qT Posted Their First Condition Renegade Build And Here's What I Predicted

haventr.1630

Predicted Traits: Renegade 2-2-2, Corruption 3-2-1, Devastation 1-3-1qT's Traits: Renegade 2-2-2, Corruption 3-2-1, Devastation 1-3-1

Predicted Armor Set: Full Viper's with 4x Nightmare and 2x TrapperqT's Armor Set: Full Viper's with 4x Nightmare and 2x Trapper

Predicted Weapon Set: Viper's Mace/Axe with Malice and GeomancyqT's Weapon Set: Viper's Mace/Axe with Smoldering and Geomancy

Predicted Trinkets: Full Viper'sqT's Trinkets: Full Viper's

Predicted Legends: Mallyx/Jalis(I thought Kalla had potential but it seemed inconsistent in theory)qT's Legends: Mallyx/Kalla

Predicted Kalla go-to skill: Razorclaw's Rage for condition damage and Icerazor's Ire for power damageqT's Kalla go-to skill: Only Razorclaw's Rage, turns out Icerazor's Ire isn't good enough to warrant not synergizing with other condition damage builds

In conclusion, I had everything right except for the Legends and the Mace sigil. Predicting the gear was the easy part; the hard part was predicting whether Jalis or Kalla is better dps, and qT tested them both better than I ever could.On a side note, Revenant is now meta on FIVE different bosses and effective on four. This deserves a small victory.

P.S. I know that qT aren't the deciders of what is good in GW2, but a lot of people use them as a reference to seeing how good you will be in raids, so this is a great thing.

@Almost in War.9326 said:Do you think this build should work well for fractals?

Sure.It's pretty reliant on quickness/alacrity, so ideally you'd want a chrono in your group.... But if you have, say a firebrand doing quickness, you can put out 4s of alacrity for everyone. qT says including alacrity in your rotation only takes about 1k off of your dps, so not the biggest deal.

Also, you might want to have a short bow instead of a second axe for some of the fights where you don't want to be/can't be in melee 100% of the time (bloomhugger, big mamma, thermanova, etc), or for like pushing orbs on 100.

I don't know if it's better than Herald for fractals though, since you often don't have an ideal group boon-wise and herald can fill the gaps there, but if you have a chrono/ps/druid, renegade's a nice option to go hamm with.

@haventr.1630 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:It's not really a prediction when you're stuck between two options and one is clearly better than the others. qT's build is basically what I've been running in fractals for awhile now.

How is it not a prediction? I predicted that Jalis would be better dps than kalla and i was wrong.

Kalla vs. Jalis isn't some grand mystery revealed to us by the seers of qT. We all came to the conclusion that Jalis beats out Kalla while solo or in a high cc environment, and Kalla wins when you're on a team in a low CC environment. You pick which one to use depending on where you are, and qT raids.

@Swoll.1483 said:All I read in this post is "look at me look at me look at me". No one cares that you guessed on the things that were easily known and claimed that you had no clue for the things that actually required testing. Next time just link the qT post?

no

Why do you think you're so special?qT were not the only ones running/testing that build before it went public, that's how it is with most "meta" builds on new balances... If you are making a build for a specific cause (in this case DPS), with a certain mindset, you will come up with a similar build to what others did.It's not like there are infinite options in the game.

@Coconut.7082 said:Why do you think you're so special?qT were not the only ones running/testing that build before it went public, that's how it is with most "meta" builds on new balances... If you are making a build for a specific cause (in this case DPS), with a certain mindset, you will come up with a similar build to what others did.It's not like there are infinite options in the game.

why are people acting like I'm bragging when I got the most important aspects of the build wrong lol

@haventr.1630 said:

@Coconut.7082 said:Why do you think you're so special?qT were not the only ones running/testing that build before it went public, that's how it is with most "meta" builds on new balances... If you are making a build for a specific cause (in this case DPS), with a certain mindset, you will come up with a similar build to what others did.It's not like there are infinite options in the game.

why are people acting like I'm bragging when I got the most important aspects of the build wrong lol

Because people are bad and they're struggling to cope with the changes and maybe they were hoping AFK'ing with a short bow auto attack was going to get them 49k dps... So, when they perceive someone boasting about doing awesome with it, the salt explodes right through their skin.

I dunno how you missed the smoldering sigil though, it literally puts burn duration to exactly the same amount as torment so you can cap them both with food buffs. :bleep_bloop:

@narcx.3570 said:

@haventr.1630 said:

Because people are bad and they're struggling to cope with the changes and maybe they were hoping AFK'ing with a short bow auto attack was going to get them 49k dps... So, when they perceive someone boasting about doing awesome with it, the salt explodes right through their skin.

I dunno how you missed the smoldering sigil though, it literally puts burn duration to exactly the same amount as torment so you can cap them both with food buffs. :bleep_bloop:

Idk, I'm full Viper's with the 100 expertise food and I only have like 95% duration without malice

@haventr.1630 said:

@narcx.3570 said:

@haventr.1630 said:

Idk, I'm full Viper's with the 100 expertise food and I only have like 95% duration without malice

Using Malice/Smoldering would be overkill though, especially when you'r channeling EtD.

@narcx.3570 said:

@haventr.1630 said:

@narcx.3570 said:

@haventr.1630 said:

Using Malice/Smoldering would be overkill though, especially when you'r channeling EtD.

I was using Malice/Geomancy. malice/smoldering would definitely be overkill

@haventr.1630 said:

Well, for starters because you made a whole post to show everyone that you were (mostly) right predicting the build.

@narcx.3570 said:Because people are bad and they're struggling to cope with the changes and maybe they were hoping AFK'ing with a short bow auto attack was going to get them 49k dps... So, when they perceive someone boasting about doing awesome with it, the salt explodes right through their skin.

Yes, that is exactly the reason.

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:So condi Renegade is spamming 2-3-5 and up the favor ?Well that's better than spamming AA on shortbow for sure.

Nahhhh, you just spam AA and 2... You only use 3 once per stance and 5 only in Kalla. But there's also one utility skill and an f3 tossed into Kalla too, so rev's are hitting more buttons than ever!!! They might even have to borrow a carpal tunnel wrist brace from their condiengie friends.

@narcx.3570 said:

@haventr.1630 said:

Or people were just tired of Mace/Axe and dared to dream an entire new spec would be more than just a boost to what they were already playing before the expansion. I know it's silly.

@haventr.1630 said:

Well because of the topic of your thread seems douchy. If you were talking to a friend or if someone asked you what you predicted then it would be fine. You just ended up makin a thread on a public place where you made it seem like you're the center of attention.

Its just not that constructive. But if you were makin the thread to talk about the choices qt made and have opinions on it while comparing to what you thought would be better. Instead its just a me me me thread.

Archived