2019/04/23 Berserker - What's the problem + how to fix (EZ Read format)

TheBravery.9615

Berserk mechanic rework

What's right:

The move to make berserk mode a level 3 pbaoe burst attack, it finally rewards you for spending 3 bars of adrenaline.

What's ineffective:

Quarter second casting time on berserk mode: This hardly made a difference, not sure why developers spent time on this.

What's wrong:

Removal of non-primal bursts / Severely limited access to use burst attacks. I understand the "give and take" balance approach and do agree with it, but the approach taken here requires refinement. Burst attacks are the only profession mechanic warriors rely on. It's the backbone to a lot of our traits.To lock all burst attacks behind berserk mode activation, without an ability to leave berserk mode, and a long 15 second cooldown before being able to use any burst is not a good trade off. To stay in berserk after you killed your opponent leaves you waiting for berserk to expire and your cooldown to refresh before engaging a new opponent for the right time to strike. This disrupts the flow of combat for the berserker and is not thematically fit as the crazy bloodthirsty bruiser that would have jumped into the fray. In addition, primal bursts are still constrained to the same adrenaline and cooldown restrictions as normal bursts. If it weren't for arc divider and decapitate's obscene damage output (will talk about this later), this would have been considered an outright nerf when berserker was already an underperforming WvW/PvP spec.

How to fix and why it needs to be implemented:

When entering berserk you will gain 5 seconds of fury and landing primal bursts will grant you 3 seconds of fury. Stay berserk as long as you have fury and in combat, lose berserk when you go out of combat or lose fury. I recommend this idea because it addresses the problem created by the recent rework, while simultaneously rewarding the warrior to remain in combat to stay in berserk mode and incentivizes counterplay by kiting, boon stripping/corrupting/stealing, or control.

Primal Burst rework

What's right:

Scorched earth, Gun Flame, and Flamming Flurry are in a good place, please focus your attention on other items. Decapitate's rework is a good way to give it a specific use case over greatsword.

What's ineffective:

The change to rupturing smash and flaming flurry didn't change anything fundamental. Not sure why developers spent time on this.

What's wrong:

Arc divider burst damage is way overtuned. What made arc divider special was it''s fast and wide AOE attack. Not exactly sure what warranted the change to arc divider to nearly triple the damage output and add some arbitrary range modifiers per attack, when (IMO) it was fine before. I admit it does feel good though.

Decapitate is slightly overtuned (dps). I appreciate how it differentiates itself from greatsword in use cases as a single target melee attack, but need to talk about it if the changes recommended for berserk rework are implemented

Skull grinder is slightly undertuned, victim of the unwarranted nerf in the past. Weak damage, lacks utility.

Rupturing smash still requires a usability update. Sorry, but a 0.1 second animation reduction is hardly noticeable and wasn't even the main issue with this skill.

For arc divider, normalize the range to 360 per attack, and increase the cast time to 2 seconds and distribute more of the damage towards the second and final hit. May also want to restrict movement while casting this ability and reduce overall damage dealt. This allows for some counterplay and allows for some room to avoid this attack.

For decapitate, i'm not sure if making it spammable is the right answer. Maybe have it finish downed enemies and/or deal more damage to enemies with low health? This suggestion is in the air - unsure what to really recommend.

Just revert the nerfs made to skull grinder, it's no longer needed and would return the mace as a semi viable hybrid damage weapon.

Rupturing smash's problem was the half circle aoe. It's awkward to land this attack on opponents if they move an inch towards you past the cone's AOE (behind you). Just make it a full circle and call it a day. It's already unique enough from earthshaker because it doesn't stun so we don't need this half circle treatment.

Rage Skill rework

What's right:

Outrage, shattering blow, and head butt have specific uses and the fundamentals haven't changed

What's ineffective:

The change to blood reckoning so that it only affects primal bursts? Why was that necessary if berserkers only have primal bursts? Waste of development time.

