WvW Server LAGS again and again

BlacK.4927

Arenanet does not give a fuck about performance, game gets lower and lower FPS every year, WvW lags are gamebreaking and make the game unplayable, but they just do not care, they have never in 6 years released a single optimization update to the game engine to make it run better, they just keep adding more spam effects and boons and conditions which makes the game run worse and worse, they just dont care about performance at all mah dude.

@Malfrador.3615 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:Are you new to this game/mode?

WvW has lagged with large crowds since launch.

Yes, but is has gotten worse since the mount update. It now even lags with only slightly larger groups (40vs40). Before, the lags were only this bad when all three parties were involved.

Of course it has gotten worse since the Warclaw update. More graphics to process with the mounts, and yea, it will cause more lag for a lot of players. Lots of wvw players saw this coming with Warclaw.

"yea, we finally got mounts in wvw!!!"

Except that large zerg fights just become silly in the way of fps.

@Rampage.7145 said:Arenanet does not give a kitten about performance, game gets lower and lower FPS every year, WvW lags are gamebreaking and make the game unplayable, but they just do not care, they have never in 6 years released a single optimization update to the game engine to make it run better, they just keep adding more spam effects and boons and conditions which makes the game run worse and worse, they just dont care about performance at all mah dude.

That is because the game engine is working on Dx9 and they just refuse to update the game to Dx11 which another major game just did. Planetside 2 just upgraded to Dx11and that game is about as old as Gw2. Why because they know it will give them better performance for all players not just those with Dx11 capable machines. An a lot of games are upgrading to Dx11. Warframe did and countless others do as well. and if a game like Planetside 2 can upgrade to Dx11 so can Gw2.In fact Planetside 2 tried everything to fix the engine beforehand and then finally they said they need to upgrade engine and so they did (granted They have massive battles but still they upgraded to Dx11 )

One of the reasons why i do not play this game for long. I get random Fps drops even in an open world. Granted I am on a laptop..But regardless the lag spikes randomly in the world and Wvw just simply unplayable. The game itself needs an engine upgrade or they will continue to lose droves of people who simply can not deal with the awful lag that can be fixed easily with an engine upgrade.

@Lord Azazel.8703 said:

@Rampage.7145 said:Arenanet does not give a kitten about performance, game gets lower and lower FPS every year, WvW lags are gamebreaking and make the game unplayable, but they just do not care, they have never in 6 years released a single optimization update to the game engine to make it run better, they just keep adding more spam effects and boons and conditions which makes the game run worse and worse, they just dont care about performance at all mah dude.

That is because the game engine is working on Dx9 and they just refuse to update the game to Dx11 which another major game just did. Planetside 2 just upgraded to Dx11and that game is about as old as Gw2. Why because they know it will give them better performance for all players not just those with Dx11 capable machines. An a lot of games are upgrading to Dx11. Warframe did and countless others do as well. and if a game like Planetside 2 can upgrade to Dx11 so can Gw2.In fact Planetside 2 tried everything to fix the engine beforehand and then finally they said they need to upgrade engine and so they did (granted They have massive battles but still they upgraded to Dx11 )

One of the reasons why i do not play this game for long. I get random Fps drops even in an open world. Granted I am on a laptop..But regardless the lag spikes randomly in the world and Wvw just simply unplayable. The game itself needs an engine upgrade or they will continue to lose droves of people who simply can not deal with the awful lag that can be fixed easily with an engine upgrade.

You are absolutely correct, Lord. How long has it been now since so many of us started to beg GW2 to update their graphics engine? At least a few years, if memory serves me correctly. And now that they have a much smaller number of devs, I seriously doubt if we'll ever see it happen.

• 8 months later...

^everything that has already been said in this tread, I just came here to support this and show my frustration. Even yesterday servers werent full, I was in a 5vs 5 on ebg, no zergs to be seen, skill lagging like hell, couldn't even get a single kill, my ping and FPS are great, just server lagg, please anet fix this, it really makes the game useless

@Lord Azazel.8703 said:

Keep in mind, while the game is from 2012, the engine, or large parts of it, date back to GW1.