What do you do when a server collectively runs from every fight?

grifflyman.8102

Been running with fewer numbers all night on reset night but a certain server known for PPTing hard as literally been running from every fight, they just run around in a blob of 60 players and seem to only go after objectives that are undefended. I know this is a valid tactic but playing the same server several times a month is really, really not fun.

It's generally a tactic used towards enemies that persist on blobbing up and attacking numbers smaller than them. Usually it's not the blob running away. Basically if the players can't be bothered to break up into smaller groups to make fights even, their opponents will just avoid and bore them to death until they log, then flip all their stuff.

I have a hard time believing that a 60 person blob is running away.It's the small groups running from the map blobs .99.9999% of the time people will not fight with even teams either.It's always been like this despite the current no down state.

@Mokk.2397 said:I have a hard time believing that a 60 person blob is running away.It's the small groups running from the map blobs .99.9999% of the time people will not fight with even teams either.It's always been like this despite the current no down state.

You'd be surprised to see what people do to maintain their position on a pointless ladder.

If you defend your objectives instead of taking what they have, they'll eventually have to come and get yours, meaning a confrontation will eventually ensue. Then again, proper objective defense and organisation goes beyond what most servers are capable of unfortunately

@Mokk.2397 said:I have a hard time believing that a 60 person blob is running away.It's the small groups running from the map blobs .99.9999% of the time people will not fight with even teams either.It's always been like this despite the current no down state.

This really does happen though. There are commanders in a certain tier that won't even leave spawn with less than 60 in comms.

Go tell their parents that they have raised cowardly children and are a disgrace to the game mode of World vs World.

Though don't put rams on their door; that'll probably get you arrested.

That has to do with people counting too. In general the formula is your numbers (but you don't count green dots) divided by 2 vs their numbers x 2

You've already won if that's the case.

Was on a server for a while that took pride in /wave and then tping away from fights. What's the mentality behind doing that? Cucked af.

In the long game they'll just bleed all the decent players until they eventually collapse/stagnate completely, you can take some solace in that at least. The war is long.

@grifflyman.8102 said:Been running with fewer numbers all night on reset night but a certain server known for PPTing hard as literally been running from every fight, they just run around in a blob of 60 players and seem to only go after objectives that are undefended. I know this is a valid tactic but playing the same server several times a month is really, really not fun.

Obviously, you attack the things they care about.

If they don't care about ANY objectives, don't blame the players because Arenanet changed the rules so that backcapping is emphasised more than defending via their paper wall fiasco.