What's wrong:

The issue with Sundering leap is its unreliable animation to hit moving targets and the lack of damage over time conditions. It's an ineffective leap skill on too long of a cooldown with no identity.

The issue with wild blow is it's niche gimmick that''s hard to find a proper use for. It may be used against break bars in PvE, but there's way more options for that elsewhere instead of wasting a utility slot on wild blow.

First, usage of the rage abilities should not extend berserk time if that mechanic is reworked as suggested earlier. Instead, we can have it grant a few seconds of fury to extend berserk time..

For Wild blow, increase the damage dealt and launch distance. This game lacks a 'falcon punch' kind of move and I think this would fit the description.

For sundering leap, reduce cast time to half a second. Change it from vulnerability and cripple to torment, bleeding, and burning. This gives the berserker an option for a condi based leap over bulls charge.

For outrage, gain additional charges and slightly increase cooldown to compensate. Just updating it to make use of the ammunition mechanic.

Trait rework

What's right:

King of fires, heat the soul, blood reaction, and the minor traits are fine. The toughness tradeoff is fine for me.

What's ineffective:

Everything else, a lot of the changes don't address the underlying problems.

What's wrong:

Everything else, let's talk.

Major adept - smash brawler: Lazy thought, if you finished your fight and you're still in berserk mode, this trait will work against you.

Major Adept - Last Blaze: panders to condi builds, but requires usage of rage skills. Only condi rage skill available is shattering blow.

Major Adept - Savage Instinct: seeing how long berserk mode is now, this trait is only useful when you enter berserk mode. Incredibly useless trait due to it's' limited use scenario. Warriors enter berserk mode to deal damage and this punishes warriors from entering berserk mode unless it's used defensively.

Major Master - Dead or alive: Similar issue to Major Adept Savage Instinct, use case is too specific. 10% incoming healing still leaves much to be desired as blood reaction and heat the soul outright outperform dead or alive.

Major Grandmaster - Bloody Roar: Lazy design. Flat 20% damage increase, while welcome for the long desired power builds, it's just lazy design.

Major Grandmaster - Eternal Champion: Bloody roar and king of fires outright outperform this. Requires you to be controlled in order for this to take effect, even then the benefit is limited.

Major adept - smash brawler: Critical hit chance and critical damage is increased against burning enemies. Grants physical damage option.

Major Adept - Last Blaze: In addition to its current effects, Primal burst attacks inflict burning. Can only occur once per interval per target for multi hit burst skills. Berserker being a condi oriented spec should have an option for their primal bursts inflict more condi as a trait. No such option exists, this would address that issue.

Major Adept - Savage Instinct: In addition to its current effects, primal bursts are now able to break stun. This would introduce more use case scenarios for this trait to be more useful, and would synergize with traits benefiting stunbreaking.

Major Master - Dead or alive: Increase heal amount to counterbalance the limited use case. Gain barrier when you land primal bursts. Balances itself out against the damage options.

Major Grandmaster - Bloody Roar: No recommendation, just thought it was lazy..

Major Grandmaster - Eternal Champion: Rework this. Prevent berserkers from gaining stability while in berserk mode. While in berserk, any incoming stability you gain is immediately converted to fury, retaliation and resistance. Evade for half a second and remove 3 conditions when you break stuns.

My biggest issues with Berserker MK 2. are the mechanic and the traits; changing Rage skills and Primal Bursts will not address what is fundamentally broken on Berserker

I like where you are going with the mechanic change ... I think the best implementation of a mechanic links adrenaline to berserker effectiveness, which you have chosen to be mode duration. I feel the same way. The link between burst effectiveness and adrenaline is actually already well established in core warrior and I don't see why Anet moved away from that concept on Berserker; it works well with the current burst enhancing traits and offers players some meaningful options.

