How are dedicated healers getting bags in zergs?

Evil.1580

This is a quote from the loot page of the GW2Wiki. It talks about PvE mobs however the mechanic is the same for players in WvW.

ParticipationEach player who participates in killing a monster will have the opportunity to loot the body. Each monster has a damage table and a threshold value of damage done to it by the player before it will give full credit for the kill. This value is about 5% to 10% of the monster's health. The loot dropped is unique to the player, and loot received by one player does not affect what another player receives. One monster may drop the same rare item for multiple players.

Supporting your allies contributes toward earning rewards for killing enemies and damaging event bosses. The actions listed below cause a percentage of the target ally’s damage dealt for the next several seconds to also count toward your participation. In addition to that, damaging an enemy’s defiance bar will also grant you some participation toward receiving rewards from that enemy. In order to discourage AFKing with boon-applying auras, you must still be actively attacking targets to receive rewards from them.[2]

Applying boons to an ally (small percentage).Removing conditions from an ally (small percentage).Reviving an ally (large percentage).Healing an ally (percentage scales based on how much healing is given).Homever, it seems like a "cap" for reward exists, which limits the amount of players who can receive rewards of enemies. The cap is around the first 50 players reaching enough participation to receive loot.

So if you read that you noticed this line:

In order to discourage AFKing with boon-applying auras, you must still be actively attacking targets to receive rewards from them.[2]In order to get kill credit you must still actively be tagging enemies while supporting them. Not a lot of damage is needed however no damage = no loot.

@LaGranse.8652 said:

In order to discourage AFKing with boon-applying auras, you must still be actively attacking targets to receive rewards from them.[2]In order to get kill credit you must still actively be tagging enemies while supporting them. Not a lot of damage is needed however no damage = no loot.while that makes sense in open world PvE , they could remove that restriction in WvW. if you provide boons shortly before the damage is dealt to the player, then you were most likely not AFK.

Retaliation and reflect on a FB, also putting symbols on downs(Not this week =/). As a scrapper fumigate, tool belt from purge gyro, and hammer 5 work. As a tempest you can overload or whatever(don't really play tempest). Chrono you can shatter and grav well.

You go to pve for 15 minutes and realize wvw loot is a waste of time.

But, you can also try f1 skill 5 as the burn damage gets credit to you if they hit, but shouldn't really be doing that in a real fight... feel free to do that when you're winning. No downed state has made it a bit worse because you can't tag downed lol. Reflects are good as well; scrapper is sorta screwed though if you're playing them properly and elixir gun can help tag.

But the only reason to care is if you're going for ultimate dominator. Bags aren't even worth that much anymore and spikes are more common. Basically, reward tracks and skirmish chests are the only things that really matter so don't endanger your group just to get a few more tags.

Whole day I am playing only a healer. The loot sux. I get like 1/3 of the bags and xp that I was getting while playing dps and this is when I am trying to attack after healing.I don't mind support and heal and I enjoy it equally compared to a dps profession/spec but I don't think I like sacrificing loot and xp.While I agree that WvW loot sucks compared to PvE, I find zerging and overall WvW gameplay a better choice for my taste.Anyway, until ANET change something about that I will play DPS exclusively.But hey, that is only my personal opinion and I would like to see healers, that don't care about loot and xp as much as I do, in my squads too, thanks! :)

WoW.

So many misinformations here.

Retaliation does NOT give you loot.

Healing/Boons alone do NOT give loot.You still must hit a target to get any loot.You only need todo alot less dmg.

From personal exp. dmg under 500 does not give loot.

If you do lets say 500 dmg but the target has only 300hp left in downstate, you magicaly dont get wxp/loot.

Hitting very low life downstates with condis does not count as a hit very often. Even if the dmg is higher then 500.

Next time in wvw, turn on wxp gain in chat in see how often you dont get the kill , even if you did dmg.

Believe me, its crazy.