it.

  • roamzero.9486roamzero.9486 Member ✭✭✭

    @Grandtomatoe.2045 said:
    If they do not intend on re-ordering the traits another time, I would like too see the bonus on Havoc Mastery affect condi damage as well as power damage. If it is too OP to have it ramp up to a 15% bonus like it does on power damage right now then they could make adjustments to the bonus in ways they see fit. They could leave the power aspect of it alone while adjusting just the condi side of it if they did in fact implement it.

    That would probably be the easiest fix.

  • SehferViega.8725SehferViega.8725 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2019

    @Grandtomatoe.2045 said:
    If they do not intend on re-ordering the traits another time, I would like too see the bonus on Havoc Mastery affect condi damage as well as power damage. If it is too OP to have it ramp up to a 15% bonus like it does on power damage right now then they could make adjustments to the bonus in ways they see fit. They could leave the power aspect of it alone while adjusting just the condi side of it if they did in fact implement it.

    I prefer the idea of reorganize daredevil traits.

    Anyway your idea is not so bad: +15% condition damage may be too much.
    Something like this could be perfect:

    • Damage per Missing Bar: +5%
    • Condition Damage per Missing Bar: +3%
  • Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

    Here is what I run. Strong defense, strong condi clear. Basically, prime venom, steal, dodge, shadow strike, repeater rinse and repeat. Use Body Shot for runners. CnD for disruption. Dancing Dagger against multiple foes particularly if they have a pet or clones. Dagger Storm for reflect and defense. Short Bow is primarily escape but also useful for Dagger Storm and Lotus Training once a target is condi'd up.

    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqYVl0MhSnYRTwwJQ/ELwEm3XIOMi0+TBgCw8HsEmCB-jFzCQBjRJI02fALKD0jeAKckA2oSvp9AAehGCPp+zxOBAA4QCAINBrDOA+qX96rAf91Xf91XNgXf91Xf91Xf91XlCoKdaA-w

  • @SehferViega.8725 said:

    @Grandtomatoe.2045 said:
    If they do not intend on re-ordering the traits another time, I would like too see the bonus on Havoc Mastery affect condi damage as well as power damage. If it is too OP to have it ramp up to a 15% bonus like it does on power damage right now then they could make adjustments to the bonus in ways they see fit. They could leave the power aspect of it alone while adjusting just the condi side of it if they did in fact implement it.

    I prefer the idea of reorganize daredevil traits.

    Anyway your idea is not so bad: +15% condition damage may be too much.
    Something like this could be perfect:

    • Damage per Missing Bar: +5%
    • Condition Damage per Missing Bar: +3%

    Yeah that sounds about right.

  • Jack Redline.5379Jack Redline.5379 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Grandtomatoe.2045 said:
    All 3 Master Traits are synergetic with power builds. All 3 may also help with hyrbrid builds. But none of the 3 are synergetic for straight condi builds. Condi Daredevils have 3 master traits to choose from but none of them synergize with strait condi builds.

    well if they would give 5% condi dmg to the second trait as well it could be more interesting

  • Jack Redline.5379Jack Redline.5379 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @killy.3278 said:
    Serious question, what pure condi thief build is there left for it to matter at this point?

    d/d + sb Trapper it worked for me long enough to say it is rly good

  • Jack Redline.5379Jack Redline.5379 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SehferViega.8725 said:

    @Grandtomatoe.2045 said:
    If they do not intend on re-ordering the traits another time, I would like too see the bonus on Havoc Mastery affect condi damage as well as power damage. If it is too OP to have it ramp up to a 15% bonus like it does on power damage right now then they could make adjustments to the bonus in ways they see fit. They could leave the power aspect of it alone while adjusting just the condi side of it if they did in fact implement it.

    I prefer the idea of reorganize daredevil traits.

    Anyway your idea is not so bad: +15% condition damage may be too much.
    Something like this could be perfect:

    • Damage per Missing Bar: +5%
    • Condition Damage per Missing Bar: +3%

    i dont see 15% condi as issue if you have no dodges aviable. anyway our condi is weak and easily cleansed

  • SehferViega.8725SehferViega.8725 Member ✭✭✭

    @Jack Redline.5379 said:
    i dont see 15% condi as issue if you have no dodges aviable. anyway our condi is weak and easily cleansed

    Considering that Death Blossom is an evade, empty endurance bar is not a "big problem" for condi D/D thieves.
    After Potent Poison nerf condi thief is no more a condi bomb, but the strength of condi thief is that is really hard to clean condi cause D/D adds continuously conditions (bleeding, poison, torment, confusion, weakness, cripple).
    With unblockable Swipe, +5-10-15% condition damge will be too much.

  • Jack Redline.5379Jack Redline.5379 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SehferViega.8725 said:

    @Jack Redline.5379 said:
    i dont see 15% condi as issue if you have no dodges aviable. anyway our condi is weak and easily cleansed

    Considering that Death Blossom is an evade, empty endurance bar is not a "big problem" for condi D/D thieves.
    After Potent Poison nerf condi thief is no more a condi bomb, but the strength of condi thief is that is really hard to clean condi cause D/D adds continuously conditions (bleeding, poison, torment, confusion, weakness, cripple).
    With unblockable Swipe, +5-10-15% condition damge will be too much.

    i undetstand mate but you know condi thief in me wants as much condi as possible xD
    yea 12% wouldbe eniugh

  • @Jack Redline.5379 said:

    @SehferViega.8725 said:

    @Jack Redline.5379 said:
    i dont see 15% condi as issue if you have no dodges aviable. anyway our condi is weak and easily cleansed

    Considering that Death Blossom is an evade, empty endurance bar is not a "big problem" for condi D/D thieves.
    After Potent Poison nerf condi thief is no more a condi bomb, but the strength of condi thief is that is really hard to clean condi cause D/D adds continuously conditions (bleeding, poison, torment, confusion, weakness, cripple).
    With unblockable Swipe, +5-10-15% condition damge will be too much.

    i undetstand mate but you know condi thief in me wants as much condi as possible xD
    yea 12% wouldbe eniugh

    Whether it is the full 15% or some other number, modifying this trait to also include a condition damage multiplier would be a easy and justifiable adjustment to the trait that the Devs should consider.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.