I won't nitpick your ideas for traits though I disagree that the minors are fine. I think it's easiest and largest impact to all berserker builds to change the minors to make the berserker espec more value to a player at all times, not just when in berserker mode. While I agree that there is more work to be done on the Adept, Master and GM traits, the minor traits will impact all berserker builds in the most efficient way.

After more play with these new modes in PVE, I'm finding my most significant issue is that I haven't found a suitable combination of non-berserker traits that will provide the sustain needed to keep me in the fight to build adrenaline within a reasonable time and I believe it is because berserker traitline is ineffective during non-berserker durations. The closest I have come is Tactics 1 1 2 Strength 3 2 2 with GS. Anything outside of that diminishes the sustain significantly. Staying in the fight to achieve full effectiveness as a berserker requires choices that diminish the value of playing berserker.

@"TheBravery.9615" said:

Berserk mechanic rework

I understand the "give and take" balance approach and do agree with it, but the approach taken here requires refinement.(...)

• How to fix and why it needs to be implemented:Remove the adrenaline requirement from primal bursts and constrain it only to cooldowns. Change how adrenaline is used in berserk mode so that it's only used to keep the warrior in berserk mode. Adrenaline in berserk mode should slowly decay (even while in combat if you aren't attacking anything), and when it goes to 0, you leave berserk mode and enter a cooldown phase. Dealing damage will fill adrenaline and keep the warrior in berserk mode. I recommend this idea because it addresses the problem created by the recent rework, while simultaneously rewarding the warrior to remain in combat to stay in berserk mode and incentivizes counterplay by kiting or control.

You say you understand that approach and then propose a change that only pretends to be a trade-off but isn't one. The only reason you propose that ""trade-off"" is because you know well it wouldn't be a real downside, so stop pretending that's a valid request. It's very clearly not.

• Confused 1

King of Fires is actually pretty mediocre now that we have only 1 weapon leap to use in our extremely limited fire fields. It's just a burn damage boost at this point since we cannot really generate fire aura with leaps outside of Bulls Charge, Sundering Leap, and Sword 2.

We need Scorched Earth to have a longer lasting fire field (with no damage) or Torch 5 needs to last way longer, and Decapitate needs to have its leap finisher back so we can actually have leaps to fuel King of Fires.

Or just change the way it grants fire aura, like based on adrenaline or entering berserk mode or something.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"TheBravery.9615" said:

Berserk mechanic rework

I understand the "give and take" balance approach and do agree with it, but the approach taken here requires refinement.(...)
  • How to fix and why it needs to be implemented:
    Remove the adrenaline requirement from primal bursts and constrain it only to cooldowns. Change how adrenaline is used in berserk mode so that it's only used to keep the warrior in berserk mode. Adrenaline in berserk mode should slowly decay (even while in combat if you aren't attacking anything), and when it goes to 0, you leave berserk mode and enter a cooldown phase. Dealing damage will fill adrenaline and keep the warrior in berserk mode. I recommend this idea because it addresses the problem created by the recent rework, while simultaneously rewarding the warrior to remain in combat to stay in berserk mode and incentivizes counterplay by kiting or control.

You say you understand that approach and then propose a change that only
pretends to be a trade-off but isn't one
. The only reason you propose that ""trade-off"" is because you know well it wouldn't be a real downside, so stop pretending that's a valid request. It's very clearly not.

Here is my big problem with 'the trade-off' ... the INTENDED trade off Anet designed for berserker is the -300 toughness .... but the actual trade-off is way more than that. The ACTUAL trade-off is how gimp you are when you are in non-berserker mode (many reasons ... see other threads on the topic) ... a SIGNIFICANTLY larger trade-off than the loss of 300 toughness. So if Anet intent is that the primary and significant trade-off is the -300 toughness ... then they failed badly on berserker design.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"TheBravery.9615" said:

Berserk mechanic rework

• How to fix and why it needs to be implemented:
    Remove the adrenaline requirement from primal bursts and constrain it only to cooldowns. Change how adrenaline is used in berserk mode so that it's only used to keep the warrior in berserk mode. Adrenaline in berserk mode should slowly decay (even while in combat if you aren't attacking anything), and when it goes to 0, you leave berserk mode and enter a cooldown phase. Dealing damage will fill adrenaline and keep the warrior in berserk mode. I recommend this idea because it addresses the problem created by the recent rework, while simultaneously rewarding the warrior to remain in combat to stay in berserk mode and incentivizes counterplay by kiting or control.

