Make a way for returning/new players to rent a mount while they unlock the warclaw

freecarl.1320

Sadly they are not. You need the latest expansion to be able to have it. And newclmers to wvw and new players that try free game find it really hard to play without it. The ones who have PoF and new to wvw find it difficult. If you chat with people you can see it too.To a game mode that needs fresh blood, moubts should be free or at least there should be a solution to make it more prefferable to newcomers.

@alain.1659 said:Sadly they are not. You need the latest expansion to be able to have it. And newclmers to wvw and new players that try free game find it really hard to play without it. The ones who have PoF and new to wvw find it difficult. If you chat with people you can see it too.To a game mode that needs fresh blood, moubts should be free or at least there should be a solution to make it more prefferable to newcomers.

Which also applies to gliding and use of shield generators.

Oh.. and elite specs.. you know...., that is what has been the case now for 4 years.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@alain.1659 said:Sadly they are not. You need the latest expansion to be able to have it. And newclmers to wvw and new players that try free game find it really hard to play without it. The ones who have PoF and new to wvw find it difficult. If you chat with people you can see it too.To a game mode that needs fresh blood, moubts should be free or at least there should be a solution to make it more prefferable to newcomers.

Oh.. and elite specs.. you know...., that is what has been the case now for 4 years.

You are correct. This game should learn from previous mistakes. Wvw population is thinning and some important aspects should be free to use. Shield generators are not that important. But mounts make unmounted players suffer greately.

@alain.1659 said:

You are correct. This game should learn from previous mistakes. Wvw population is thinning and some important aspects should be free to use. Shield generators are not that important. But mounts make unmounted players suffer greately.

So... elite specs should be free in WvW also?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

It is obvious that you are trying to manipulate my words against me but let me amuse you with an answer. No, elite specs might be considered as necessary additions for the Anet's finances and I can understand why they are not free. Although I think that in wvw everything should be equal, including elite specs, I can understand why they are not. However with the current balance, core professions can go toe to toe with many elites so I do not think it as problematic as mounts. Without elites you can still run with a pug commander, you can still play the game without "too much" disadvantage. In both HoT release and PoF release I have played core professions for a long time. I still play core engi, core ele and core guardian in wvw.

If we return to my previous argument, the disadvantage from mounts do scare many players, be it a free acc or a newcomer to wvw. It makes it really hard to follow a zerg, or roam without being hunted down. That is why I think there should be at least an opportunity to rent mounts in the game. That is what I think, as others having the same opportunities with me does not bother me even slightly.

@alain.1659 said:

It is obvious that you are trying to manipulate my words against me but let me amuse you with an answer.

More trying to understand your point.

No, elite specs might be considered as necessary additions for the Anet's finances and I can understand why they are not free. Although I think that in wvw everything should be equal, including elite specs, I can understand why they are not. However with the current balance, core professions can go toe to toe with many elites so I do not think it as problematic as mounts. Without elites you can still run with a pug commander, you can still play the game without "too much" disadvantage. In both HoT release and PoF release I have played core professions for a long time. I still play core engi, core ele and core guardian in wvw.

Everything shouldn’t be equal. To quote others: we can’t all use sticks.

Skills should work in a group. But as you state below, I brought up elite specs and will return to your previous argument.

If we return to my previous argument, the disadvantage from mounts do scare many players, be it a free acc or a newcomer to wvw. It makes it really hard to follow a zerg, or roam without being hunted down. That is why I think there should be at least an opportunity to rent mounts in the game. That is what I think, as others having the same opportunities with me does not bother me even slightly.

Free accounts shouldn’t get anything more than the basic. It’s not supposed to be the full game for a reason. Let them buy the game. And by that, if they want a mount, they get core and PoF with a purchase. If they don’t want to buy the game, then they aren’t going to if you give them theMount.

Of course the mount makes things ‘easier’. It why many people wanted them, and why many of us didn’t.

If someone doesn’t have that expansion, like you stated above:

No, elite specs might be considered as necessary additions for the Anet's finances and I can understand why they are not free.

Mounts fall into the same category, as do shield gens and gliding. You view mounts as too important. If that is so, then they either get removed from WvW or they stay required to have an expansion.

I take a break, come back and my biggest fear of mounts in wvw is a thing. Great, as if these stupid gimmicks haven't done enough lasting damage to wvw but this one takes the cake.

Screw new and returning players in the process and lock this, the now single most important wvw mastery, behind an xpac paywall. Great job trying to get veterans to return to your game anet.