You say you understand that approach and then propose a change that only
pretends to be a trade-off but isn't one
. The only reason you propose that ""trade-off"" is because you know well it wouldn't be a real downside, so stop pretending that's a valid request. It's very clearly not.

Here is my big problem with 'the trade-off' ... the trade off Anet thinks they have made and sell to us is the -300 toughness .... but it's
way
more than that. The ACTUAL trade-off is how kitten you are when you are in non-berserker mode (many reasons ... see other threads on the topic) ... a SIGNIFICANTLY larger trade-off than the loss of 300 toughness. So if Anet intent is that the primary and significant trade-off is the -300 toughness ... then they failed badly on berserker design.

Yes, because the "trade-off" is strictly one-for-one deal and can't be accumulated from multiple things in different areas to make up for one. Also you're simply wrong by saying that 300 toughness is a trade-off for a whole berk stance. (yeah, yeah, you didn't EXACTLY type that out, but is there any other meaning of what you just wrote above?)

Btw you claim you're ok with power swings and nonlinear gameplay and then you jump all over a trade-off that pretty much removes that whole idea of having any "downtime" (in quotation marks because it's not like you're just rooted and waiting for death when not in berk) and that's why OP proposes it in the first place.

the trade off Anet thinks they have made and sell to us is the -300 toughness

That's just a lie.

• Confused 1

@Kiroshima.8497 said:King of Fires is actually pretty mediocre now that we have only 1 weapon leap to use in our extremely limited fire fields. It's just a burn damage boost at this point since we cannot really generate fire aura with leaps outside of Bulls Charge, Sundering Leap, and Sword 2.

We need Scorched Earth to have a longer lasting fire field (with no damage) or Torch 5 needs to last way longer, and Decapitate needs to have its leap finisher back so we can actually have leaps to fuel King of Fires.

Or just change the way it grants fire aura, like based on adrenaline or entering berserk mode or something.

I do agree with you but I wanted to focus my attention on the major items that needed adjustments. King of fires is an awkward trait to make use of, but for condi builds it's the only option available and that enough makes it worth taking over bloody roar or eternal champion.

Eternal champion however... there's no point in using it in its current state.

@TheBravery.9615 said:

@Kiroshima.8497 said:King of Fires is actually pretty mediocre now that we have only 1 weapon leap to use in our extremely limited fire fields. It's just a burn damage boost at this point since we cannot really generate fire aura with leaps outside of Bulls Charge, Sundering Leap, and Sword 2.

I do agree with you but I wanted to focus my attention on the major items that needed adjustments. King of fires is an awkward trait to make use of, but for condi builds it's the only option available and that enough makes it worth taking over bloody roar or eternal champion.

Eternal champion however... there's no point in using it in its current state.

Fair enough.I'll add to your points as well to contribute to your topic:1.) Smash Brawler is weird. 5 seconds is so laughably short it's not even funny. However, I don't think it needs to be a direct damage boost. Instead give it back the primal cooldown, then add -20% Rage skill cooldown to it (which you can hit with to extend the duration of berserk mode, wow!). Then we can adjust...2.) Last Blaze. Hilariously bad. Agree with adding burning to primal bursts. Also should do the berserk activation attack when exiting berserk (the LAST blaze before you go out).3.) Savage Instinct. Skip the invuln here, move it to eternal champion. Instead, return it to its anti condition and stun break role. Grants resistance per condition upon activating berserk mode (after Cleansing Ire). This triggers after entering berserk for eternal champion synergy.4.) Dead or Alive should actually remove the 10% healing during berserk, and in place give it the True Lifesteal similar to Reaper's Soul Eater (primal bursts only maybe). Outside of berserk, the 10% healing is fine since it's like a slow but steady recovery compared to the aggressive healing during berserk.5.) No comment. Boring damage boost is boring.6.) Eternal Champion. Purely sustain/defensive (compared to the power damage and condi traits in the same tier). Give back the stability on stun break, in and out of berserk. During berserk, breaking a stun grants the Savage Instinct 100% reduction. Then add Stability grants 300 toughness, anytime.

I went full berserker with legendary gear, mighty infusions, 25 stacks of power, power food, etc...AND I fought a celestial elementalist and I did not even manage to get her below 50% health she was good but I was better. Yet, I could not even kill her with all the evades, protection and BS healing going on. MIND YOU SE WAS A CELESTIAL ELEMENTALIST! Imagine if she had been a pure healing elementalist?

Berserker is a joke! I kill noobs YES, but the players that have the same level that I have and skill will always beat a warrior because of the way it is designed. The developers have not put much effort in refining the warrior class.

@Hitman.5829 said:I went full berserker with legendary gear, mighty infusions, 25 stacks of power, power food, etc...AND I fought a celestial elementalist and I did not even manage to get her below 50% health she was good but I was better. Yet, I could not even kill her with all the evades, protection and BS healing going on. MIND YOU SE WAS A CELESTIAL ELEMENTALIST! Imagine if she had been a pure healing elementalist?

Berserker is a joke! I kill noobs YES, but the players that have the same level that I have and skill will always beat a warrior because of the way it is designed. The developers have not put much effort in refining the warrior class.

Maybe that is not the issue of berserker but rather celestial weaver? I assume it is weaver since you mentioned evades.

@"Hitman.5829" said:I went full berserker with legendary gear, mighty infusions, 25 stacks of power, power food, etc...AND I fought a celestial elementalist and I did not even manage to get her below 50% health she was good but I was better. Yet, I could not even kill her with all the evades, protection and BS healing going on. MIND YOU SE WAS A CELESTIAL ELEMENTALIST! Imagine if she had been a pure healing elementalist?

and how is this relevant?you are not gonna kill a support fb either

this has nothing to do with player skill lvl, but all with the builds

your build is not suited to kill boonclasses, and any "good" player as you allways claim yourself to be, would have swapped to spellbreaker and make short work of that fight

I just had an idea..

Rather than my original idea,

• How to fix and why it needs to be implemented:Remove the adrenaline requirement from primal bursts and constrain it only to cooldowns. Change how adrenaline is used in berserk mode so that it's only used to keep the warrior in berserk mode. Adrenaline in berserk mode should slowly decay (even while in combat if you aren't attacking anything), and when it goes to 0, you leave berserk mode and enter a cooldown phase. Dealing damage will fill adrenaline and keep the warrior in berserk mode. I recommend this idea because it addresses the problem created by the recent rework, while simultaneously rewarding the warrior to remain in combat to stay in berserk mode and incentivizes counterplay by kiting or control.

Maybe we can change it so staying in berserk is dependent on a specific boon. I propose the following in it's place.

When entering berserk you will gain 5 seconds of fury and landing primal bursts will grant you 3 seconds of fury. Stay in berserk as long as you have fury. When fury expires or if it's stripped off of you, you lose berserk mode and go into full cooldown. Leaving combat will also deactivate berserk mode and put the warrior in cooldown. I recommend this idea because it addresses the problem created by the recent rework, while simultaneously rewarding the warrior to remain in combat to stay in berserk mode and incentivizes counterplay by kiting, boon stripping/corrupting/stealing, or control.

I think I like tying berserk mode to a boon better than reworking the adrenaline requirement, that way there's more counterplay opportunities (ironically spellbreakers would have an upper hand over berserkers) and what I propose wouldn't be as strong as removing the adrenaline constraints of primal bursts.