@alain.1659 said:Mounts should be freely available to everyone. With no exception.

Gliding too! Why should I have to buy Heart of Thorns to access gliding?

Also, the 28th day Chest of Rewards is stupid. It should be changed to Chest of Legendary Weapons and I get to pick a Legendary out of it, just for logging in.

And FTP accounts should be able to mount, glide, and get free Legendaries as well. Stupid game.

@Terrahero.9358 said:I take a break, come back and my biggest fear of mounts in wvw is a thing. Great, as if these stupid gimmicks haven't done enough lasting damage to wvw but this one takes the cake.

Screw new and returning players in the process and lock this, the now single most important wvw mastery, behind an xpac paywall. Great job trying to get veterans to return to your game anet.You already had the guild hall and its WvW upgrades locked behind HoT and a 3,000g+ paywall, the mounts is nothing in comparison.

Also as can be seen like 95% of the WvW playerbase has mounts now, most veterans had PoF and those who have been away longer... Well maybe they should just buy PoF.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

@alain.1659 said:Mounts should be freely available to everyone. With no exception.

Gliding too! Why should I have to buy Heart of Thorns to access gliding?

Also, the 28th day Chest of Rewards is stupid. It should be changed to Chest of Legendary Weapons and I get to pick a Legendary out of it, just for logging in.

And FTP accounts should be able to mount, glide, and get free Legendaries as well. Stupid game.

Legendaries are crafted by hard work. You buy an expansion for a mount. Play time vs pay to win. Not a smart argument friend.Also my aim is not on the payment, expansion or easy access but increasing the game/ wvw population. If you have a better suggestion for that please inform us.

You want the same benefits of those who paid Anet money, without paying Anet money.

I've made 2 legendaries for myself, and sold 2 others (the extent of "hard work" was rolling clovers). Guess what? Anet didn't make a dime off any of it. Gen 1 legendaries don't require an xpack or the gem store.

I have a better suggestion, absolutely. Put in a mount rental vendor, who rents a mount for 1 gold for 24 hours, that anyone who owns POF can access until they've unlocked the mount.

War Gliding? Bah! You need literally 3 rank points for basic gliding, and nothing more! If you can't manage that, why are you in WvW in the first place?

Yet another "I want free stuff" thread. Game goes on sale 1/2 price pretty darn frequently and that's still not good enough.

Seriously, wvw mounts are not that hard to get. I consider myself a casual player, and I got one with little effort. Just find a good tag/zerg and follow it for awhile. If all your bonuses are up, it only takes a few hours playtime to get the mount. Took me less than a week of casual evening playtime to get it. /shrug

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Terrahero.9358 said:I take a break, come back and my biggest fear of mounts in wvw is a thing. Great, as if these stupid gimmicks haven't done enough lasting damage to wvw but this one takes the cake.

Screw new and returning players in the process and lock this, the now single most important wvw mastery, behind an xpac paywall. Great job trying to get veterans to return to your game anet.You already had the guild hall and its WvW upgrades locked behind HoT and a 3,000g+ paywall, the mounts is nothing in comparison.

Also as can be seen like 95% of the WvW playerbase has mounts now, most veterans had PoF and those who have been away longer... Well maybe they should just buy PoF.

Yeah and that was also bad, but nothing is as bad as mounts. It is the most important thing you can get in WvW right now.

For those who have it it just normalizes builds. People used to think about traits, runes, utility skills and even weaponsets with regards to their mobility. Maps effectively become smaller and it's just another buff to face rubbing gates down.

Those who don't have it, not having a mount is a nightmare. You can't go anywhere alone because people with mounts will run you down easily. Even over great distance. Can't catch anyone that decides to run away yourself, they just mount up and off they go the moment they break combat for a fraction of a second. Can't keep up with your zerg so you arrive late everywhere and as a straggler are prone to get picked off.

It's a terrible addition. That they wasted all this effort to make something so few people wanted and many people hate is just a tragedy. It was bad with the desert borderland, worse with the seperate buffs, terrible with the gliding, but this is just beyond all that. Of all the ways they damaged WvW, this is the worst.

I think the mount collection is fine but the Reward Track is just really slow. Actually Reward Tracks are slow in general; WvW has terrible rewards, what's new?

I was able to instantly finish the track because I saved up 100 potions from before, but without it, it would have been really tedious. And don't @ me with "jUST uSE a BooSTER" since that just shows how bad it is by default.