@TheBravery.9615 said:@"Sobx.1758"

Ok so I presented a problem in the OP and provided an argument for my change. What are your views on the problem and what's your idea to fix it? You're not adding much to the conversation by just saying "you're wrong" or "you're lying".

I told you what I disagreed with, I also said many times that I don't see the problem with windows of opportunity and power swings, so it means I'm ok with berk stance as it is. Just because I disagreed with your idea, doesn't automatically mean I "have to propose another change" or that I think it needs a replacement, what's your point here exactly?And I didn't just tell you "you're wrong" and left it at that, I explained why you proposed that change and why it's a bad idea (because you want to remove the trade-off). Seeing how you didn't deny that is also good enough for me.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Ok so I presented a problem in the OP and provided an argument for my change. What are your views on the problem and what's your idea to fix it? You're not adding much to the conversation by just saying "you're wrong" or "you're lying".

I told you what I disagreed with, I also said many times that I don't see the problem with windows of opportunity and power swings, so it means I'm ok with berk stance as it is. Just because I disagreed with your idea, doesn't automatically mean I "have to propose another change" or that I think it needs a replacement, what's your point here exactly?And I didn't just tell you "you're wrong" and left it at that, I explained why you proposed that change and why it's a bad idea (because you want to remove the trade-off). Seeing how you didn't deny that is also good enough for me.

I guess we just have different perspectives and it's fine to disagree, just wanted to know where you stand.

Let's talk about the 'trade-off' balance approach then.By losing 300 toughness, access to regular bursts, and throwing in a 15 second window where you're without any burst attacks when berserk mode ends, what is the trade off benefit that the berserker gets? more damage? Arenanet gave just gave us 10% more damage with bloody roar. An insane arc divider and decapitate? In my OP I recommended nerfs to them because it's disproportionately powerful. If it weren't for those two primal burst buffs, berserker would just have been dealt a hard nerf.

Let's also return to berserker pre 04/23 balance patch, where berserkers had both regular bursts and primal bursts. No trade offs and they had both benefits. Were they considered over powered? Please answer this.

@melandru.3876 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:I went full berserker with legendary gear, mighty infusions, 25 stacks of power, power food, etc...AND I fought a celestial elementalist and I did not even manage to get her below 50% health she was good but I was better. Yet, I could not even kill her with all the evades, protection and BS healing going on. MIND YOU SE WAS A CELESTIAL ELEMENTALIST! Imagine if she had been a pure healing elementalist?

your build is not suited to kill boonclasses, and any "good" player as you allways claim yourself to be, would have swapped to spellbreaker and make short work of that fight

Oh yes, yes, hello mrs. elementalist, please wait here while I change build. HELLO!

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:I went full berserker with legendary gear, mighty infusions, 25 stacks of power, power food, etc...AND I fought a celestial elementalist and I did not even manage to get her below 50% health she was good but I was better. Yet, I could not even kill her with all the evades, protection and BS healing going on. MIND YOU SE WAS A CELESTIAL ELEMENTALIST! Imagine if she had been a pure healing elementalist?

Oh yes, yes, hello mrs. elementalist, please wait here while I change build. HELLO!

OMG I can't literally counter everyone with one build, useless spec! "HELLO!" :sleeping:

• Confused 1

@TheBravery.9615 said:

I guess we just have different perspectives and it's fine to disagree, just wanted to know where you stand.

Let's talk about the 'trade-off' balance approach then.By losing 300 toughness, access to regular bursts, and throwing in a 15 second window where you're without any burst attacks when berserk mode ends, what is the trade off benefit that the berserker gets? more damage? Arenanet gave just gave us 10% more damage with bloody roar. An insane arc divider and decapitate? In my OP I recommended nerfs to them because it's disproportionately powerful. If it weren't for those two primal burst buffs, berserker would just have been dealt a hard nerf.

Let's also return to berserker pre 04/23 balance patch, where berserkers had both regular bursts and primal bursts. No trade offs and they had both benefits. Were they considered over powered? Please answer this.

I mean it's a pretty simple situation, if you think berk stance isn't worth the trade-off (but it is) and value having your regular f1 skills all the time then pick core warrior or SB. That's pretty much what you want, right? Or maybe you know that berk stance is worth it, but you don't like having a different playstyle then core/SB and still just "want more and better", so that's why you keep playing berk while simultanously complaining on the boards how useless it is?If berk is so terrible, what's the point of changing it closer to the core warrior instead of just playing core warrior? The whole point of especs is that they should play and feel differently. You want to have a core build with additional mechanic on top of it and that's not what they aimed for in this update. And, imo, rightfully so.

• Confused 1

@Hitman.5829 said:

one thread goes "omg i can't get fights because with warclaw everyone runs away"

then you go like "omg i can't change build because the fights are so direct"

if i had to give opposite a definition, this would come very close

changing builds takes 0.1 seconds with arc dps build templates

@TheBravery.9615 said:Let's talk about the 'trade-off' balance approach then.By losing 300 toughness, access to regular bursts, and throwing in a 15 second window where you're without any burst attacks when berserk mode ends, what is the trade off benefit that the berserker gets? more damage? Arenanet just gave us 10% more damage with bloody roar. An insane arc divider and decapitate? In my OP I recommended nerfs to them because it's disproportionately powerful. If it weren't for those two primal burst buffs, berserker would just have been dealt a hard nerf.

Well, they gave berserker also +300 power and +300 condi damage.

I always played Berserker war before this patch (also when 99,9% of warriors only used to play core or spellbreaker): berserker was more balanced and fun before last patch.Now is strong only cause no sense OP new Arc Divider (with ONLY third hit I made 17k to a thief and 19k to a mirage).

Savage Instinct nerf (this trait no longer removes conditions) is what I dislike most.

@Sobx.1758 said:

I mean it's a pretty simple situation, if you think berk stance isn't worth the trade-off (but it is) and value having your regular f1 skills all the time then pick core warrior or SB. That's pretty much what you want, right? Or maybe you know that berk stance is worth it, but you don't like having a different playstyle then core/SB and still just "want more and better", so that's why you keep playing berk while simultanously complaining on the boards how useless it is?If berk is so terrible, what's the point of changing it closer to the core warrior instead of just playing core warrior? The whole point of especs is that they
should
play and feel differently. You want to have a core build with additional mechanic
on top of it
and that's not what they aimed for in this update. And, imo, rightfully so.

I'm going to assume you play thief because of your avatar and post history.

Let me demonstrate an example using your analogy.

Daredevil gets a new mechanic, a third dodge and effects tied in to the dodges. By your logic, we can remove their ability to steal to make them "different". Don't like that? play core thief or deadeye.

@Sobx.1758 said:

I mean it's a pretty simple situation, if you think berk stance isn't worth the trade-off (but it is) and value having your regular f1 skills all the time then pick core warrior or SB. That's pretty much what you want, right? Or maybe you know that berk stance is worth it, but you don't like having a different playstyle then core/SB and still just "want more and better", so that's why you keep playing berk while simultanously complaining on the boards how useless it is?If berk is so terrible, what's the point of changing it closer to the core warrior instead of just playing core warrior? The whole point of especs is that they
should
play and feel differently. You want to have a core build with additional mechanic
on top of it
and that's not what they aimed for in this update. And, imo, rightfully so.

I also want to add I see where you would disagree with my approach, you want to see berserker down time more often. What I suggest would in fact increase berserker uptime if the berserker is in combat, but I also introduced countermeasures, boon strips- as my suggestion ties berserker uptime to a specific boon.

I didn't suggest anything to remove or reduce the 15 second berserk cooldown, or to bring back regular burst attacks.